Sex assault allegations

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Rape at Fox news?

Post by maryjane48 »

Political commentator Scottie Nell Hughes filed a lawsuit against Fox News on Monday accusing the network of retaliating against her after she claimed she was raped by Fox Business anchor Charles Payne.

The New York Times reports that in the lawsuit, Hughes said Payne coerced her to have sex with him even though she had repeatedly refused him by saying "no" and "stop."

Hughes alleges that she was forced to remain in a sexual relationship with Payne and received more appearances on Fox News and Fox Business during it. But Hughes said after she ended the relationship with Payne, she was blacklisted by the network.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/35125 ... ew-lawsuit
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Rape at Fox news?

Post by Queen K »

Another case of "she could have quit her job and pressed charges right away." And endless debates will abound in regards to why she should not have to had to do that.

Sorry but this is one of those extremely messy cases where the lines between right and wrong on both sides are just "click/debate" bait. Judgement bait. And usually the woman does not fare well in them.

People in power exerting sexual pressures over their employees, regardless of the seeming reward to the victim, need to be stopped.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Corey Feldman- pedophile ring

Post by the truth »

https://etcanada.com/news/266241/corey- ... hile-ring/ good on ya,time to name names cory ---time to lock them up---
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Corey Feldman- pedophile ring

Post by maryjane48 »

Corey Feldman released a self-made YouTube video on Wednesday, outlining his plan to expose an alleged Hollywood pedophile ring and reconstruct a celebrity world free of child abuse.

The former child actor, who starred in classic films like The Goonies and Stand By Me, claims to have intimate knowledge of a pedophile ring operating in the upper echelons of Hollywood. While he doesn’t name names, he says he plans to.

http://www.thepeakfm.com/syn/123/55480/ ... phile-ring

Last edited by ferri on Oct 25th, 2017, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link and youtube video
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

maryjane48 wrote:While he doesn’t name names, he says he plans to.

I see a car accident happening in his future....he's messing with the wrong people. :smt045
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

would not surprise me at all, but i will go with an od
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Or fall out a window of a highrise....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Instead of trying to crowd fund 10 million dollars to make a movie, why not just release the names? Or do both. How many kids continue to be abused by his silence?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

JLives wrote:Instead of trying to crowd fund 10 million dollars to make a movie, why not just release the names? Or do both. How many kids continue to be abused by his silence?

Good point, I didn't think of that angle but, I see your point. Good catch.
Bring back the LIKE button.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

If I remember right, the statute of limitations has run out on his case/cases. So if he released the names they couldn't to anything because it was too long ago. According to him he did try to report it when it was happening and nothing was done.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

ferri wrote:If I remember right, the statute of limitations has run out on his case/cases. So if he released the names they couldn't to anything because it was too long ago. According to him he did try to report it when it was happening and nothing was done.

Without me do some fact-checking on US laws, I know there is NO "statute of limitations" on some capital crimes like murder and sexual assault. I am not sure about pediophile cases, even though those should easily fall into the sexual assault class. He might have a case but, to announce it and threaten to publicly expose them, sounds more like blackmail.
Of course, the innocent ones will contest his accusations and this could all blow-up in his face. It may take up to 10 years to get this to court and the accused will have that long to live with these accusations hanging over their heads and with the attached stigma.
Bring back the LIKE button.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I'm sure his lawyer knows what the laws are.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-serv ... sexua.aspx
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

All pedophiles & child molesters need to be completely removed from society, total waste of skin.
Politicians are to damn chicken to pass tougher laws, even if they did judges don't have the backbone to enforce them.
Just because they want to protect rights of these total pieces of sh :cuss: . The moment they violated a child, impo they lost any rights they may have had.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:All pedophiles & child molesters need to be completely removed from society, total waste of skin.
Politicians are to damn chicken to pass tougher laws, even if they did judges don't have the backbone to enforce them.
Just because they want to protect rights of these total pieces of sh :cuss: . The moment they violated a child, impo they lost any rights they may have had.

a fair amount of judges and politicians are pedofiles themselves ,thats why are laws on pedofiles are so soft
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 26th, 2017, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal

Return to “Social Concerns”