Bombardier vs Boeing

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Bombardier vs Boeing

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:and yet you would support a american company doing same thing ?

Who is saying that? Why can't you just answer the question?

or the oil sands ?

What?????
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:and yet you would support a american company doing same thing ?

Who is saying that? Why can't you just answer the question?

or the oil sands ?

What?????

The ills of the world have been visited upon us by big government that repeatedly involves itself in what should be private companies. No good ever comes of it. As we have seen over and over again, once a government is involved either financially or in policy making for what should be private enterprise, you can be assured you are on the road to a major clusterduck. Bombardier and ICBC are just cases to highlight my point. There are many more as you well know. (Salmon, orcas, damns...the promises made all turn to lies. Damned lies that then turn into whitewashing, handwringing and coverups. How many examples do you need before you realize that "before an election, they are at your feet. After elected, at your throat" (M.Twain).

I know this will make no difference to many out there, but believe me, the more requests you make of government, the more delighted they are. Empire building through creating huge, cumbersome bureaucracies is something they are only TOO willing to participate in, with your blessing. Too late you realize that the tail now wags the dog. You just keep eating it up, all of you who love big government. You give up your freedoms for a mess of potage.

My opinion applies in Canada, USA, or any other country (not that we have any choice what goes on beyond our borders).

As I have said many times before, it doesn't matter what political party of the moment is at our jugulars and wallets, they serve themselves and not the electorate.

If they did, they would have cut Bombardier loose a helluva long time ago.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Nice try Boeing, but the competition isn't going anywhere ...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bombard ... -1.4357567

... bye, bye tariffs.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Dizzy1 wrote:Nice try Boeing, but the competition isn't going anywhere ...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bombard ... -1.4357567

... bye, bye tariffs.

Told numerous sceptics months ago when Boeing started this B.S. about Bombardier..................."Airbus is sitting in the wings watching Boeing go about being a petulant child..........something is going to happen between Airbus and Bombardier".
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Holy smokes, Bombardier made a deal with Airbus so some of their planes will be built in the US, effectively circumventing the tariffs being imposed. Take that Boeing. Only thing I'm wondering is how does this affect jobs in Canada?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

The CSeries headquarters and main assembly line will remain in the Montreal area, but a second production line for the 100- to 150-seat plane will be set up at Airbus's facility in Alabama to meet demand from U.S. customers and avoid duties.

Airbus has promised to maintain 100 per cent of those employed Mirabel, Que., and to keep production at the Mirabel plant, where production will be ramped up far beyond its current rate.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/airbus-s ... -1.3634867
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

techrtr wrote:Holy smokes, Bombardier made a deal with Airbus so some of their planes will be built in the US, effectively circumventing the tariffs being imposed. Take that Boeing. Only thing I'm wondering is how does this affect jobs in Canada?

This isn't just a deal...Bombardier sold 50.01% of itself to Airbus. Airbus has majority control of the company, but assumes none of the debt. How long before Canadian taxpayers send money to France to convince them to keep R&D and/or manufacturing in Canada? No longer a subsidy, but a bribe.

Under the agreement, Airbus said it will take a 50.01-per-cent interest in the C Series limited partnership for no cash consideration as the C Series becomes part of Airbus's aircraft product lineup. In exchange, it will offer Bombardier's 100- to 150-seat plane its global procurement, sales and marketing and customer support expertise. Bombardier's stake will be 31 per cent and Quebec will own about 19 per cent when the deal is finalized

No cash is changing hands in the deal and the C Series partnership assumes no debt as part of the transaction, the partners said. All of Bombardier's current C Series final assembly in Mirabel, Que., will remain and Airbus has pledged to set up additional factory space for the C Series at an existing Airbus facility in Mobile, Ala.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report ... e36610340/
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

So, the fallout reveals that Bombardier is still fastened firmly to Canada's financial teat .
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Catsumi wrote:So, the fallout reveals that Bombardier is still fastened firmly to Canada's financial teat .

and you still support a american company over a canadian one. did you move to fla ?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

maryjane48 wrote:
Catsumi wrote:So, the fallout reveals that Bombardier is still fastened firmly to Canada's financial teat .

and you still support a american company over a canadian one. did you move to fla ?

What did I ever say in support of ANY company? Move to fla. ????

Please, take your meds. Soon

Unknown
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Catsumi wrote:REMOVED.

Mods. The last post was my LAST post but had to hit "submit" button several times before it registered. You removed a duplicate not a "verboten" post.

Unknown
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

And now Bombardier is selling its Q400 program to China.

Which basically limits production in Canada to business jets.

Goodbye jobs, goodbye Canadian-made industry. Another descend into world of part-time service jobs while shipping jobs overseas.

http://www.fliegerfaust.com/q400-sold-t ... 91746.html
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I seriously hope Westjet and Air Canada never purchase another Boeing airliner.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Omnitheo wrote:I seriously hope Westjet and Air Canada never purchase another Boeing airliner.

I seriously hope they purchase the aircraft that best suits their needs as a business and not base their purchases on emotional responses from people who don't understand the dynamics of the airline industry and the differences in operational performance between a B737 and A320.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Omnitheo wrote:I seriously hope Westjet and Air Canada never purchase another Boeing airliner.

Dizzy1 wrote:I seriously hope they purchase the aircraft that best suits their needs as a business and not base their purchases on emotional responses from people who don't understand the dynamics of the airline industry and the differences in operational performance between a B737 and A320.

It all boils down to getting biggest bang for best price.... & who will get it to them on or before time.

Added: most likely who's willing to grease the right palms, most likely helps.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Canada”