On the small screen...

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: On the small screen...

Post by Queen K »

Once again, I'll recommend the series, "Peaky Blinders." Strange name but it's proven to be a real nail biter.

Crime, sex, money, the class system, England.

Can't get better than that.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I tuned in to Season 2 of "Designated Survivor" last night and realized that I missed a serious chunk of Season 1. I thought it ended with President Kirkland getting shot which would have been a typical end-of-season cliff-hanger but it looks like I got my signals crossed somewhere.

It's also hard to ignore that the Marvel empire has been hitting the small screen in a big way.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I am seriously enjoying "The Orville" :biggrin:

I haven't failed until I quit.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

So currently I've been getting on free preview BBC Earth, I find Brian Cox very interesting with his programs.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Lady tehMa wrote:I am seriously enjoying "The Orville"

It's a bit different. Definitely good effects.

Anyone watching "Doom Patrol"? First two episodes were about character introduction (I think),
but after that it remains just as confusing. It does have me somewhat intrigued though.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped
Telus TV customers have had this channel for years.

I just noticed that Shaw TV customers now have MeTV on channel 41, so if you want to watvh old tv show this is channel for you i.e Bonanza, Rawhide, Rifleman etc... etc
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Bumped
Telus TV customers have had this channel for years.

I just noticed that Shaw TV customers now have MeTV on channel 41, so if you want to watvh old tv show this is channel for you i.e Bonanza, Rawhide, Rifleman etc... etc

Been watching some of the old tv shows, brings back many good memories.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

GordonH wrote:Been watching some of the old tv shows, brings back many good memories.

I have seen a few Carol Burnett shows but Mr. Just has been watching a lot of the other ones.
They do bring back good memories.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bumped up

WTH is global tv thinking... it’s far to early for the Polar Express. It’s Halloween scary movies
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped up

These tv series are usually extremely loosely based on reality, it’s not as if The Crown is documentary.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Entertain ... ffair-plot
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Just waiting for the new season of The Witcher :/ A long wait but worth it. Is it good, shrug who cares it has Henry in it - shirtless half the time
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Shoresy series on Crave............ :cuss: ing hilarious!........."SHUT THE :cuss: UP WILL YAH!"

my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

A strong recommendation...... Alaska Daily. CTV/ABC on Thursday evenings. This Thursday Oct 13th will be episode # 2, #1 is available, if you have CTV on demand.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

my5cents wrote: Oct 10th, 2022, 1:29 pm A strong recommendation...... Alaska Daily. CTV/ABC on Thursday evenings. This Thursday Oct 13th will be episode # 2, #1 is available, if you have CTV on demand.
Was wondering about that one. Watching the pilot on Crave.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lesliepaul wrote: Oct 10th, 2022, 1:25 pm Shoresy series on Crave............ :cuss: ing hilarious!........."SHUT THE :cuss: UP WILL YAH!"

x2 :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”