Flaggers needs manners

my5cents
Guru

Re: Flaggers needs manners

Post by my5cents »

Gixxer wrote:Thats right if the construction speed limit signs are up they are enforced 24 hours a day 7 days a week regradless if there are workers on site.

I'm not disputing that a legitimate construction area, where, perhaps there is machinery nearby, the road under repair, with likely a temporary surface in place to allow for traffic to continue to flow, with construction speed signs in place is certainly in force 24/7 whether there are anyone present or not.

What I was referring to is a location where the construction was, for example, ditch maintenance. The work has been completed, there is no equipment on site, no sign of any unfinished construction. Just a speed sign being left.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

my5cents wrote:What I was referring to is a location where the construction was, for example, ditch maintenance. The work has been completed, there is no equipment on site, no sign of any unfinished construction. Just a speed sign being left.

I have seen this alot lately. A sign on the Hwy saying construction ahead or flagger ahead and then there is nothing.

Where did they go? Were they beamed up by Aliens or what?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

my5cents wrote:What I was referring to is a location where the construction was, for example, ditch maintenance. The work has been completed, there is no equipment on site, no sign of any unfinished construction. Just a speed sign being left.

Bsuds wrote:I have seen this alot lately. A sign on the Hwy saying construction ahead or flagger ahead and then there is nothing.
Where did they go? Were they beamed up by Aliens or what?

I have witnessed the same thing, they shut down a lane of highway 6 a week back for.....nothing until the next day.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i wasnt aware flaggers were bad mannered . [icon_lol2.gif]
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:i wasnt aware flaggers were bad mannered . [icon_lol2.gif]

Threatening to smash someone's phone pretty much guarantees she's never read Emily Post.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

awww poor baby the mean flagger lady threaten to smash his phone.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Gixxer wrote:awww poor baby the mean flagger lady threaten to smash his phone.
Poor response to someone trying to alert of a potential hazard. It is never appropriate to threaten violence - very childish and dangerous. There was no "poor baby" here except maybe the flagger who's feelings apparently have been too hurt to listen to anyone trying to warn of wrong signage.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

As Ive stayed before Joe Public is very rude to TCP. From being called the c word, brain dead, and other choice words. An aggressive attitude would be expected when some guy is distributing the flow of traffic with a concern.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Gixxer wrote:As Ive stayed before Joe Public is very rude to TCP. .... An aggressive attitude would be expected when some guy is distributing the flow of traffic with a concern.
Poor flagger getting her feelings hurt and then takes it out on Joe Public trying to do the right thing and threatening violence to boot. Wrong attitude and wrong job if they can't handle it.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Who said anything about the TCP person feelings being hurt? When constantly verbally abused by Joe Public you really cant expect them to be kind and courtesy all the time. To the TCP in this situation in their eyes it was probably another *bleep* with a crappy opinion they didnt need to hear.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Dashcams are your best defense.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Gixxer wrote:Who said anything about the TCP person feelings being hurt?
Why else be aggressive?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Gixxer wrote: When constantly verbally abused by Joe Public you really cant expect them to be kind and courtesy all the time.
Yes you can and yes they should refrain from expressing violent behaviour.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Gixxer wrote:WTo the TCP in this situation in their eyes it was probably another *bleep* with a crappy opinion they didnt need to hear.

Speculation however the driver wasn't expressing a "crappy opinion" but was trying to present facts. The second flagger didn't hesitate and expressed a gratitude for the information.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

TCP dont have time to listen to Joe Public. Their job is to keep traffic moving. Who knows the exact circumstances in this. Maybe hurt feelings guy was in the middle of the line up and stopped the flow of traffic to voice his concerns.

Return to “North Okanagan”