Breastfeeding to fight stigma

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
LolaB

Breastfeeding to fight stigma

Post by LolaB »

Yes, do breastfeed in public but NO do not expose your breasts to the others....Have self respect and decency. People in Europe do it publicly but you won't see any flesh unless you are at the nude beach :)
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Breastfeeding to fight stigma

Post by GordonH »

Its totally natural, so get over it already.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Probably the least sexual thing one could witness....makes me wanna hurl but I am not saying I have anything against it.
Sure do love Rutland!!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

LolaB wrote:Yes, do breastfeed in public but NO do not expose your breasts to the others....Have self respect and decency. People in Europe do it publicly but you won't see any flesh unless you are at the nude beach :)

Suck it up buttercup. The issue lies with you, not a Mama feeding her baby. It's perfectly respectful and decent to feed your child in public.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

phasyluck wrote:Probably the least sexual thing one could witness....makes me wanna hurl but I am not saying I have anything against it.

A baby feeding naturally makes you want to hurl? :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

poopy diapers are completely natural to and i can tell ya from experience you don't want someone changing there little trophies diaper in a restaurant at the table next to you. just saying
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You added something completely unrelated though LTD.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

youre right and while I have no problem with breast feeding I don't feel its appropriate at a table next to me in a restaurant that has also happened to me and much like the crappy diaper theres a time and place, unfortunately in the me me and me only society we now live in people tend to have no respect for those around them.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Good god, people will make a big fuss over anything these days. You'd think there's Gestapo police roaming the streets and jailing anybody who breastfeeds in public to support such movement. We must stand united! We must resist! We must protest by showing our breasts to everybody and rubbing it in their faces to make a point!

Nobody wants to co-exist anymore. Everybody wants to have everything their way, and anytime somebody says "Hey, maybe there's a different way" we must stage a protest and go completely out until we pummel people into submission.

I'm all up for breastfeeding in public. It is natural, it's needed, get over it. But I'm very against the breastfeeding warriors who are behind these events.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Interesting how some people just can't seem to mind there own damn business, if child is hungry the child is hungry.
Of course if you prefer having crying child instead, that to would be something people b :cuss: & complain about as well.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

LTD wrote:youre right and while I have no problem with breast feeding I don't feel its appropriate at a table next to me in a restaurant that has also happened to me and much like the crappy diaper theres a time and place, unfortunately in the me me and me only society we now live in people tend to have no respect for those around them.

I would be very vocal to a parent changing a poop-filled diaper at a dining table next to me - that's what bathrooms were invented for. Breast feeding - I could care less if there were 10 moms and their infants doing so at the next table. Completely different context.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

believe me something was said however I also do not need to see some ones saggy boob while I'm having dinner and once again it simply comes down to respect something severely lacking in people these days as I said theres a time and place for it
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Dude if it's covered with a blanket who cares.
One thing I have noticed that when my daughter was born it was born there was a stigma if you didn't breast feed regardless of medical or mental condition. Some nurses and lactation consultants were brutal in the hospital.
Four years later this year my sons were born and it was a completely different story. Everyone was as long as the baby is being fed, that's what is important.
I think there was a huge backlash against the breast Nazis as women were feeling ashamed and depressed. The woman in Vancouver committed suicide and one of the reasons given was her depression because of her inability to breastfeed. I'm glad it seems more balanced now.
sillykitty

Post by sillykitty »

Was telling my husband, I wonder if men can show solidarity to females breastfeeding by exposing their baby-makers. Whenever they see a group of women breastfeeding, men can whip it out and stroke, stroke, stroke in solidarity! Or is that a double standard??
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

sillykitty wrote:Was telling my husband, I wonder if men can show solidarity to females breastfeeding by exposing their baby-makers. Whenever they see a group of women breastfeeding, men can whip it out and stroke, stroke, stroke in solidarity! Or is that a double standard??

Uh, if you're suggesting men do what I think you're suggesting - it's not a double standard - it's more like apples to oranges (or should that be bananas to melons). Pretty hard to show solidarity while sitting in a cell after being charged with lewd and lascivious conduct/indecent exposure - among other things.

Return to “Social Concerns”