Apple iPhone X

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Apple iPhone X

Post by Gixxer »

Dizzy1 wrote: But guess what my iPhone can do that your Android can't? It can adapt to my personal lifestyle and work choices :up:

Really how so? My Andriod based phone does whatever a CrApple phone can do. Even than some because I have control over what I can put on it. Wait till that new iSO comes out and it wont be compatible with your current Iphone. Im sure your personal lifestyle and work wont be so adapt then.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Bahhaha
Attachments
iphone.jpg
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Gixxer wrote:Really how so?

My personal preferences, my personal choice. Apple simply works better for me, deal with it :up:
Gixxer wrote:My Andriod based phone does whatever a CrApple phone can do.

:hailjo:
Gixxer wrote:Even than some because I have control over what I can put on it.

Ummm - good for you? :up:

I have no interest in any of that. I've had an Android, it was OK - Apple fits me better, thanks :up:
Gixxer wrote:Wait till that new iSO comes out and it wont be compatible with your current Iphone.

Ummm, yeah OK - you run with that :laugh:
Gixxer wrote:Im sure your personal lifestyle and work wont be so adapt then.

Guess you're the "expert" in other peoples needs, personal lifestyle and work - good for you :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Gixxer wrote:Basically Apple makes their products obsolete after a few years so consumers have to buy the newest and greatest products.

Let's see ...

My 2013 MacBook Pro is running Sierra 10.12.5

Both my iPhone 7 and 5s are both running IOS 10.3.3

My iPad Mini 2 is also running IOS 10.3.3

All 3 devices are 100% compatible with the upcoming IOS 11.

Please, tell us again how Apple is making their products "obsolete" after a few years and "forcing" us to buy the newest and greatest products?

The only reason I upgraded my 5s to a 7 for my work phone is because of the bigger screen and Jet Black colour caught my eye.
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Sep 19th, 2017, 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Loed wrote:
iOS is built for a particular set of hardware, but also ages faster(6s's are already quite slow with all the new updates), Android fits more niches and runs on par with what the majority of users do. That's the trade off.

Huh? My iPhone 7, 5s and the Mrs' 6s are all running IOS 10.3.3 and they're no slower then they were with original IOS.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

The 5S, which came out in 2013, is getting iOS11. For comparison, the Galaxy S4, out the same year, didn't receive an update after Android Lollipop, out in 2014. Not sure why this has become a criticism against iPhones.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Huh, I just got iOS11 today. That must mean everyone else must have Oreo by now. It was released a month ago. ;-)
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Bhahaha Iphone users are a sensitive bunch.

My ipod touch 4 which is in mint condition can only update to iSO 6. Its useless and cant play podcasts or download new apps or even olders ones that are compatible with iSO 6

My mac book power book which I bought new in 2006 pretty much became obsolete after the Mac Book Pro came out. Its sitting in my closet because its pretty much worthless and I paid alot of money for it back in the day.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Gixxer wrote:Bhahaha Iphone users are a sensitive bunch.

No offence dude, you're the one throwing the temper tantrum :up:
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Bhahaha... well, my Google Nexus android tablet started with 2.3, once it went up to 4.? it was too slow to be useful. That is just the way the cookie crumbles. If it had a GoogleByte of memory, then it might have been ok ;-) Nothing lasts forever. I could have put 2.3 back on perhaps... but that would have resulted in being incompatible with modern versions and Googles services.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I updated to iOS 11 last night. Quite a few changes. Some I like, some I don't. All works well tho and thats the main thing :up:
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Loving this thread.

Tech is tech. If it does what you want it to, good. I've used PC's and Apple computers. I've used apple phones, LG phones, Sony phones, Samsung phones. I've seen people switch from Apple to android, or android to Apple. I've worked in tech support live and in call centre environments where I did setup and configuration, or just helped people with their devices.

And in my professional opinion, Apple is more user friendly, and less prone to catastrophic failures. Apps tend to be better designed and better functioning on Apple. Sure either devices have some gimmicks that the other might not have, but android and samsngun devices seem introduce things half-assed, whereas Apple sometimes over-engineers them.

You can say that face recognition has existed on some android devices for a few years. True, however these could be foiled with a literal picture of the user. The tech Apple has is essentially the x-box connect engineered and shrunk down into something the size of a single bone in my pinky finger. And unable to be fooled by pictures or even professional masks.

The number one argument I hear from android users is how they can jailbreak their phone. The actual number of android users I've known to actually do this is close to zero.

How good is a feature if you will never use it?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

http://www.macworld.co.uk/review/iphone ... 8-3664253/

and excerpt at the end...

"Ultimately this ends up the same as most iPhone vs Android phone showdowns: the Samsung offers better specs for your buck..."
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

...full sentence... “the Samsung offers better specs for your buck, but because of the integration and optimisation between hardware and software the actual experience probably isn't much better, and we find iOS far more user-friendly, as well as a better choice for security and privacy (the latter an important consideration when biometric data is involved).”
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

...full sentence... “the Samsung offers better specs for your buck, but because of the integration and optimisation between hardware and software the actual experience probably isn't much better, and we find iOS far more user-friendly, as well as a better choice for security and privacy (the latter an important consideration when biometric data is involved).”

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”