Kelowna Rockets

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Bubalouie
Guru

Re: Kelowna Rockets

Post by Bubalouie »

Not that many rookies in the line up, didn't see the line ups for the road trip but last home game, there were only 2 rookies in the line up. The goal tending situation could be interesting down the road
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:Not that many rookies in the line up, didn't see the line ups for the road trip but last home game, there were only 2 rookies in the line up. The goal tending situation could be interesting down the road

Rookie I'm referring to was James Porter Goalie
First game against Portland he played whole game (OT Loss)
Second game he played 2 of 3 periods gave up 5 goals on 19 shots (blowout loss)
Third game again played the entire game, did better just other goalie did even better. (close, still a loss)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Thanks for clearing that up, felt kind of sorry for him, getting thrown in there against the top ranked team in the CHL, tonight and tomorrow should prove interesting.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Just read that the starting goalie is in Calgary being checked out for an ongoing injury and they've called up Basaran,(sp.?), so guessing Porter will be the starter.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:Just read that the starting goalie is in Calgary being checked out for an ongoing injury and they've called up Basaran,(sp.?), so guessing Porter will be the starter.

2 rookie goaltenders until Brodan Salmond returns, if his injury is season ending. Then Bruce will either continue with the 2 rookies (which means the season is a wash) or try to get a seasoned goaltender.

Alternatively 1 of these rookies stands on his head & is lights out in goal, anything is possible.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Holy Cow! What is happening to the Rockets tonight, first period and 3-0 over Portland. Did they finally decide to play as a team? Hopefully they can keep it going!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

just popping in wrote:Holy Cow! What is happening to the Rockets tonight, first period and 3-0 over Portland. Did they finally decide to play as a team? Hopefully they can keep it going!

It was a good game, sadly not all have the heart into it. Sadly, when a goal is scored and the line doesn't come together and celebrate you know there is a problem.

Without mentioning names, put on the big girl panties and stop being selfish.

There are many Junior B players who would make you look sad, if you read this you know who you are. Two nights in a row and you put in no effort at all.

You are better then that! The NHL won't want you either if you can't play 60 minutes!
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Ken7, you are bang on
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Lind released from Team Canada, must be some excellent competition for forwards there, also have to wonder if he still isn't 100% from his bout of mono.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:Lind released from Team Canada, must be some excellent competition for forwards there, also have to wonder if he still isn't 100% from his bout of mono.

Here is everyone that was invited:
CANADA SELECTION CAMP ROSTER

GOALTENDERS: Michael DiPietro, Windsor, OHL (Vancouver Canucks); Carter Hart, Everett, WHL (Philadelphia Flyers); Samuel Harvey, Rouyn-Noranda, QMJHL (2018 draft eligible); Colton Point, Colgate, ECAC (Dallas Stars)

DEFENSEMEN: Jake Bean, Calgary, WHL (Carolina Hurricanes); Dennis Cholowski, St. Cloud State, NCHC (Detroit Red Wings); Kale Clague, Brandon, WHL (Los Angeles Kings); Dante Fabbro, Boston University, H-EAST (Nashville Predators); Mario Ferraro, Massachusetts-Amherst, H-EAST (San Jose Sharks); Callan Foote, Kelowna, WHL (Tampa Bay Lightning); Josh Mahura, Regina, WHL (Anaheim Ducks); Cale Makar, Massachusetts-Amherst, H-EAST (Colorado Avalanche); Conor Timmins, Sault Ste. Marie, OHL (Colorado Avalanche); Logan Stanley, Windsor, OHL (Winnipeg Jets)

FORWARDS: Jonathan Ang, Peterborough, OHL (Florida Panthers); Drake Batherson, Cape Breton, QMJHL (Ottawa Senators); Maxime Comtois, Victoriaville, QMJHL (Anaheim Ducks); Dillon Dube, Kelowna, WHL (Calgary Flames); Alex Formenton, London, OHL (Ottawa Senators); Jonah Gadjovich, Owen Sound, OHL (Vancouver Canucks); Cody Glass, Portland, WHL (Vegas Golden Knights); Brett Howden, Moose Jaw, WHL (Tampa Bay Lightning); Tanner Kaspick, Brandon, WHL (St. Louis Blues); Boris Katchouk, Sault Ste. Marie, OHL (Tampa Bay Lightning); Jordan Kyrou, Sarnia, OHL (St. Louis Blues); Kole Lind, Kelowna, WHL (Vancouver Canucks); Michael McLeod, Mississauga, OHL (New Jersey Devils); Taylor Raddysh, Erie, OHL (Tampa Bay Lightning); Sam Steel, Regina, WHL (Anaheim Ducks); Nick Suzuki, Owen Sound, OHL (Vegas Golden Knights); Robert Thomas, London, OHL (St. Louis Blues)

There is also Forward from the NHL / Montreal Victor Mete, could be the reason Lind was cut.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Just saw the line up for todays game and Dube isn't in it again ??
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:Just saw the line up for todays game and Dube isn't in it again ??

Well, with 18 forwards to look at..... 11 defence & 4 goalies

That has to be reduced to total of 22, I would not want to have to make those cuts.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Me either, but he hasn't played in one of the games.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:Me either, but he hasn't played in one of the games.

Dube & Foote are on the team
https://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/21 ... ack-roster
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Way to go rockets, number one, great game last nite. :up:

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”