Any trustworthy car sale lots?

Business and professional recommendations.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Any trustworthy car sale lots?

Post by binky11 »

Am in the market for a used car. I know, some of you will say stay away from the dealers. But here must be a couple of reputable lots in this city? Went to one the other day, well let's just say it had RUN written all over it. SANDZ seems to have been around for awhile and also Apple Grove sales. Any recommendations? My price limit is $6,000 and really want a Toyota or Honda, but those dealers don't normally deal with car sales in that low price range. Need a referral for a lot with a good reputation.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Any trustworthy car sale lots?

Post by Queen K »

The problem is that negative business reviews are not allowed here.

Everyone will PM you with those.

Also, that your budget is low, the quality of vehicle you're be looking at is going to be low. Will it be the dealers fault if something goes wrong with the vehicle soon after purchase? A low priced vehicle usually comes with high kms and repairs that need done.

Or was that just me when I was looking? I had to bump up my budget.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Private sale is the way to go. Find a single owner vehicle where they can tell you the history. Low mileage senior or lady driven. Take it to a reputable shop for an inspection before purchasing.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Because my vehicle was totalled while under the care of my mechanic while he test drove it, although he is 100 not at fault, he feels bad as is willing to go through any vehicle I might want with a fine tooth comb. There are toyotas out there that will last me the rest of my life, yes even at $6,000. You can get a good quality vehicle for $6,000. Many with only about 100,000 kms. Which is nothing for say a Camry. But either way, whether I buy from a dealer or private, it's going to get throughly checked over first by my mechanic anyway. Just wondering if any reputable dealers out there. I would prefer to go private.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If you find vehicle you are interested in private or off car sales lot.
I always get my mechanic to do pre-purchase inspection on all or any used vehicle. Better to have idea of any headaches before buying.
Of last couple have been new off a dealer lot, no need for an inspection.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Most reputable dealers "if there is such a thing" would wholesale off any vehicles in that price range.
Your best bet is private.

https://classifieds.castanet.net/detail ... e/3220141/
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Glenrosa buy and sell on facebook at a 2009 Toyota Matrix for $7500
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Castanet Classifieds shows a 2009 Corolla S for $6000. Don't look at the mileage, as has already been mentioned, everything READ THAT AGAIN: EVERYTHING, in that price range for a Toyota or a Honda is going to have hella-high kms. I don't know what people are doing nowadays, my 14 yr old car has 161,000 kms on it.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

BSuds, thank you for that link! Don't know how I missed that one! A Camry is on the very top of my list. Shot him off an email, no phone number shown. I am going to have to be a bit more patient, you can get Corollas, Honda civics and camrys for $6,000 with low mileage. One just has to have patience. I don't like being without wheels. ICBC gives you three days after you agree on a price with them, then they take away your courtesy car. Nothing like putting the pressure on. Today was last day with my posh rental, so hit the pavement, but came home disappointed. Such is life. Maybe the Camry will work out.
Haven't had but one second to check castanet today, but will do so right now. Thanks guys :)))
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

There's a 1999 Volkswagen Beetle with 56,000 kms. Was under $6.000. According to my mechanic, he didn't recommend the beetle. Too bad. But no, not all Japenese made cars between 2000-2005 have high mileage. There was two Honda accords that had just under 500,000 kms, amazing! Lol.
Bleach
Fledgling

Post by Bleach »

Yeah, stay away from Volkswagen Beetle, and PT cruisers. Heck most Chrysler products. Hyundai has gotten better, but there is some years to stay away from. Best to buy new for that brand. If you can, avoid engines with a timing belt. If maintained it makes no difference, but most people forget about them and it will take the engine out if it breaks .
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Whatever you buy, at this budget that car will have issues and problems. Be prepared to fix things.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Even Steven wrote:Whatever you buy, at this budget that car will have issues and problems. Be prepared to fix things.

Hence the pre-purchase inspection by your trusted mechanic..... not there's.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Even Steven wrote:Whatever you buy, at this budget that car will have issues and problems. Be prepared to fix things.

I have to disagree with this statement, unless purchasing an American made car. My mom and brother both have camrys, one is. 2000 with 105,000 kms, the other a 2005 with 150,000. Both maintained and never had any issues. Camrys usually, if cared for, will easily see well over 300,000 kms.

SBuds.......am in contact with that Camry you sent me. The guy is going to be in Kelowna from radium on Oct 2, if my mechanic gibes that car a clean bill,of health, it will be mine. I may owe you my first born for this. Hehe.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

WeatherWoman wrote:Glenrosa buy and sell on facebook at a 2009 Toyota Matrix for $7500

Haven`t seen you around here for AGES , WW ..

How`s it going ?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .

Return to “Referrals”