Therapy dog shot by moron

Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: Therapy dog shot by moron

Post by Urban Cowboy »

This seems to have evolved into a hunter's dong measuring contest. [icon_lol2.gif]

All it shows me is that regardless of whether the area was in 2-6 or 2-7 anyone walking dogs there, let alone that many, should have the smarts to know it's active hunting area, and that as such it would be prudent to mark a wolf dog to protect it from being mistaken as a wolf.

In the end this amounts to reckless hunter, and reckless dog owner.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Kelowner
Fledgling

Post by Kelowner »

LANDM wrote:Blah blah blah blah.

It was in WMU 2-6, however very close to the border of 2-7. Wolf is open. :up:
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Kelowner wrote:
LANDM wrote:Blah blah blah blah.

It was in WMU 2-6, however very close to the border of 2-7. Wolf is open. :up:

Oh...so you know better than the CO who is investigating it? The one who said it was on 2.6 where wolf kill is NOT allowed. Close doesn't count.

And your supposition that would hunting is legal everywhere on crown land is still correct?

Yeah, I know.....blah blah blah.....maybe study up on your hobby a bit more :up:
You and 71 others Like this post
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I haven't heard the conservation officer state exactly where the shooting took place - is there video? News reports get info wrong.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Kelowner
Fledgling

Post by Kelowner »

Again, wolves are open where he was hunting.

Not my quote, but from hunters local to the area.

With all the comments, how come no one mentions the fact that she had walked into a closed rock quarry, deliberately around a closed gate? I know this because my buddy runs the quarry and was driving rock truck that day up and down and dumping near the bottom for the rocks to picked up. He has had a few run in with her and her dogs. He has explained numerous times to her it was private, unsafe and not to be in there walking her dogs as it's his lease, his gate. She always bitched about it being crown land blah blah and constantly defied him.

She had been told to stay out of the area and refused to do so. I know that doesn't justify her dog being killed in anyway but, shows to the recklessness this person is know for. I live very close to her operation and see her lots while I'm out walking my dog. If you could see what she calls dog care or walking services you'd be appalled. I've seen her walking down the road, not the shoulder, the road, with 5-6+ dogs on leashes all tied to her waist.

Why would we trust the accounts of this lady that change 3 times depending on who she was interviewed by? I don't know about you but I don't trust cultists. Enjoy.

"Valeria is a Level VI member of the Global Information Network, a Professional Public Speaker, a published author, a student of Budo and a Life Coach to those who are ready to embrace the path of Self-Mastery."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

http://scamxposer.com/scam-review/globa ... n-network/

This woman is no hero, she has an agenda. She's had many negative run ins with outdoorsman in the area. I don't care about Valeria, but I feel bad for her dog.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Kelowner wrote:Again, wolves are open where he was hunting.

Not my quote, but from hunters local to the area.

With all the comments, how come no one mentions the fact that she had walked into a closed rock quarry, deliberately around a closed gate? I know this because my buddy runs the quarry and was driving rock truck that day up and down and dumping near the bottom for the rocks to picked up. He has had a few run in with her and her dogs. He has explained numerous times to her it was private, unsafe and not to be in there walking her dogs as it's his lease, his gate. She always bitched about it being crown land blah blah and constantly defied him.

She had been told to stay out of the area and refused to do so. I know that doesn't justify her dog being killed in anyway but, shows to the recklessness this person is know for. I live very close to her operation and see her lots while I'm out walking my dog. If you could see what she calls dog care or walking services you'd be appalled. I've seen her walking down the road, not the shoulder, the road, with 5-6+ dogs on leashes all tied to her waist.

Why would we trust the accounts of this lady that change 3 times depending on who she was interviewed by? I don't know about you but I don't trust cultists. Enjoy.

"Valeria is a Level VI member of the Global Information Network, a Professional Public Speaker, a published author, a student of Budo and a Life Coach to those who are ready to embrace the path of Self-Mastery."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

http://scamxposer.com/scam-review/globa ... n-network/

This woman is no hero, she has an agenda. She's had many negative run ins with outdoorsman in the area. I don't care about Valeria, but I feel bad for her dog.

Well, then it is settled.....you know a guy who knows a guy who says it was in 2.6 so the named CO who specifically said it was in 2.7 and wolf kill is not allowed there must be wrong.

