Major League Baseball

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Major League Baseball

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:This series really did prove that they had the "best" teams from each league. There have been some World Series that I was pretty sure one of the teams got there on a fluke. lol Not the case this time. I'm wondering what would have happened if the final games had been played at Wrigley Field though. [icon_lol2.gif]

I prefer championship final series to go at least 6 games, ultimately game 7 into overtime.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*putting a curse on GordonH [icon_lol2.gif]
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:*putting a curse on GordonH [icon_lol2.gif]

I welcome the curse, bring it on ferri. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

hahaha! oh i was just joking. i won't put a curse on you. yet.
― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:hahaha! oh i was just joking. i won't put a curse on you. yet.

Oh darn, but okay. :laugh:
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

It was destiny, rains falls allowing Cubs to regroup after Indians tie it up. That and the weird coincidence of there being 108 stitches on a baseball. Moahaha. :200:
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

here. we need a tear jerker. you're welcome. :D

Cubs fan drives all day to fulfill a promise and listen to Game 7 at his father’s grave

Wayne Williams and his dad had a deal—when the Cubs made it to the World Series, they were going to listen to the games together. Williams’s father, also named Wayne, died in 1980 but Williams followed through on their pact.

more here:
http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/11 ... ther-grave
― Albert Einstein
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I'm pulling for the cubs as soon as the Jays were ousted and I watched every minute of every game until the game tieing homer. I walked away not because I believed they would lose but because I was drained.

I got up at 3 to check the score so I got to wear my satisfaction smile a bit late, but not never.

Yay Cubs!!
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

mexicalidreamer wrote:I'm pulling for the cubs as soon as the Jays were ousted and I watched every minute of every game until the game tieing homer. I walked away not because I believed they would lose but because I was drained.

I got up at 3 to check the score so I got to wear my satisfaction smile a bit late, but not never.

Yay Cubs!!

Lol, know the feeling.

Not sure how cheering for a team can have this effect, but I'm glad it does. What an awesome MLB playoffs.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Couple things:
Chicago Cubs were founded 1870, which makes them the oldest team in the league

Including 2016, they have been to the finals 11 times..... 3 wins & 8 losses
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Poindexter wrote:Not sure how cheering for a team can have this effect, but I'm glad it does. What an awesome MLB playoffs.

This is the greatest thing created by professional sports for millions of people every year, and when people question why we have them I know they could never understand.

I was all for the Jays and had fun watching their wins, but somehow the Cubs got me even more into it, what a game what a rush. I think I saw one of the games of the next 50 years and am better for it.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Usually I don't pay much attention to MLB until the playoffs. I suspect Jays fans are disappointed seeing them at bottom of their division & 3rd worst in American League.

Added: that's what can happen when they sell out future consideration for 1 pitcher who stayed a short time.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bump
Maybe its time MLB extends the netting to protect those in the stands.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/20 ... -foul-ball

Hockey did that many years & it does not interfere with watching the game.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

October begins tomorrow, which means MLB postseason.

First up the wildcard games:
(ALWC) Minnesota Twins @ New York Yankees, to see who meets the Cleveland Indians
(NLWC) Colorado Rockies @ Arizona Diamondbacks, to see who meets the Los Angeles Dodgers

Other matchup are:
Boston Red socks @ Houston Astros
Chicago Cubs @ Washington Nationals

No Blue Jays this year because they were terrible, that's what happens when GM gives away the future for small chance at winning (meaning former GM Alex Anthopoulos)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ALDS
New York Yankees @ Cleveland Indians
Boston Red Sox @ Houston Astros
NLDS
Arizona Diamondbacks @ Los Angeles Dodgers
Chicago Cubs @ Washington Nationals

I'm not big Baseball fan, as last year Chicago ended a drought. So this year I will pick Cleveland to end there drought this year.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”