10 Reasons Flu Shots More Dangerous Than Flu

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Flu shot or not?

Post by gman313 »

preciosa wrote:Just curious about peoples opinion on getting a flu shot please...it seems less and less are getting it every year. I had a flu shot last year for the very first time in my life and a couple weeks after I got it I had an on going dry cough for three months and I guess I blame it on that injection??? I've never had a cough since and don't ever want it again...so just nervous to get the shot this year.

the flu shot did not cause your cough it is a separate virus. sigh. some people.

and why would you put question marks on, I guess I blame it on that injection??? are you asking us what we think you think?
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I've never had a flu shot, and can't remember the last time I got the flu (it was over 20 years ago, at least).

Some folks who get the shot seem to get side effects, others don't. And some folks who get the shot get the flu anyway, whereas others (like me) don't get the shot and still don't get the flu. So I'd say that there is little evidence (other than anecdotal) either way.

I know some doctors who never get the shot, so it's not just me who thinks that there's insufficient proof of its benefits. However anyone associated with the Public Health Department will tell you it's in your best interest to get it. So, at the end of the day, the final decision really is up to you.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I haven't had a cold or flu in many years, I contribute it to eating items vitamins & washing my hands before touching my face.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Unless one has an inherently weak immune system, or is very old or young, I see little reason to get one. Last time I got the flu (long ago), I simply ate more fresh fruit and vegetables and it went away quickly. Since I was young, developing a strong immune system without drugs was a priority.

Edit: I forgot a word.
Last edited by Ptolemy Soter on Oct 13th, 2017, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am... the law!
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Normally I wouldn't be bothered, but I have to get the flu shot for work.

With saying that, I am just getting over the flu. I haven't had the flu in forever, and it was horrible. I am also a healthy, able bodied young person and could barely function. I can see the importance of getting one depending on the situation.

ETA: I have not had my flu shot this year.
hail Satan y'all
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

One of the most pathetic things I ever saw was in a Chiliwack mall on "FLU SHOT DAY.' The people getting
the free shot all looked weak, and the women giving the free flu shots all looked kind of dumb. But I say
"knock yourself out" to any older person who wants to be "protected." Except do you protect yourself early
and get the flu shot in November, or do you take a chance and try protect yourself for later on in the year
and get your free flu shot in January????????????????? No one on earth knows the answer to that huge question.

But now they're saying kids should get flu shots. Little kids. And that's the thing that bothers me. No one really cares
how the shot affects old people long term, but for kids - they have their whole life ahead of them.

trust the flu shot manufacturer. They know what's happening with flu varieties this year.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

preciosa wrote:Just curious about peoples opinion on getting a flu shot please...it seems less and less are getting it every year. I had a flu shot last year for the very first time in my life and a couple weeks after I got it I had an on going dry cough for three months and I guess I blame it on that injection??? I've never had a cough since and don't ever want it again...so just nervous to get the shot this year.

This is very common.

People who experience a change, or take a medication, or eat or drink something different then attribute something that happens, to the change and not that fact that something just happened.

I knew an electrician, and frequently when he was in an office fixing a light, or whatever, invariably an electric office machine would suddenly quit and they would approach him, asking what he did to their "typewriter" (it's an old story).

One town, implemented fluoridation of the water. It was scheduled for midnight on a certain date. Several complaints came in the very morning of the start of fluoridation. This or that happened. It happened exactly coordinated with the date of implementation.

The town then advised the complainers, that they actually started the fluoridation of the water a week earlier than announced.

I, personally have elderly parents. I trust that the shots give some protection, some years better than others. If it might help me not spread the flue to one of them, it's worth my time to get the shot. The medical community says it helps. I take that assertion with more credibility than some talk show or Castanet poster.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
preciosa

Post by preciosa »

Thank you for all your input...I've decided 'not' to get the flu shot I won't ever get it again...It's nice in life that we all have own choice. :)
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

It's funny. if you ask one of those women who are applying the flu shots into people - if you ask
them what is in the flu shot, they can't answer. They don't know anything, I've found.

What is thimerosal?

Thimerosal is an ethyl mercury-based preservative used in vials that contain more than one dose of a vaccine (multi-dose vials) to prevent germs, bacteria and/or fungi from contaminating the vaccine.
Why are preservatives sometimes used in vaccines?

Preservatives are used to protect vaccines packaged in multi-dose vials. Each time a vaccine dose is drawn from a multi-dose vial, bacteria or fungi can enter the vial. Receiving a vaccine contaminated with bacteria or fungi can be dangerous. Preservatives are needed to prevent contamination of multi-dose vials each time individual doses are drawn.
Do flu vaccines contain thimerosal?

Flu vaccines in multi-dose vials contain thimerosal to safeguard against contamination of the vial.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/thimerosal.htm
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:It's funny. if you ask one of those women who are applying the flu shots into people - if you ask
them what is in the flu shot, they can't answer. They don't know anything, I've found.

I posted a link to information. Thimerosal is not in all flu shots.

Where did the graph come from Thinktank - more misinformation? It wasn't shown on the link you provided nor does the graph explain the differences between the mercury compounds.
Last edited by Fancy on Oct 13th, 2017, 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Thinktank wrote:It's funny. if you ask one of those women who are applying the flu shots into people - if you ask

...and a person administering a medicine or a vaccine would need to know this because ?

What has that got to do with anything ?

You are an ill-informed fear monger. Shame on you.

http://www.snopes.com/facebook-posts-wa ... -flu-shot/
Last edited by my5cents on Oct 13th, 2017, 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The graph doesn't come from the CDC site but appears it's from a blog - hardly reliable info.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Have to wonder if employers who force thier workers to get flu shots, are potentially setting themselves up for a class action suite if they're ever discovered to be harmful.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Who forces? Masks are available.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Poindexter wrote:Have to wonder if employers who force thier workers to get flu shots, are potentially setting themselves up for a class action suite if they're ever discovered to be harmful.

Ah, yes, it's flu shot time once again, and all the "sky is falling types" are massing around their little keyboards.

Return to “Health”