Customer Service - TELUS

A potpourri of off-topics.
Golwing Guy

Customer Service - TELUS

Post by Golwing Guy »

Have you tried to contact TELUS lately? I called twice today, on hold for over 30 minutes each time and still was not able to speak to a rep. It is sad to see that companies like TELUS who once provided good service has allowed service to deteriorate to such a degree. It can be interpreted as a form of arrogance that they do not respect their customers time, all the while listening to a recording on how important my call is. I think they must think we are stupid. If the call and the customer is important they would provide an answer in a reasonable amount of time (under 5 minutes)
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Customer Service - TELUS

Post by oneh2obabe »

Called Telus today and the rep handling my account was busy so I got the 'leave your number and we'll call you back' message. Saves me having to spend my time listening to their choice of elevator music for who knows how long.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

oneh2obabe wrote:Called Telus today and the rep handling my account was busy so I got the 'leave your number and we'll call you back' message. Saves me having to spend my time listening to their choice of elevator music for who knows how long.

I tried that and when the callback (from a prerecorded message) came with "this is telus returning your call. Please hold for next available representative" Then the line went dead. Never got another call so started from square one again

Let us know if you have success.

:-X
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Callback came about 15 minutes later (no pre-recorded message) and the rep rescheduled the installation to the date I requested.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I always use their online chat while I'm on the computer. I can be doing other things until a Rep is available.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

^^^Same here but you can't reschedule an installation date via the chat line.
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
cubafreak
Board Meister

Post by cubafreak »

and if you are having a problem with your internet the chat line is not an option
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Before competition BCTEL (now TELUS) had a bunch of customer service measurements that they had to report to the CRTC but the end of thier monopoly made these no longer necessary. BCTel also received a fixed rate of return during those days so they could spend whatever it took to meet those service measurements.

One of those measurements was average wait time which had to be 30 seconds or less prior to competition but after that they only needed to be comparable to their competitors who all have bad wait times. Call volumes fluctuate so to staff to a level that would meet whatever volume is thrown at them was too costly to continue in a competitive market.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Golwing Guy

Post by Golwing Guy »

I finally got through here is a synopsis of my TELUS transaction
1) Monday first call - on hold for over 30 minutes early afternoon- had to hang up as I had another appointment
2) Monday second call - on hold for over 30 minutes between 530pm and 610 had to abandon call as I had to leave
3) Tuesday morning I get a message from TELUS "personal rep" he had received my email but did not call at 730 am as it was to early. (For who? I was up)
4) He called me at 930 to tell me he could not handle my request and would have to transfer me to the department who could. Another call on hold for over 30 minutes. Finally got through to the rep who was able to complete my request.
5) While on the call I said you must be understaffed and she laughed (no comment) and then I told her I felt sorry for her as by the time the customer gets to them they are frustrated and cranky. She said she is used to it.

Question - Why do they have these "personal" reps when they know little and can't do much? Is this just to give the appearance that TELUS cares?

I suppose little will change. As long at the CEO Darren Entwhistle gets his 10 - 12 million a year he is happy. To heck with the customer. Sad to see a once good company deteriorate to this level. And unfortunately there are few alternatives for the average individual.

Return to “Grab Bag”