Pet Peeves

A potpourri of off-topics.
my5cents
Guru

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by my5cents »

Fictional TV shows, where, for example, the writer invents a Klingon language and then the producer interprets it with sub titles.

It’s a fictional show ! Just use English with a “Klingon” acent.

I don’t want to have to read the text while trying to keep up with what is going on, on the screen.

It’s not Das Boot.

Just abandoned watching the news Star Trek TV show because of it.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Das Boot made me sweat in that clautrophobic sub. What a story and well worth reading captions.

I hate dark movies, as in the screen is so damn dark you can't see what they are doing. Makes me wish the producers had invested in a few candles to light the set.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Catsumi wrote:Das Boot made me sweat in that clautrophobic sub. What a story and well worth reading captions.

I hate dark movies, as in the screen is so damn dark you can't see what they are doing. Makes me wish the producers had invested in a few candles to light the set.

Yes, exactly. Das Boot was best in German with sub titles. Dark scenes are frustrating likely makes it easier for the director to hide flaws.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Why do the total morons that make pepper shakers and grinders hire a brain dead goof that hates pepper to design the shakers. You shake and twist and shake more and the lousy things finaly reward you with a couple of tiny specs of pepper. If I wanted unproductive exercise I would go to a gym. I WANT PEPPER DAMMIT.
Black Dogs Matter
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You can buy it pre-ground ya know :135:

New Pet Peeve: American food portions. And I hate not cleaning up my plate. Darn it. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote:New Pet Peeve: American food portions. And I hate not cleaning up my plate. Darn it. :up:

That one is easy...buy 1 meal and share it.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Pet peeve, people taking food off my plate. NOPE, ain't happening.

New pet peeve: early Winters. It's COLD out there and it's only Oct. 14th.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:Pet peeve, people taking food off my plate. NOPE, ain't happening.

New pet peeve: early Winters. It's COLD out there and it's only Oct. 14th.

Cold Weather is great, the colder the better. :up: :up:

Sorry QK if you are not enjoying it.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Cold is great for whom? I am not enjoying having to come in to warm up when I'm working hard out there. :D
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Waiting
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote:

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Bsuds wrote:
GordonH wrote:

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Yup! Until you get arthritis.

:biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Paying 50 cents an apple at the super market after driving by orchard after orchard with thousands spoiling on the ground. :-X
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Poindexter wrote:Paying 50 cents an apple at the super market after driving by orchard after orchard with thousands spoiling on the ground. :-X

The Orchardist's are not allowed to do anything with those windfalls. That's a real shame and another Pet Peeve.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Poindexter wrote:Paying 50 cents an apple at the super market after driving by orchard after orchard with thousands spoiling on the ground. :-X

Funny because we were in Lakeshore Market yesterday and the same apples we just bought from an orchard here in Kelowna were .20 lb cheaper and were local apples too. Kind of *bleep* us off a bit.

Return to “Grab Bag”