Dumb drivers

Home of the traffic rant.
my5cents
Guru

Re: Dumb drivers

Post by my5cents »

GordonH wrote:Should ICBC put a nice pretty bow on this person new ride.

Unfortunately I guess so.

Next year they won't sell own damage insurance for these high end vehicles, but this year they still were.

Crazy.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I wonder if he was stupid enough to not have collision on it. That would be perfect!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Unlikely. ICBC would give the owner, if they have the appropriate insurance, a fraction of the value of a new vehicle. I just went through it today( bought a new car) and one has an option ICBC offers, but through Lloyds, and for an extra fee one can get replacement insurance( top up from what ICBC gives you for your wreck) for a set number of years with corresponding premiums. Wipe your car out like the pic shows and if you have replacement through Lloyds then you get a new car from ICBC's payout and top up from Lloyds.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

seewood wrote:Unlikely. ICBC would give the owner, if they have the appropriate insurance, a fraction of the value of a new vehicle. I just went through it today( bought a new car) and one has an option ICBC offers, but through Lloyds, and for an extra fee one can get replacement insurance( top up from what ICBC gives you for your wreck) for a set number of years with corresponding premiums. Wipe your car out like the pic shows and if you have replacement through Lloyds then you get a new car from ICBC's payout and top up from Lloyds.

Since the owner can afford $200,000+ vehicle, I suspect he can also afford someone who will get him a vehicle replacement of equal value.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

GordonH wrote:
I have never been in or caused an vehicle accident.

That is great Gordon,
and a claim that my mom could have said until earlier today.
http://oliverdailynews.com/friday-rush- ... roll-over/
thankfully she is alright.

My point being, it only takes an instant, and it can happen to everyone.
Especially when they allow yahoos like that on the road.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I was at the viewpoint on the Richter pass around 4:40 on Tuesday.
Saw 3 or 4 of these high end cars swoop past in very close proximity to each other, like 2 or 3 lengths between them. I can see where that road could be a favorite for them.
Btw they twice reported that area as Old Richter Passage .. instead of Old Richter Pass.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Even Steven wrote:Nice car.

You missed "was a" in that statement ES.... [icon_lol2.gif]
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Since a lot of these high end cars would be coming here from either the coast or Alberta, and using mountain highways, most of them will be in violation as of tomorrow (Oct 1). I doubt any would have the required M&S or snowflakes on their tires. Set up roadblocks and get them off the roads, at least until next April. Tis one way to fix em.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/207874 ... me-is-back
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

seewood wrote:Unlikely. ICBC would give the owner, if they have the appropriate insurance, a fraction of the value of a new vehicle. I just went through it today( bought a new car) and one has an option ICBC offers, but through Lloyds, and for an extra fee one can get replacement insurance( top up from what ICBC gives you for your wreck) for a set number of years with corresponding premiums. Wipe your car out like the pic shows and if you have replacement through Lloyds then you get a new car from ICBC's payout and top up from Lloyds.

Many insurance companies, including ICBC, sell optional, replacement cost insurance, especially for vehicles that are one year old (like this one). Very common coverage for new and near new vehicles.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

For anyone that missed it amd want's to blame the Osoyoos track for this eventuality, the car owner was not a member. In fact, they suggested as much as the owner would have unlikely passed their required professional driving course. Further to that, they also have a policy that penalizes members for MVA incidents and can lead to banishment from the track for a year or outright loss of membership.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

twobits wrote:For anyone that missed it amd want's to blame the Osoyoos track for this eventuality, the car owner was not a member. In fact, they suggested as much as the owner would have unlikely passed their required professional driving course. Further to that, they also have a policy that penalizes members for MVA incidents and can lead to banishment from the track for a year or outright loss of membership.

Would love to see that policy and what it actually says. You did not have to pass ANY driving course to put your $40,000 into a membership.........believe me, half or more of the members would not have passed. NOW........Area 27 HAS a driving school in house to teach the members and guests the basics of getting around the track safely and in some cases quickly. Do not know for sure how accredited their "race" school is at this time but they have had some good names tied to the teaching part of it.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

lesliepaul wrote:Area 27 HAS a driving school in house to teach the members and guests the basics of getting around the track safely and in some cases quickly. Do not know for sure how accredited their "race" school is at this time but they have had some good names tied to the teaching part of it.

Saving my pennies for next spring. Going to have a crack at the 2.5 day driving school. ( Golf R)
I am not wealthy but I am rich
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

Those super cars are truly amazing, some of the wreaks it looks like nothing is left but the freaking ashtray and you walk away from it.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

JBX wrote:Those super cars are truly amazing, some of the wreaks it looks like nothing is left but the freaking ashtray and you walk away from it.

Yup, crumple engineering designed to absorb impact and spare the driver in the cockpit. ICBC hates these cars for that and they have finally done something about the premiums for these cars. A 20 km/hr fender bender in a Camry vs. a Lambo? 3k vs 30k.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

GordonH wrote:
I have never been in or caused an vehicle accident.

I could have made that claim until last evening. I nearly caused an accident and would have been a "dumb driver"!
I was turning right at red light. Car approaching on green had signal light on BUT came right through intersection. I did not wait for him to make turn before beginning to turn right. If we had collided, I would have been at fault.
And there would have gone my claim to no tickets or accidents...

However, I do not drive a $200,000 dollar car...and I wasn't speeding...but I still made a dumb move...
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”