Boy's dog visciously killed....

dle
Lord of the Board

Boy's dog visciously killed....

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#209844

OMG this story has annihilated what little regard for pit bulls that I had left. I tried to give them a chance as I have been in the company of one who does seem to be a big, loveable, goofy, sweetheart without any mean streak, but there is something in his eyes and stance that just has me on high alert around him. I've come to believe that sometimes it is only a matter of time before a trigger goes off in that breed - I truly think their heads are just not wired right. I love animals, and what happened to this little dog is too horrible for me to even comprehend, right in front of his little best friend, and I am sure it will be a long time before i can erase that image from my brain so I can't even imagine the horror that little kid experienced and is going to go through trying to deal with this.

Pit bull lovers say it's the way they are raised and trained, that the owners make them killers, that it's not a breeding short-circuit but I'm sorry, there are just too many incidences that happen with this breed to disallow the notion that they have something in their DNA that just isn't right.

I am now firmly on the side that the breed should be banned and I crikey I can't even believe I just said that about a dog but that's what has to happen. They are just too unpredictable and their size and strength makes them even more dangerous.
Hornswoggle
Fledgling

Re: Boy's dog visciously killed....

Post by Hornswoggle »

Ban the breed and find the owner of the two dogs that killed this little boys best friend. He is in debt to these people and needs to repay.
Anyone with any info, please post it so this guy can get what he deserves.

Poor little boy would have been safer taking his dog down Leon Ave. This city is disgusting, starting with council and bylaw
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

I also want to add to my original post that the owner of these two dogs who ran off and left that poor little boy and his mom to deal with that carnage should be completely ashamed of himself - a coward with two killer dogs - I guess the dogs made him feel like a tough guy but he's obviously a loser - and i agree with the poster who said if anyone has any information on who it was they really need to come forward and tell the police.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

I agree 100% that the owner of these dogs is a useless, spineless loser who needs to face charges.
He left to get cleaned up and fled the scene, leaving his two dogs there for others to deal with ?? Wow. :swear:

As for the whole Pitbull debate - I learned a very long time ago to reserve judgement based on media identifying the breed of any dog...because they get it wrong more often than not.

Whatever the breed, they were obviously owned by an idiot....and were obviously running loose on a public walkway.
So tell us again how ownership issues aren't to blame ?
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

the owner of the pits is a chickenshet coward who needs to be brought up on charges.someone out there knows exactly who he is.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm going to be hopeful that the owner will be identified and certainly the dogs will be put down. I will expect these dogs weren't bought from a reputable breeder and obviously not trained or socialized properly. The owner did not have control of his animals and there should be severe consequences to the owner as the little boy and his mother (as well as those that helped) aren't ever going to forget what happened and that is a nightmare. I'm sorry for the little boy and his family.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Hornswoggle
Fledgling

Post by Hornswoggle »

Farmmaa wrote:I agree 100% that the owner of these dogs is a useless, spineless loser who needs to face charges.
He left to get cleaned up and fled the scene, leaving his two dogs there for others to deal with ?? Wow. :swear:

As for the whole Pitbull debate - I learned a very long time ago to reserve judgement based on media identifying the breed of any dog...because they get it wrong more often than not.

Whatever the breed, they were obviously owned by an idiot....and were obviously running loose on a public walkway.
So tell us again how ownership issues aren't to blame ?

Yes, true. If we ban the breed, these guys will just get golden retrievers or even golden doodles and turn them into killers :up:

The courts need to start holding people accountable for their actions. Until then, nothing will change
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Hornswoggle wrote:The courts need to start holding people accountable for their actions. Until then, nothing will change

That is what most hope for.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Fancy wrote:
Hornswoggle wrote:The courts need to start holding people accountable for their actions. Until then, nothing will change

That is what most hope for.

Normally I am all over the lack of consequence handed out by our Courts but in this case even I can't blame the Courts for this one. Guy owned dogs of questionable breeding/temperment, and while in his care/control (lack thereof) they snapped and killed another dog and he made like Usain Bolt and you couldn't see him for dust. Courts, up to this point in the story, aren't at fault here.

And as for the poster who felt if PB's are banned an owner will come along and just train his golden to be a killer - in all honesty can you say you've heard just as many horrific news stories of any other breed than pit bulls ripping other dogs and people to bits? Sure any dog could turn and bite under certain circumstances but this breed literally decimates at will and no one can bring them under control once they snap - even a good owner. A responsible owner of a "docile" PB who "all of a sudden" turns into a killer will say they never saw it coming and it's NEVER ever just a "bite" with that breed - it is always an attack of horrid proportions.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dle wrote:Normally I am all over the lack of consequence handed out by our Courts but in this case even I can't blame the Courts for this one. Guy owned dogs of questionable breeding/temperment, and while in his care/control (lack thereof) they snapped and killed another dog and he made like Usain Bolt and you couldn't see him for dust. Courts, up to this point in the story, aren't at fault here.

Sorry, that doesn't make sense - a case has to get into court to start with and so far there is no case. The law needs to have teeth (no pun intended) and the courts have to hold those accountable to show an example to others. There needs to be serious consequences for these types of actions and so far I haven't read too much in the news about that. I doubt anyone bothered to phone bylaw when they saw the dog offleash either.

...- in all honesty can you say you've heard just as many horrific news stories of any other breed than pit bulls ripping other dogs and people to bits?
There are many other breeds and crosses that hit the news.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

not even close to as many pit bull incidents I bet you could combine all other breed incidents and pit bulls would still top the list
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I hope that anyone out there who knows a loser with two pitbulls that have suddenly disappeared will contact the police.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I don't think it will take long this loser will have a neighbor that will notice his two pit bulls are not around and put two and two together
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

thank god those killer dogs didn't attack the little boy...can't imagine how this Family will ever get over watching their fur family member get ripped apart before their eyes...

doesn't surprise me that the owner ran away like the little *bleep* that he is..really nice to know that any goof can own such a dangerous dog..not

won't take long before someone on here will say they need 100% proof that they were pure breed pitbulls...someone will say they were most likely a mixed breed (common excuse)..

wish this Family could sue the owner..
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

LTD wrote:not even close to as many pit bull incidents I bet you could combine all other breed incidents and pit bulls would still top the list

Absolutely not true.
The last two vicious attacks in Canada were GSD and Malamutes - which happen to be the number one offender here, especially human attacks.
But....they don't put the breed in the headlines.....unless, you know - Pitbull.

I'm not denying what these dogs were....just stated that the media needs to stop identifying breeds until those breeds are actually identified.
There happen to be hundreds of breeds who are plenty capable to killing a toy breed...so let's not go there.

Breed is not the point here....the point is, once again, idiot owners.

Return to “Central Okanagan”