Hunting season

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Hunting season

Post by Fancy »

Good for you!! Always awesome to get out in the back country whether one gets anything or not. Saw nothing legal yesterday but it was great to see some animals.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
wsho2

Post by wsho2 »

Hi all,
I passed my CORE and PAL a few weeks back. Total newbie, never hunted, never been on a hunting trip, don't have family who hunt. I'm just into this thing for a few reasons: 1) to get back to nature, 2) to eat meat that's healthier than you can get in a store, and 3) to learn some survival and wilderness skills.

If anyone is interested in taking along a rookie, I promise to be respectful of your hunt and helpful where I can be (with the caveat again that I don't really know what I'm doing!). Send me a DM if you'd like some company on your next trip!
Vulcanite

Re: Hunting 2017?

Post by Vulcanite »

Been out a few times with a hunting buddy and we have seen signs in various areas and I had one good chance but missed my shot. My buddy got his doe a couple weeks ago. Still looking for that elusive buck and maybe a moose. Would like to hook up with other hunters that have room for an extra hunter.
Vulcanite

Post by Vulcanite »

62silverado wrote:Any you archers know of a good site for selling archery gear locally, full package.
Thanks

Try huntingbc.ca they have a section for archery.
Sparki55
Guru

Re: Hunting 2017?

Post by Sparki55 »

Vulcanite wrote:Been out a few times with a hunting buddy and we have seen signs in various areas and I had one good chance but missed my shot. My buddy got his doe a couple weeks ago. Still looking for that elusive buck and maybe a moose. Would like to hook up with other hunters that have room for an extra hunter.

PM if you're interested, I'm going out for some exclusive bucks. :130:
wsho2

Post by wsho2 »

Vulcanite wrote:
62silverado wrote:Any you archers know of a good site for selling archery gear locally, full package.
Thanks

Try huntingbc.ca they have a section for archery.

Vulcanite - just tried to reply to you but apparently I'm "too new" to send private messages, ha! Send me your contact info by PM when you get a chance?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/215 ... ll-hunting

100 years old and still hunting deer. A freakin' amazing!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Reduced Mule Deer in the Okanagan? I would have thought they were all living in the trailer park on Casorso.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... -declining
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Valley bottom is full of deer (as my back yard attests), but they’ve been massacred in the bush. IMO, they need to do away with the any Buck season, give them a chance to get the big bucks back.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”