Whew, glad we got that all sorted out.
:135:
As for the dog owner, who gives a rats buttock? The hunter acted incorrectly. Period.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Fancy wrote:I haven't heard the conservation officer state exactly where the shooting took place - is there video? News reports get info wrong.

Well, there is a direct quote from a named CO......but if you only trust video, I guess you'll have to hunt it down. I'm willing to take the quote as accurate unless proven otherwise. Your mileage may vary.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I asked if there was video because quotes aren't always accurate. Would love to hear from the conservation officer in an interview but I suppose that's not available.
Kelowner
Fledgling

Post by Kelowner »

LANDM wrote:I'm willing to take the quote as accurate unless proven otherwise.

Funny how that works for you, but not for me.
Yeah I won't take the word of a confirmed cult member with an agenda. [icon_lol2.gif]

The fact that the hunter has not been charged is proof enough that he actually didn't do anything wrong. Not sure why that is so hard for you to understand.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Kelowner wrote:

Yeah I won't take the word of a confirmed cult member with an agenda. [icon_lol2.gif]

The fact that the hunter has not been charged is proof enough that he actually didn't do anything wrong. Not sure why that is so hard for you to understand.

A Conservation Officer is a cult member? It's his job.
As a claimed hunter, you are starting to look further and further away from your claims of being knowledgeable.

Try reading the article......it may clear things up for you. The CO is named and quoted. I'm not saying that "I heard that someone said this"......I gave the quote and the link.

And, as a side note, I may very well own as many hunting firearms as you do. Not sure and don't care, but I own "a few".....I can't say if I've been using them as long or longer than you, but I can say, with confidence, that you aren't the only one who is qualified to hunt, use firearms, and do both safely.....for many, many decades.

I'm just not blinded by the things you apparently are. I also don't consider anyone who thinks the hunter was wrong, to be a "leaf licking hippie" or whatever unusual name you applied.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Kelowner wrote:

you cant charge anyone with a crime until its committed;; in this case if stupidity was a crime the guy would be charged
unfortunealy doing something wrong is also not a crime and although he definitely did a lot wrong again its not a chargeable offense otherwise he would have also been charged twice one for being wrong and one for being stupid
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Kelowner wrote:The fact that the hunter has not been charged is proof enough that he actually didn't do anything wrong. Not sure why that is so hard for you to understand.

Hmmm - you might want to rethink that. Charges aren't instantaneous in this case as it is evident there is an ongoing investigation. It is possible the hunter will be charged with an offence but then again that remains to be seen once the investigation is completed. No one wins and everyone loses in this situation which is more than unfortunate.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Looking on the hunterbc.ca forum site, since we are taking words of guys who know guys, there are the following quotes:

- Re: Rough news out of Squamish... dog shot.
Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
yes, was misleading the way the media printed the story...the incident occurred on the east side of highway 99, MU 2-7
Is this 100% confirmed ?

- Re: Rough news out of Squamish... dog shot.
yes, I emailed and requested clarification from the CO office

- “Popjes wouldn't say whether the man had mistaken the dog for another animal, but said it is legal hunting season on Crown land for mule deer and black bears. Wolves are also in season in parts of the surrounding area, but not where the shooting took place, according to conservation officers.”

- The problem being if it was on the west side Lucille lake wolf would be open and if he was on the east side wolf is closed.
yes, was misleading the way the media printed the story...the incident occurred on the east side of highway 99, MU 2-7

- Bingo, this is close to what happened. I know the hunter, spoke to him the day after the event. I will not comment on what little he said but the above scenario is a very good place to start. He was in 2-7 though so he ****ed up thinking he was getting a chance at a wolf.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I read that too. Keep in mind these guys can embellish and before throwing this particular hunter under the bus also note he has manned up and cooperating. Yes, chances are he will be punished but this wasn't malicious.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Yeah, but I don't see much of a point of embellishing a simple location for the offence......especially when it agrees with what two CO's are saying.....and it's kind of their job, not withstanding a poster implying they are part of a "cult".

It is necessary to correct a person when they say "Listen up you leaf licking hippies. Here are some facts for you, that means no room for debate or discussion because facts!"......and it turns out that most of what they say are not facts. :smt045

But, I guess it can be viewed as a "good try" if one simply states that everything they say is right and there is no room for discussion because everyone else are "hippies". :biggrin:

Return to “B.C.”