Old Carl's Jr.

twobits
Guru

Re: Old Carl's Jr.

Post by twobits »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote: I have never had a 5 dollar coffee so I don't know what it's like.
Apparently many people do not have a problem conducting business in a coffee shop, even if you do jot like it.
When I had a shopm it was hard to have a non distracted conversation in there m due to either the surroundings or unexpected drop in visitors. The world has changed, meeting in coffee shops are very common.
Your inferior product as you call it, seems to be doing very well. Not everyone has the same taste thankfully..
And please don't put Starbucks and 7-11 in the same category it's silly.

Just bustin your stones. But I really do hate Bucks coffee. But then again I am a bit of a fussy person to please with coffee. Honestly, the best bang for yer buck coffee wise is actually Mickey Dee's now. It's actually really good coffee. The kids screaming might be a distraction for closing a deal though lol.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
MikeKemp

Post by MikeKemp »

I was trying to figure out where the fourth Starbucks is. It's in Safeway. So we have Riverside, Downtown, Cherry Lane, and Safeway. A fifth location does seem excessive but if the new one does go in it should get lots of traffic from the hospital and industrial areas.

The fact that it will have a drive thru I think will be the draw. Only the Riverside location is drive thru at the present time.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

60 years .. ya know what you are absolutely correct. There is no way you can put Starbucks and 7-11 coffee in the same category. I mean how does Starbucks even come close to that aromatic brown liquid from 7-11. :130:
I'm with Twobits - I'll take a Mcdee coffee anytime over any of the others. Good coffee - good value. Now if those idiots in the jacked up diesels would turn their engines off in the drive-through ... oh right .. we dealt with that one already. That's what being a senior does Twobits.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Actually I often have coffee at Mc D,s And Sbux most days.
But some day I have a morning bite at McD,s without coffee, then go over to Buy for a coffee and to work online.
But it's often restaurants have very mediocre coffee, often pubs have better coffee.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

McDonald's has a good coffee now, I'm glad WestJet replaced their instant crap with it last year, with the exception of Encore, which still serves the instant crap. However, McDonald's espresso based drinks are absolute crap.

7/11's coffee has gotten much better as well, but sorry, Starbucks has actual flavour - especially if the store has a Clover Machine - now that is some amazingly smooth and flavourful coffee :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Giants Head
Fledgling

Post by Giants Head »

I was told that the the new store will have a Clover machine. I don't have any idea what that means.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I've tried some the reserve issues and there's some decent coffee there, the one in Westbank across from the LCB store carries them.

To be truthful I'm kind of spoiled on coffee now. My daughter turned me on to a small-batch artisan roaster out of Portland, Oregon a few years back and there's no going back for me. Stumptown Coffee. They don't ship to Canada but Oroville is just a short hop. It's like making the switch to fresh grated Parmesan, the green can just doesn't cut it any more.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

fluffy wrote:I've tried some the reserve issues and there's some decent coffee there, the one in Westbank across from the LCB store carries them.

To be truthful I'm kind of spoiled on coffee now. My daughter turned me on to a small-batch artisan roaster out of Portland, Oregon a few years back and there's no going back for me. Stumptown Coffee. They don't ship to Canada but Oroville is just a short hop. It's like making the switch to fresh grated Parmesan, the green can just doesn't cut it any more.

Now that's what I call living the American dream! [icon_lol2.gif]
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Do you mean going to 7-11 ?
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Do you mean going to 7-11 ?

Tip for ya. 7/11 now has a stainless steel mug for sale for 10 bucks that gives you free coffee every Sun and Mon and 50 cent refills ever other day for as long as you own the mug. For a decent coffee, it's an awesome deal for grab and go brew. Bought one today.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

twobits wrote:Tip for ya. 7/11 now has a stainless steel mug for sale for 10 bucks that gives you free coffee every Sun and Mon and 50 cent refills ever other day for as long as you own the mug. For a decent coffee, it's an awesome deal for grab and go brew. Bought one today.

Got me wondering, at the corner of Harvey & Spall is a 7-11. Curious thing, would that location have 7-11 coffee since it also has a Tim's.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:Got me wondering, at the corner of Harvey & Spall is a 7-11. Curious thing, would that location have 7-11 coffee since it also has a Tim's.

The Blue Moon Esso in Vernon has a Timmie's and 7/11 and they had both coffees (at least last time I was in there) - I also noticed the Esso/Timmie's on 32nd Street is also a 7/11.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Could you coffee and go people not just make it at home and go?
Pick whatever bean you desire.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

fall wrote:Could you coffee and go people not just make it at home and go?
Pick whatever bean you desire.

Why go home when you're in need of a good cup of java while shopping or doing errands? Also, some of us spend more time on the road then we do at home.

Return to “South Okanagan”