Poll on violent crime getting worse...

dle
Lord of the Board

Poll on violent crime getting worse...

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story--11-.htm

Of course it is. What do people expect when there is no consequence to the perpetrator? We have laws that are hard to call "laws" with out laughing out loud because the Judges give sentences for committing the crime that are either non-existent (suspended), feeble (probation no matter how many times that didn't work in the past), time and a half credit given (I can see the "time" part but not the "half" - the "half" was never served so why give credit for it - assinine?!)

Crime absolutely does pay these days!! No deterrents, no consequences, no enforcement, no lesson learned so why not?

We aren't a lawless society because the laws do exist - they are just meaningless.

Bad guys laughing all the way to the bank, their prey just has to suck it up.

Thanks Judges.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Poll on violent crime getting worse...

Post by lightspeed »

Kelowna attracts these scum suckers.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Kelowna has always had lots of crime that said though it is now getting way out of hand. The crimes we see and the amount you would think we where a big city. Part of the problem is our legal system is broken in big ways. most of the criminals don't even get a slap on the wrist and are let back out to go on a crime spree.

The one thing I don't get but find funny is many "criminals" get let out on a promise to appear [icon_lol2.gif] . Really a promise to appear so now we are to trust that this criminal will appear in court :200: seriously. Chances are if the guy/girl you just caught committing a crime gets a chance to do it again they will. So why let them out on a promise to appear because clearly they cant be trusted already as they just committed a :cuss: crime. Seriously what is wrong with legal system? I have sat many times reading the news and my face looked like this :200:. All I have to say is :up: Canadian legal system now pull your head out from your :cuss: and change so we can finally get some real justice.

This is why many people don't call the police any more and deal with things them selves. I'm not saying that's the right thing to do but unless things change more and more people will be dealing with "problems" there own way.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

gsc wrote:Kelowna has always had lots of crime that said though it is now getting way out of hand. The crimes we see and the amount you would think we where a big city. Part of the problem is our legal system is broken in big ways. most of the criminals don't even get a slap on the wrist and are let back out to go on a crime spree.

The one thing I don't get but find funny is many "criminals" get let out on a promise to appear [icon_lol2.gif] . Really a promise to appear so now we are to trust that this criminal will appear in court :200: seriously. Chances are if the guy/girl you just caught committing a crime gets a chance to do it again they will. So why let them out on a promise to appear because clearly they cant be trusted already as they just committed a :cuss: crime. Seriously what is wrong with legal system? I have sat many times reading the news and my face looked like this :200:. All I have to say is :up: Canadian legal system now pull your head out from your :cuss: and change so we can finally get some real justice.

This is why many people don't call the police any more and deal with things them selves. I'm not saying that's the right thing to do but unless things change more and more people will be dealing with "problems" there own way.

Definitely agree with your post except I'm not sure why they would be afraid to appear in Court - with the sentences the Judges regularly hand out, that's probably their best bet for getting off scott free!
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

dle wrote:
gsc wrote:Kelowna has always had lots of crime that said though it is now getting way out of hand. The crimes we see and the amount you would think we where a big city. Part of the problem is our legal system is broken in big ways. most of the criminals don't even get a slap on the wrist and are let back out to go on a crime spree.

Definitely agree with your post except I'm not sure why they would be afraid to appear in Court - with the sentences the Judges regularly hand out, that's probably their best bet for getting off scott free!

my point was not that they are afraid but to but the likely hood of being able to trusting a criminal to show up is [icon_lol2.gif] . If they get caught committing a crime clearly they cant be trusted.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

If they don't appear then a bench warrant gets issued.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Bman wrote:If they don't appear then a bench warrant gets issued.

Why let them out in the first place.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Imagine how further the courts get backlogged if everyone who was presented to the courts were dealt with on the spot.
Think about the court process.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.

Return to “Central Okanagan”