Most People aren't straight

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Most People aren't straight

Post by Glacier »

University Says More Than Half Of Generation Z Is Not Heterosexual Or Cisgender

I would say the same applies to my daughter's age group (12 year olds). She says most of her friends are bi or gay or trans. It's quite popular these days.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Most People aren't straight

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Many animals are not all that discerning either.
What if it's all a big fat lie? that only males can be attracted to females, or only females can be attracted to males, or that there are only two (very straight) sexes? Maybe it's more like a spectrum, where most people fall somewhere on one side or the other, but many others have traits from both sides, or the "other" side? This probably hasn't been studied much because everyone's just presuming it's a Male/female world. They've even ascribed sex to many inanimate objects or phenomena, like ships are female. Hurricanes used to be all female, now there are two sexes responsible for the destruction. There's "Mother Nature", as if males have nothing to do with natural processes. God has been envisioned as Male. Why? No one has seen him/her, so who knows? Someone just decided, that the dude in charge of everything would have to be a male. Pretty chauvinist when you think about it.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

My grandma's church teaches that God is both a father and a mother (ie. not just male). It seems to me that being gay is much more common among women than men in gen z. Maybe this has always been the case, I don't know.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Or maybe that women are less likely to beat up a woman for being gay, but guys are more likely to beat up a guy for being gay. Result is that women are more likely to express their sexuality or bisexuality since they aren't going to get trounced for it.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Or maybe that women are less likely to beat up a woman for being gay, but guys are more likely to beat up a guy for being gay. Result is that women are more likely to express their sexuality or bisexuality since they aren't going to get trounced for it.

Actuality, women are far more likely to be beat up by a female partner than a male partner.

On a side note, nobody wants to identify with the oppressor. I have a theory that the reason trans-women outnumber trans-men something like 9-1, is because men don't want to be associated with the patriarchy or seen as oppressors so if they change genders they can then be an oppressed minority. Luckily they can still sleep with women too because now they are lesbians and not just guys in a dress with a dick underneath... this, in no way, means I don't believe that gender dysphoria isn't real and some of these cases are the real deal. It just means I feel like there are a lot of hangers on trying to increase their standing in the oppression Olympics.
- Douglas Murray
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

[/quote]
Actuality, women are far more likely to be beat up by a female partner than a male partner.[/quote]

Totally, all reports conclude exactly what you posted, and amazing how people just cannot accept the truth. Or, they just do not want to accept the truth. Show's how troubled, mislead, un-accepting, blinded, people are in society.
Too bad, because it actually keeps us from dealing with the issues efficiently.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Glacier wrote: It seems to me that being gay is much more common among women than men ...

If I was a woman I'd be a lesbian. :smt045
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

I don't think Silverstarqueen was talking about domestic abuse but more random violence towards gay men and women. If I am wrong, let me know but that's just what I got out of her post.
hail Satan y'all
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

whatwhat wrote:I don't think Silverstarqueen was talking about domestic abuse but more random violence towards gay men and women. If I am wrong, let me know but that's just what I got out of her post.

You could be right... ya, I don't know what it would take to get beat up for being straight. You'd have to live in the West End or something. So, just a single instance of gay bashing is more than there is for straight bashing. It's like betting beat up for being a vegan versus being a meat eater. No one gets beat up for eating bacon because bacon eaters outnumber vegans 10 to 1, but vegans are a minority, so they do face a certain level of abuse. In fact, hatred of people who don't eat bacon is the main source of religious discrimination in Canada.
- Douglas Murray
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

Timing of this thread is a coincidence, with Hugh Hefner moving on to the big 'playmate mansion in the sky' yesterday. Was reading about some of his earliest 'Playboy' issues (which I bought for the articles, of course... :smt045 ), and this short story -- The Crooked Man -- (https://www.splicetoday.com/politics-and-media/the-crooked-man-when-cisgender-heteronormativity-is-outlawed) was mentioned. It's about a society where most everyone is gay and straight people are persecuted. :132:
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Most people are straight.
Gay people are gay regardless of the level of acceptance in society.
People have and continue to die because they are anything other than straight.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=& ... 7fcuWkHD2A

The Onion News..............hilarious!
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Glacier wrote:University Says More Than Half Of Generation Z Is Not Heterosexual Or Cisgender

I would say the same applies to my daughter's age group (12 year olds). She says most of her friends are bi or gay or trans. It's quite popular these days.

Is this thread (or the link in the original post) supposed to be serious? I honestly can't tell.

Silverstarqueen wrote:Or maybe that women are less likely to beat up a woman for being gay, but guys are more likely to beat up a guy for being gay. Result is that women are more likely to express their sexuality or bisexuality since they aren't going to get trounced for it.

You go ahead and prove that one please.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

StraitTalk wrote:
Is this thread (or the link in the original post) supposed to be serious? I honestly can't tell.

With a name like "StraitTalk" I could see why this topic interests you... oops, wrong straight. Anyway, yes, serious as far as I can tell. My daughter whose 12 says most of the girls in her grade are bi, but you know how perception is. I mean, sometimes it felt like most people smoked when I was a teenager even though the reality might not have been that high.
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Really, most say that they're bi? I see every single tv series that is newly produced HAS to have a gay story-line. Every single one of them, from Bomb Girls to the new Riverdale. Orange is the New Black has open lesbianism in the first episode. Shades of Blue, yup. It goes on and on, gay is the new "thing" to write in, I almost think it's mandatory.

When I was growing up we saw Klinger constantly trying to prove he's crazy by dressing transgender, something NO ONE ever got offended by and he wasn't fooling anyone.

But that's about it.

If the Brady Bunch was made to day, two of the six kids would have a gay/bi story line to act out.

Do kids in school today identify a bi by what they see on tv? Are they influenced?

I would guess "yes."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Social Concerns”