Pro life protest

lynnz

Pro life protest

Post by lynnz »

Ok,I don't usually add my 2 cents but AGAIN, I can't help myself. I have confronted some of these self rigthous individuals,mostly or maybe all religious in mind set, asking them are they going to personally support and care for all these unwanted babies. Do they understand that,thou shall not judge. One mentioned that these children find homes...my response to that was' Are you kidding me' There are million of children that are living in poverty conditions collectively, on the streets, in settlements,foster care situations and shelters. My biggest rant with these self righteous individuals that they don't even realize that they are the biggest hypercrites of all. While condemning women for ending a pregnancy,whether from rape, valid or lack of birth control, deformities or health concerns for the mother....they plop themselves down at the dinner table each day and indulge themselves on a steak dinner. Do they think for one minute that that is any better than ending the development of human flesh. Have they ever viewed a video on slaughter houses. Well,I welcome you to watch a few. Start with 'Earthling'. You can find it on YouTube. Do you think you are superior...tell that to the little animal that is getting its neck slit open or a pig being boiled alive to remove the hair or the young cow that is getting her skin removed while she is still alive so the leather is more soft...you know,the leather bag you carry around your neck each day or the shoes you are wearing. I'm my eyes,all living creatures are equal. ..
Last edited by lynnz on Oct 17th, 2017, 7:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: Pro life protest

Post by WalterWhite »

Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Last edited by Frisk on Nov 5th, 2017, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Ya that statement is a touch bizarre to say the least.^^
Sure do love Rutland!!
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Pre-Life Protests*

Call them what they really are.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Thebrewhouse
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Thebrewhouse »

If you don't like what someone is protesting... walk by... it is that simple. Bringing more attention to it strengthens their cause.
Last edited by Thebrewhouse on Oct 12th, 2017, 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Thebrewhouse wrote:If you don't like what someone is protesting... walk by... its tha simple. Bring more attention to it strengthens their cause.

No - apathy and complacency is exactly why things have gotten to the point they are now - placards of dead fetuses outside of schools - schools that actually have programs for teen mothers. Utter bull *bleep*.

Maybe everyone should just sit on their hands and allow the likes of the Westboro Baptist Church to come spew some of their wisdom while we're at it.
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

lynnz wrote:Ok,I don't usually add my 2 cents but AGAIN, I can't help myself. I have confronted some of these self rigthous individuals,mostly or maybe all religious in mind set, asking them are they going to personally support and care for all these unwanted babies. Do they understand that,thou shall not judge. One mentioned that these children find homes...my response to that was' Are you kidding me' There are million of children that are living in poverty conditions collectively, on the streets, in settlements,foster care situations and shelters. My biggest rant with these self righteous individuals that they don't even realize that they are the biggest hypercrites of all. While condemning women for ending a pregnancy,whether from rape, valid or lack of birth control, deformities or health concerns for the mother....they plop themselves down at the dinner table each day and gut themselves on a steak dinner. Do they think for one minute that that is any better than ending the development of human flesh. Have they ever viewed a video on slaughter houses. Well,I welcome you to watch a few. Start with 'Earthling'. You can find it on YouTube. Do you think you are superior...tell that to the little animal that is getting its neck slit open or a pig being boiled alive to remove the hair or the young cow that is getting her skin removed while she is still alive so the leather is more soft...you know,the leather bag you carry around your neck each day or the shoes you are wearing. I'm my eyes,all living creatures are equal. I'm a vegetarian and I also ending a pregnancy....yet I'm probably less responsible for killing than the majority of you. So next time you are out doing your little protest trying to guilt the pack...I didn't read 'thou shall not kill any human fetuses' anywhere

I think instead that these people are well meaning and simply believe in the sanctity of all human life and are just trying to stop the killing of the innocent. They have a right in Canada to protest what they think is wrong and should not be bullied and silenced and mocked. Unfortunately abortion is often used as a form of birth control. It does have a place certainly in certain circumstances as you stated. As we know, women do not get pregnant spontaneously. Both a female and a male human make a choice to perform an act that often results in procreation.
With the invention of the pill and the sexual revolution, the idea of having sex as a recreational past time became popular. Many men and women were very pleased with this. In the olden days, people wanted to have big families because many children died from various diseases. Mothers died too in childbirth. But those circumstances have changed for the most part.

So in other words, it must be shouted from the mountain tops that having sex is actually for procreation, not just for self satisfaction. Young people should be aware pregnancy might happen and that they will then face a life changing consequence. But are those consequences only negative? Now they can`t go to school, or do not think they are ready, etc,
There are positives. They will have a son or daughter that will accompany them throughout life. They will know the true meaning of love. Their son or daughter might go on to make a real positive difference to humanity. Of course they will struggle but everyone struggles in one way or the other. It makes us who and what we are. And there is help available.

Of course human nature being what it is means that many people often throw caution to the wind and act recklessly and irresponsibly and then get pregnant. Not just females but males too who are the other part of the equation. Sex is used to sell everything and our society promotes sex everywhere.

