Stinky roads bad for mechanics

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Stinky roads bad for mechanics

Post by maryjane48 »

Roadside mechanics in Valemount, B.C., are tired of having to deal with human waste on the side of the highway as they try to do their job.

"It's just really disgusting," said Travis Wied, the owner of Travis Auto in the Robson Valley community.

"The last time I smelled anything that bad was when I was 13 years old and went to Tijuana."

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/brit ... -1.4286332

not sure what to think but no more pooping by road bcers [icon_lol2.gif]
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Stinky roads bad for mechanics

Post by bob vernon »

Toilets at rest stops were largely eliminated by the Christy Liberals as a way of saving a few dollars. And the contracts for pumping out the remaining ones? Never renewed. Just let them overflow and people will stop using them. This provinces roadside rest areas, at least the ones outside NATIONAL parks, are some of the worst.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bob vernon wrote:Toilets at rest stops were largely eliminated by the Christy Liberals as a way of saving a few dollars. .

Really?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I think I'm gonna stop at that spot for some relief next time I'm through there lol
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

bob vernon wrote:Toilets at rest stops were largely eliminated by the Christy Liberals as a way of saving a few dollars. And the contracts for pumping out the remaining ones? Never renewed. Just let them overflow and people will stop using them. This provinces roadside rest areas, at least the ones outside NATIONAL parks, are some of the worst.

can you prove or link as to where they were done with taken out.I have never had any problems finding toilets between kilowna and the alberta border. Please list the ones eliminated. txs. [icon_lol2.gif]
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

WSBC may not have jurisdiction but the employee can still exercise their right to refuse unsafe work and push the employer to come up with something, even if it is just PPE

Return to “B.C.”