HA associate deported

Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: HA associate deported

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Fancy wrote:What if England refuses to take him? After all, he did grow up here and has no ties to England.

Wondered about that myself, but I have noted some other cases where someone without any ties to England at all was deported back there.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I was just thinking it's possible the UK will refuse him because of his criminal convictions and that is based on other countries refusing their own citizens that has been in the media lately.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Tfishwood wrote:He hasn’t served his time for those assaults yet !
He received a suspended sentence and probation of two years. It's been over two years now.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

He's a citizen of England, a country that has a similar type justice system. I can't see a more compelling reason to ship him off.
The only time i'd not agree with sending criminals off is when it's terrorists. I rather we imprison convicted terrorists where we KNOW where they are., not to ship them off to their *bleep* hole country only for them to creep back into North America to cause more harm.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I appreciate your stance on this Old Techie, and I tend to agree. Like you, I'm not losing sleep over this fellow's fate, but he's "one of ours" in every meaningful way short of actually being a citizen. I am glad he received due process though.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

How is NOT being a citizen "one of ours"? Lol
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

JayByrd wrote:I appreciate your stance on this Old Techie, and I tend to agree. Like you, I'm not losing sleep over this fellow's fate, but he's "one of ours" in every meaningful way short of actually being a citizen. I am glad he received due process though.

Except citizenship is a very big one.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I did not see murder on his resume..........but if many want to ship him off to England you are entitled to that opinion. When I read about ANOTHER murder in Vancouver/Surrey and something that has been going on for what........20 to 25 years at this frequency, I see the VAST majority of the victims and killers of one nationality (oooooo........me bad) and please do not refer to them as Canadian. The police in fact go out of their way and warn them that there are other gang members out there looking for them.............I'd be putting bulls eyes on their backs. There would be a boat sitting at the dock waiting to be filled up with these gang members and can easily have a weekly departure time.

This HA's deportation for what is on the minor side, is nothing in the big picture compared to what we read about almost daily from other criminal groups...........and the ones that are most likely to kill any one of us anytime, anywhere.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

If England doesn't want him, just drop him off halfway until the lawyers figure it out.
Black Dogs Matter
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lesliepaul wrote:I did not see murder on his resume..........but if many want to ship him off to England you are entitled to that opinion. When I read about ANOTHER murder in Vancouver/Surrey and something that has been going on for what........20 to 25 years at this frequency, I see the VAST majority of the victims and killers of one nationality (oooooo........me bad) and please do not refer to them as Canadian. The police in fact go out of their way and warn them that there are other ganig members out there looking for them.............I'd be putting bulls eyes on their backs. There would be a boat sitting at the dock waiting to be filled up with these gang members and can easily have a weekly departure time.

This HA's deportation for what is on the minor side, is nothing in the big picture compared to what we read about almost daily from other criminal groups...........and the ones that are most likely to kill any one of us anytime, anywhere.

what nationality are you talking about . i agree with you but i want you to say it
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Fancy wrote:What if England refuses to take him? After all, he did grow up here and has no ties to England.

I don't think the UK can refuse him entry. One of the things that citizenship entitles you to is entry into the country. What they do with him after that is up to them.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

US is having problems with other countries refusing their deported citizens which is why I mentioned it.

Interesting perspective:
http://vancouversun.com/news/crime/the- ... hipped-out
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

lesliepaul wrote:I did not see murder on his resume..........but if many want to ship him off to England you are entitled to that opinion. When I read about ANOTHER murder in Vancouver/Surrey and something that has been going on for what........20 to 25 years at this frequency, I see the VAST majority of the victims and killers of one nationality (oooooo........me bad) and please do not refer to them as Canadian. The police in fact go out of their way and warn them that there are other gang members out there looking for them.............I'd be putting bulls eyes on their backs. There would be a boat sitting at the dock waiting to be filled up with these gang members and can easily have a weekly departure time.

impo anyone who commits a crime and is not a Canadian citizen/or has citizenship.
Should be deported for minor crimes (when found guilty by the courts), as for major crime serve the sentence from the courts. The moment that has been served then be deported.

Absolutely no motion to delay deportation
Last edited by GordonH on Oct 19th, 2017, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Old Techie wrote:Ummmmm.......... story stated that he's been in Canada since the age of ten years old.

At that age I doubt he was a criminal or ineligible, and I speak somewhat from experience, given that my parents were immigrants and when they became citizens, I as well was a part of that process at a young age of about eight, hence this could very well have been a case of neglecting to do the proper paperwork for a child.

What you've posted doesn't really fit this scenario as it's more a case of his parents being negligent.

It's possible his parents still aren't citizens either. There is no rule that says you must take Canadian citizenship just because you live here. I know someone who has lived here since 1976 and is still a PR. There is no negligence there. Furthermore, this man has had 35 years to apply as an adult for citizenship. I have been through the citizenship process with my immigrant husband within the last 5 years. It's not that difficult a process to navigate if you're already in the country as a PR and aren't a criminal. If he had wanted the protection of Canadian citizenship, he should have applied for it. As I said, I suspect he didn't because he knew he was ineligible.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Revell argued to the Immigration and Refugee Board last year that he never would have pleaded guilty in the assault case if he had known it would lead the CBSA to renew a review of his admissibility that had been on hold after the 2008 conviction.

Return to “Central Okanagan”