Lake Country Snarl fixed

snarkybc

Lake Country Snarl fixed

Post by snarkybc »

Oh good!

We can go back to waiting for 30-45 minutes to get to Beaver Lake Rd from the Glenmore.

I don't understand what is holding traffic up from around 4:00 pm till some nights well past 7 pm? This story is hilarious in my opinion as it wasn't the storm that caused the traffic snarl, it has been this way for most of the year! There are more houses and subdivisions getting built on the Glenmore and that is just going to make traffic on the Glenmore worse.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Lake Country Snarl fixed

Post by Ken7 »

snarkybc wrote:Oh good!

We can go back to waiting for 30-45 minutes to get to Beaver Lake Rd from the Glenmore.

I don't understand what is holding traffic up from around 4:00 pm till some nights well past 7 pm? This story is hilarious in my opinion as it wasn't the storm that caused the traffic snarl, it has been this way for most of the year! There are more houses and subdivisions getting built on the Glenmore and that is just going to make traffic on the Glenmore worse.

I heard a rumor that Glenmore Road will be shut down about half way so it is no long the freeway to Windfield.
snarkybc

Post by snarkybc »

Ken7 wrote: I heard a rumor that Glenmore Road will be shut down about half way so it is no long the freeway to Windfield.

I highly doubt that. The Glenmore road is one of only 2 ways into Kelowna from Winfield. I would highly doubt they would take that route of escape for emergencies away.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
spooker

Post by spooker »

I'm glad to hear that 97 will flow better ... highways should run smooth ...

As for Glenmore Road ... People need to look at traffic in/out of the area they think they want to live in ... just like someone who falls in love with Kettle Valley, do they check out what Chute Lake Rd is like before they buy?

When they say "buy for the lifestyle you want" we should remember that it means the commute/traffic too ...
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

"Detection loops" - good grief. Time the freaking lights like the rest of the modern world :132:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

There's the problem---Mike's cafe is right in the middle of the highway!!!! According to the pic with the story. Sorry, I know, it is NOT funny. Folks who know the area, knew to go down to Main St. and then up Beaver Lake and then south. Same in reverse to head north. However, lots of folks coming down Glenmore would be kind of stuck, I guess. Went that way today and now everything seemed fine. At least there were no incidents of road rage or accidents, thank goodness.
By the way, where is Mike's Cafe here in Lake Country??
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

How about adding really transit solutions? The more space there is on a highway, the more people build out and buy cars. You will always be chasing the dream of traffic free until you give people viable options.

The current Kelowna Transit system is a joke, it does not service anyone but those who really have no other option and then have to sacrifice where their live to utilize it.

Return to “Central Okanagan”