HA associate deported

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

HA associate deported

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#209487 nice to see a judge do the correct thing for once , :smt045

since when does the bccla try to help these guys out, disgusting,how many people did the drugs he help put on are streets did he kill, and now he is crying like a little b :cuss: ch, bye, bye little buddy
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: HA associate deported

Post by Bsuds »

It should be an automatic deportation for any non Canadian convicted of a serious crime!

No waiting just take them to an airport and on the next plane outta Dodge!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Bsuds wrote:It should be an automatic deportation for any non Canadian convicted of a serious crime!

No waiting just take them to an airport and on the next plane outta Dodge!

Only after the sentence is served.

Otherwise folks could commit crimes in Canada then just get a free ride home with no punishment.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

It may seem strange but I have mixed feelings about this.

I know this character is the architect of his own problems thus I'm not sympathetic, but on the other hand considering he's lived in Canada more than four decades, this strikes me as an example of shipping a problem off to someone else, simply because some form legally declaring him a citizen wasn't filled out.

Maybe in a way what I'm saying, is that after a certain amount of time, people living in any land should be citizens of said land automatically.

:132:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Hassel99 wrote:
Otherwise folks could commit crimes in Canada then just get a free ride home with no punishment.

Point taken but think of the money we would save.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Old Techie wrote:It may seem strange but I have mixed feelings about this.

I know this character is the architect of his own problems thus I'm not sympathetic, but on the other hand considering he's lived in Canada more than four decades, this strikes me as an example of shipping a problem off to someone else, simply because some form legally declaring him a citizen wasn't filled out.

Maybe in a way what I'm saying, is that after a certain amount of time, people living in any land should be citizens of said land automatically.

that being said, he put drugs on are kelowna streets , good chance these drugs killed a few people, so no he should not get to stay in canada
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
weedlover

Post by weedlover »

Send the crybaby home!How many people have lost loved ones to drugs sold by this creep or people like him. What a whiner!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

As I said I'm not coming from a head space of sympathy, but rather looking at it from the perspective of how fair is it to Britain to ship him off there to be their problem, when he's spent all his adult life in Canada?

Further to that remember we could wind up on the receiving end of such a move as well.

How would you feel if this was a Canadian citizen, who's lived all his adult life in Britain, and after getting caught for illegal activity they ship him to us?

Would you feel the same way, or would you have thoughts of why send him to us when he's been in your country forty years?

Just food for thought.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

they have a ha chapter in england he will be just fine,
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

It's not a simple matter of some form not being filled out, the citizenship application process is just that, a process. There's a very good chance that this criminal never pursued Canadian citizenship because he knew that he would be ineligible (because, you know, he's a criminal) and drawing attention to his PR status might end him up where he is now, with it being revoked. If anything, I think this case is a good illustration of why we should definitely not automatically confer citizenship on anyone based solely on how long they've lived here.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What if England refuses to take him? After all, he did grow up here and has no ties to England.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

No ties except being an English citizen.
Black Dogs Matter
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:What if England refuses to take him? After all, he did grow up here and has no ties to England.

Oops, damn he just fell out of the plane.... we will need to investigate how that happened. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Tfishwood

Post by Tfishwood »

He hasn’t served his time for those assaults yet !
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Catri wrote:

It's not a simple matter of some form not being filled out, the citizenship application process is just that, a process. There's a very good chance that this criminal never pursued Canadian citizenship because he knew that he would be ineligible (because, you know, he's a criminal) and drawing attention to his PR status might end him up where he is now, with it being revoked. If anything, I think this case is a good illustration of why we should definitely not automatically confer citizenship on anyone based solely on how long they've lived here.

Ummmmm.......... story stated that he's been in Canada since the age of ten years old.

At that age I doubt he was a criminal or ineligible, and I speak somewhat from experience, given that my parents were immigrants and when they became citizens, I as well was a part of that process at a young age of about eight, hence this could very well have been a case of neglecting to do the proper paperwork for a child.

What you've posted doesn't really fit this scenario as it's more a case of his parents being negligent.

Return to “Central Okanagan”