BikeWays Quality Used Bike Shop coming to West Kelowna?

forumdoug
Übergod

BikeWays Quality Used Bike Shop coming to West Kelowna?

Post by forumdoug »

In the City of West Kelowna's prepared Permissive Tax Exemptions document this year, it lists a new applicant: Pathways Abilities Society (many years ago known as the Kelowna and District Society for Community Living). Its now listed as the registered owner of the civic address 2476 Main St, West Kelowna, BC which is, according to Google Street View, the former Wyatt Auto Parts Plus location prior to their move and, more recently, the BC Liberal Campaign Office for former MLA Christy Clark, whose campaign renovated the premises nicely. The property was on the market and it appears to have found its buyer in Pathways Abilities Society. This will remove the property from the commercial property tax rolls but it's purpose is a good one. :)

I suspect this means they're looking to bring a BikeWays Quality Used Bike Shop, which repairs and resells unclaimed stolen bikes as well as used bikes donated to their cause, that is patterned after their apparently successfully Kelowna shop previously located on Bertram St and now relocated into the former offices of Stutters Construction Renovations on St. Paul St.

With Retro Thrift Store at next door 2474 Main St closing down on Oct. 31st this month (and continuing via their Facebook page and self storage unit(s), according to Castanet's Trevor Nicholls in an Okanagan Edge story recently), hopefully that adjacent building will be renovated and, possibly, sold or released to another non-profit (perhaps it could make a good location for Bibles for Missions Thrift Store to open a West Kelowna location and apply for a permission tax exemption next year? :)). Alternatively, it could also be an ideal volunteer-run coffee shop/bistro and day use lounge/warming centre by West Kelowna's homeless residents, perhaps operated by a separate society formed from Emmanuel Assembly. Two ideal uses for rather tired looking buildings! :)

Cheers,
Doug
lightspeed
Guru

Re: BikeWays Quality Used Bike Shop coming to West Kelowna?

Post by lightspeed »

forumdoug wrote:In the City of West Kelowna's prepared Permissive Tax Exemptions document this year, it lists a new applicant: Pathways Abilities Society (many years ago known as the Kelowna and District Society for Community Living). Its now listed as the registered owner of the civic address 2476 Main St, West Kelowna, BC which is, according to Google Street View, the former Wyatt Auto Parts Plus location prior to their move and, more recently, the BC Liberal Campaign Office for former MLA Christy Clark, whose campaign renovated the premises nicely. The property was on the market and it appears to have found its buyer in Pathways Abilities Society. This will remove the property from the commercial property tax rolls but it's purpose is a good one. :)

I suspect this means they're looking to bring a BikeWays Quality Used Bike Shop, which repairs and resells unclaimed stolen bikes as well as used bikes donated to their cause, that is patterned after their apparently successfully Kelowna shop previously located on Bertram St and now relocated into the former offices of Stutters Construction Renovations on St. Paul St.

With Retro Thrift Store at next door 2474 Main St closing down on Oct. 31st this month (and continuing via their Facebook page and self storage unit(s), according to Castanet's Trevor Nicholls in an Okanagan Edge story recently), hopefully that adjacent building will be renovated and, possibly, sold or released to another non-profit (perhaps it could make a good location for Bibles for Missions Thrift Store to open a West Kelowna location and apply for a permission tax exemption next year? :)). Alternatively, it could also be an ideal volunteer-run coffee shop/bistro and day use lounge/warming centre by West Kelowna's homeless residents, perhaps operated by a separate society formed from Emmanuel Assembly. Two ideal uses for rather tired looking buildings! :)

Cheers,
Doug

How many bicycle stores can WK support? Are they trying to undermine the two existing ones?
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
forumdoug
Übergod

Re: BikeWays Quality Used Bike Shop coming to West Kelowna?

Post by forumdoug »

lightspeed wrote:How many bicycle stores can WK support? Are they trying to undermine the two existing ones?

It's a fair point but I think the serve separate clientele (i.e., those looking for economical, casual recreational bikes might look to BikeWays or to either of the bicycle departments of Canadian Tire or Wal-Mart whereas Sovereign Cycle and Outbound Cycle {assuming those are the two you meant} might be serving more performance-, racing- and commuter-oriented clientele).

Also, I don't know for sure that it's a BikeWays Quality Used Bike Shop but, if not, what else would Pathways Abilities Society be bringing to West Kelowna?

Cheers,
Doug

Return to “Central Okanagan”