No We Don't Colin (need a bigger mall)

Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: No We Don't Colin (need a bigger mall)

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Thanks. :up:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Queen K - appears you were right to start with.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

I'd say with both Sears locations in OPM closing they'll have a sizeable square footage to get leased out, and it seems to me large anchor tenants are getting harder and harder to come by.

I'm guessing they'll likely remodel the Home store and make it into smaller spaces, which in essence means less need for another mall.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Once sears vacates, the area will have to undergo serious remodelling to remove stained tiles, worn lino, and all the ugly in general. Liquidation sales going on, I bet their pricing still won’t be much different better than the Bay, and others who will reduce their prices to match.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Old Techie wrote:I'd say with both Sears locations in OPM closing they'll have a sizeable square footage to get leased out, and it seems to me large anchor tenants are getting harder and harder to come by.

I'm guessing they'll likely remodel the Home store and make it into smaller spaces, which in essence means less need for another mall.

I agree - fill the malls that have empty spaces first before contemplating building another one.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
UhHuhYeahSure
Board Meister

Post by UhHuhYeahSure »

People! Please. Give your fuggin heads a shake!

Kelowna is so over retailed you have to have the IQ of a shoes and a personality as shallow as a dime to think the subject of a mall is worthy of any discussion.

Oh crap. I just got involved in the discussion of a mall.
Everything I say to you is a lie. And that's the truth. Except this time.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Well, I guess that will make the "too lazy to leave the comfort of their own home" happy........knock yourselves out with your online shopping. Nobody, but nobody came close to the prices on appliances we got from Sears when building a new house here. Trail.........ripoff.........Coast........to stupid to care!
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

UhHuhYeahSure wrote:People! Please. Give your fuggin heads a shake!

Kelowna is so over retailed you have to have the IQ of a shoes and a personality as shallow as a dime to think the subject of a mall is worthy of any discussion.

Oh crap. I just got involved in the discussion of a mall.

When it comes to retail, it’s almost never about the need or lack thereof. Large retailers leverage losses with the hopes of making gains in other areas. Just read the debacle that occurred with the Toys R Us bankruptcy.

So maybe tone down your IQ of a shoes commentary, since you yourself don’t appear to actually know or understand retail or big business that well. :D
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Also the retail industry here services huge areas of BC where they are severely under retailed. Until on-line shopping and delivery became mainstream. There is a lag factor.

When I went to OP years ago, my cousin from Grand Forks knew more people than I did.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

lesliepaul wrote:Well, I guess that will make the "too lazy to leave the comfort of their own home" happy........knock yourselves out with your online shopping. Nobody, but nobody came close to the prices on appliances we got from Sears when building a new house here. Trail.........ripoff.........Coast........to stupid to care!

I really really urge people to read this. So true.

Sears RIP. Bad news for consumers.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

I also received the best prices on appliances from Sears when building in 2011. However, built a house in 2015 and Sears was the worst for prices. Maybe that was a sign of things to come? City furniture was best.
Funny because Sears virtually invented "online" shopping with the Sears catalogue. We would circle what we wanted at Christmas and they would deliver it to store. Same as amazon, basically.
Amazes me that Sears never developed a better online presence?
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

jasond_71 wrote:I also received the best prices on appliances from Sears when building in 2011. However, built a house in 2015 and Sears was the worst for prices. Maybe that was a sign of things to come? City furniture was best.
Funny because Sears virtually invented "online" shopping with the Sears catalogue. We would circle what we wanted at Christmas and they would deliver it to store. Same as amazon, basically.
Amazes me that Sears never developed a better online presence?

I really really urge people to read this. So true.

Sears = good riddance. Good news for consumers.
Your bias suits you.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Mall owners will want new renters for those 2 large areas, wonder who that could be.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Value Village and an Amazon pick up location my guess.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Are we having a bet?
I think these two large locations will be boarded up for a few years, like downtown woolco. Homeless will walk by and pee on them. Then after no bites, they will be partitioned in to tiny shops which will collectively earn owners more rent.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “Central Okanagan”