In the old days, woman could not get legal abortions and so had to turn to unscrupulous people to perform abortions. Nobody wants to return to those days. All these well meaning pro-life people want is for men and women to make a choice for life, not for death. They are not a threat to anyone and are just trying to help those who cannot fight for themselves. They are in fact, good and decent people appealing to other good and decent people. They should not be demonized and criticized for what they believe in.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

They should not be demonized and criticized for what they believe in.

Maybe it’s time to you and the demons holding up ghastly images in front of schools practice what you preach. What a pile of hypocritical hogwash.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

WalterWhite wrote:
Maybe it’s time to you and the demons holding up ghastly images in front of schools practice what you preach. What a pile of hypocritical hogwash.

Not everyone who feels abortion is wrong, and not everyone who protests on that point, does what you have described. We must be wary of using the worst possible example of something, to define it.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

"I can say from experience that were those options not available to me, my life would be much more difficult. If I had (gone through with the pregnancy), I wouldn't have been able to continue my schooling here. I would have been sent home," she added.

The group also protested in front of Kelowna Secondary School Wednesday afternoon.

School District Supt. Kevin Kaardal said he found it ironic they chose to set up their protest at a school with a young mother's program.

Kaardal said school administration at KSS reached out to the organizers with their concerns, but added they do have their right to get their message out.

Protesters are not permitted to breach school grounds.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#208927
Guess those protesters don't mind blood and gore shown to young teens and I think it's ironic too to protest at a school with the young mother's program.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Mark5 wrote:They have a right in Canada to protest what they think is wrong and should not be bullied and silenced and mocked.

Wait a sec. They have a right to protest what they thing is wrong. But the rest of us don't have the right to mock or challenge them? Wrong. They don't get some special rights above the rest of us.

Mark5 wrote:Unfortunately abortion is often used as a form of birth control.

Go on... please show your objective source. I admit, I live a somewhat sheltered life, but I don't know of anyone who has ever used abortion as a form of birth control. If they did, they don't tell people about it, so how is it that you know?
Has it been used as a form of birth control? I have no doubt. But does it happen often? I think you'd be hard pressed to make that point.

Mark5 wrote:It does have a place certainly in certain circumstances as you stated. As we know, women do not get pregnant spontaneously.

Interesting. My understanding is that most pro-lifers on the side of the road are with some Christian group. Isn't it written and taught that Mary's pregnancy was spontaneously? doesn't really matter I guess. Just seems like an odd statement to make.

Mark5 wrote:Both a female and a male human make a choice to perform an act that often results in procreation.

Often? Tell that to the many couples who try, for years, to have kids.

Mark5 wrote:With the invention of the pill and the sexual revolution, the idea of having sex as a recreational past time became popular. Many men and women were very pleased with this.

Ok? Who cares why people have sex in private? It's fun. It can be done safely now. Good for men and woman

Mark5 wrote:So in other words, it must be shouted from the mountain tops that having sex is actually for procreation, not just for self satisfaction.

Wait, why? Why should people deny themselves pleasure when it's between consenting adults, or on their own for that matter. Why should people stop having sex unless they're making kids? You haven't made that case; don't come to that conclusion.

Mark5 wrote:Young people should be aware pregnancy might happen and that they will then face a life changing consequence. But are those consequences only negative? Now they can`t go to school, or do not think they are ready, etc,

Ya, cause young people don't know pregnancy might happen? I guess this is insight to your argument; you are out of touch with reality.

Mark5 wrote:Of course human nature being what it is means that many people often throw caution to the wind and act recklessly and irresponsibly and then get pregnant. Not just females but males too who are the other part of the equation. Sex is used to sell everything and our society promotes sex everywhere.

oh how righteous. Do you know why humans have sex? because it feels good. It's fun. It's often a place of intimacy with a loving partner. Do you know why it's used to sell things? Because most people want sex, lots of it for the reasons I just gave you.
These are good things.

Mark5 wrote:In the old days, woman could not get legal abortions and so had to turn to unscrupulous people to perform abortions. Nobody wants to return to those days. All these well meaning pro-life people want is for men and women to make a choice for life, not for death. They are not a threat to anyone and are just trying to help those who cannot fight for themselves. They are in fact, good and decent people appealing to other good and decent people. They should not be demonized and criticized for what they believe in.

They are a threat to womans rights. They criticize and demonize woman who use abortion services. Why is it that you feel these pro lifers should be immune to the same treatment? They are the ones passing judgement on others.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

JayByrd wrote:
WalterWhite wrote:

Not everyone who feels abortion is wrong, and not everyone who protests on that point, does what you have described. We must be wary of using the worst possible example of something, to define it.

I didn’t say everyone - I specifically noted the poster of that quote and those protesting outside schools with the disturbing images.
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

Killing a developing human being is gruesome, unethical and not necessary.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

miss_sterious wrote:Killing a developing human being is gruesome, unethical and not necessary.

It is safe, ethical and very necessary for those who choose the procedure. You don't have to have an abortion. That's your choice. You also don't get a say on the choices other women make regarding their own bodies.
Last edited by JLives on Oct 13th, 2017, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “Central Okanagan”