Ipad not attaching photos

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Ipad not attaching photos

Post by Catsumi »

Geniuses, need help once again, if you will.

After two years of no problems attaching photos to emails, today I get "inline images" which shows a screen with diagonal striping.

Whats happened?

My user manual is of no help on this.

Many thanks in advance for the solution.

Catsumi
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Ipad not attaching photos

Post by Catsumi »

Well, I thought there would be a simple fix to this problem, but, apparently not. I see 128 of you have looked at this thread and no answers forthcoming either

Yesterday I spent 70 minutes engaged in AppleChat with a tech who also was defeated.

This morning, i got a call from a tech higher up the ladder, who spent 80 minutes without results

Tonite, after my apple id is unlocked, i will be getting another callback

Isn't technology a great time saver???

[icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

This site has many helpful items for Apple products
https://discussions.apple.com/welcome
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Thanks Gordon. I did go thru a number of discussions but started to go cross eyed.

When I get my callback tonite from a tech higher "up the ladder" I may be speaking with Bill Gates himself.

:biggrin:

Unknown
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Catsumi wrote:
When I get my callback tonite from a tech higher "up the ladder" I may be speaking with Bill Gates himself.

:biggrin:

I would doubt he knows much of anything about the IPad considering he has nothing to do with Macs. lol
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Suds, at this point in the dilemma, I don't care who it is.

Maybe the Big Guy himself can help me!

Tee hee. :130:

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Catsumi wrote:Suds, at this point in the dilemma, I don't care who it is.

Tee hee. :130:

Maybe contact Steve Wozniak lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

[quote="Catsumi"]Suds, at this point in the dilemma, I don't care who it is.

Tee hee. :130:[/quotI can help you...Buy a Samsung Tablet. :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Catsumi wrote:Isn't technology a great time saver???

[icon_lol2.gif]

It is when you don't break it. :runforlife:

Sorry I'm with Bsuds on this one, Samsung all the way.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I am just thrilled to bits that you fellas are having a free nights' cheap entertainment at Catsumi's expense!

Just spent ANOTHER two hours with tech, now waiting and waiting for icloud to backup. We both figure that will be an overnight job so we have scheduled a telephone meet again for the morrow.

Sleep well, sweet dreams, fair princes of Casternut

:admin:

Unknown
pmaria
Fledgling

Post by pmaria »

Interesting, I wonder how an iCloud backup is going to fix your issue. Unless you pay for extra iCloud storage, chances are your backup will be too big for your storage allowance. Backing up to your computer would be much faster. Id be interested in what the solution to your issue is.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

pmaria wrote:Interesting, I wonder how an iCloud backup is going to fix your issue. Unless you pay for extra iCloud storage, chances are your backup will be too big for your storage allowance. Backing up to your computer would be much faster. Id be interested in what the solution to your issue is.

See private message

Unknown
pmaria
Fledgling

Post by pmaria »

Catsumi wrote:

See private message

I'm not seeing one?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Will try again later...am on my way out the door....

Unknown
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Catsumi wrote:Geniuses, need help once again, if you will.

After two years of no problems attaching photos to emails sent from Yahoo, today I get "?" inside a blue box within a screen with diagonal striping.

Whats happened?

My user manual is of no help on this.

Many thanks in advance for the solution.

Catsumi

I am completely at my wits' end so am trying you folks once again.

Spent hours with Apple support fixing another issue and then they told me that this is a Yahoo problem.

Tried Yahoo community where others have found the same problem but no solution. Downloading a new Yahoo app isn't an option as I will probably lose all my addresses and all my folders, right?

I can send photos from my MAIL on ipad to myself at Yahoo, and from there to recipients but this is a roundabout way to do it. I would much rather send photos attached to emails as was the case before this glitch happened.

Has anyone else come across this problem and has a solution for me??

Thanks

And no, unfortunately, I cannot send from MAIL directly to recipients as my CONTACTS aren't tied to the MAIL app.

Unknown

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”