Freedom's Door 50 bed facility at Rutland & McCurdy Rd

wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Freedom's Door 50 bed facility at Rutland & McCurdy Rd

Post by wanderer »

Fancy wrote:Nope - went by google maps. Thanks. Should have known it was out of date. So no grocery store at all at 33 and Rutland Road?

There is a grocery store, but it is hardly and easy walk especially if someone is carrying something. Many many blocks.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Probably half hour walk and I see people walk that distance carrying a few groceries. It's doable. Or take a bus.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Fancy wrote:Should have known it was out of date. So no grocery store at all at 33 and Rutland Road?

There's Save on Foods there, I'd say 20-minute walk or 5-minute bike ride. There's a number of convenience stores nearby.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

And there's probably a barber shop, bank etc. nearby. Are the same amenities in Kettle Valley? I don't live there either.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Fancy wrote:And there's probably a barber shop, bank etc. nearby etc. Are the same amenities in Kettle Valley? I don't live there either.

The closest grocery store to Kettle Valley is Sunshine market. Down the hill. Probably a good hour walk. Closest bank is god knows where.

Although they do have a great pizza place.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

put the place in lower mission where it belongs or downtown core, why not on leon ave
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#210779 just like some of us have already said ,drug dealers will all over that area after it opens,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

City Council would just argue this is a clinic which is different than Freedom's Door.
waynetyea
Fledgling

Post by waynetyea »

you will see outside the place a giant rack of 1000 dollar freshly stolen bikes. so they dont have to walk around
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Any news on the progress of Freedom's Door? :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

Some of these comments make me sick. Don't think you are so high & mighty that you can judge others who struggle with addictions, be thankful if you don't have a problem. The idea of Freedom's Door or any other treatment centre is to help people recover & move ahead with their lives.

Addictions affect people from every walk of life & those that want help should be able to receive it.

To make statements that Freedom's Door will be full of stolen bikes & that drug dealers will just be waiting outside is just total BS. If you have a better solution step right up ? Oh & please don't mention putting them into jail as the answer
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

NO ITS NOT,it is what it is a fact, that's what they do,
2x4eyes

Post by 2x4eyes »

One Wheel' - I both agree and applaud your comments in the post above.

It is quite clear that some have absolutely no empathy and very little/no understanding of addiction and the struggles faced by the individuals/their families...They likely also don't care and won't care unless they happened to be directly affected either...
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

i used to have empathy.now i just have empathy for the families.i have watched so many people become addicts and live a life of misery.in the end it is easier for them to stay addicts than to do anything or make any changes in their behavior so i can not feel sorry for them.i know 2 people who went thru freedoms door and got clean.both had about a year under their belts sober or soberish.both smoke crack now and one does meth and fentynal.some addicts just want to be addicts.they allways will be.they could go thru treatment 100x and still fall down 101x.i feel bad for the people wasting their time trying to help the fall down losers with no heart to change their situation.i feel bad for their parents and children.i do not feel bad for the guy with a needle sticking out of his arm
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

exactly..............sad but true

Return to “Central Okanagan”