Dog attack in hotel lobby..

dle
Lord of the Board

Dog attack in hotel lobby..

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#210120

So here we go again.....I wonder if there is any confirmation first off that it was, as mentioned in the story, a pit bull?

Pit bull or not - a couple things about this should be questioned for what I think are obvious reasons. A pet friendly hotel is great, really is, but that rule should only be for pets on leash, and only that they be allowed to stay in the rooms and go from the room to outside, on leash, they also shouldn't be allowed to be left in the rooms alone either. Some of them create quite an uproar when left on their own in a strange place. I don't think they should be allowed free reign of the entire hotel - even on a leash. Little kids quite often dart about and that could easily have been an excited little kid that startled the big dog, not another dog. The Grand needs to review their policy and make some changes.

Sounds like the little dog was off leash and startled the big dog BUT the big dog had been in trouble earlier and had been allowed to stay even after that. They should have been asked to leave as soon as the dog showed a temper the first time.
techrtr
Übergod

Re: Dog attack in hotel lobby..

Post by techrtr »

I honestly can't understand why so many businesses allow people to bring dogs in unless it's a service dog. I'm sure an incident like this will prompt a lot of businesses in Kelowna to adopt a no dogs policy.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

For the life of me I don't understand people. Selfish, stupid or what.

IF you own any dog that has ever shown aggression to anything, a animal, a young person, and cat. Why can you not ensure total control of your pet? This likely would not have occurred if they were responsible pet owners.

I won't believe for a moment this is the very first encounter with another dog that raised concern. They sell muzzles, use it. IF you dog is not trained and will not listen to you why put it into situations that you have no control.

Would you leave a loaded gun out when you have playschool children coming to you home? Very sad another ool ownes a dog, and note I never brought up breed as any dog can bite provoked or not.
Last edited by Ken7 on Oct 27th, 2017, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

They sell leashes too.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Once again we have the "ban all dogs", or "ban all pit bulls".

For starters I'm not a dog person in the least. Really isn't this the same old "my dog is good it wont hurt anyone, so it doesn't need to be on leash"

ALL dogs need to be in the control of there handler when in public, PERIOD. I don't care how small or how big , how good or cute, its an animal, it's in public, something can happen.

We need to show zero tolerance to people with dogs not on leash. Pertend they are smokers lighting up in a restaurant.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Discussing that on the other thread. Both parties here were at fault. The little dog is going to be fine.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

This whole thing about bringing your dog to a Hotel is getting ridiculous. What's next?.. When I fly will I be sitting next to a German Shepherd in seat 4B. :cuss:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Whyme2 wrote:This whole thing about bringing your dog to a Hotel is getting ridiculous. What's next?.. When I fly will I be sitting next to a German Shepherd in seat 4B. :cuss:
Nonsense - when you have a dog, you don't stop travelling or staying at hotels. There are many pet friendly hotels around.

We've been pet friendly for quite a few years,
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Whyme2 wrote:This whole thing about bringing your dog to a Hotel is getting ridiculous. What's next?.. When I fly will I be sitting next to a German Shepherd in seat 4B. :cuss:

The last time I stayed in a hotel with my dog was because my house was being restored due to an insurance claim. Where would you have had me stay instead?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Am I missing something ?

What's so special about a pet dog ? Should I be able to take my cat, hamster, rat, snake on vacation to a "pet friendly" hotel?

How about a new concept, a guest friendly hotel.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

JLives wrote:

The last time I stayed in a hotel with my dog was because my house was being restored due to an insurance claim. Where would you have had me stay instead?[/quote

Go to a motel that excepts dogs, I don't have a problem with that. Can I bring my chimpanzee bubbles to a 5 star hotel?
Give me a :cuss: break.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

my5cents wrote:Am I missing something ?

What's so special about a pet dog ? Should I be able to take my cat, hamster, rat, snake on vacation to a "pet friendly" hotel?

How about a new concept, a guest friendly hotel.

Having pets in hotels is not new and hotels have designated rooms or floors to accommodate guests with pets.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Whyme2 wrote:Go to a motel that excepts dogs, I don't have a problem with that. Can I bring my chimpanzee bubbles to a 5 star hotel?
Give me a :cuss: break.

No break for you - a lot of hotels "accept" dogs - get over it.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g1549 ... otels.html
Last edited by Fancy on Oct 27th, 2017, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

JLives wrote:The last time I stayed in a hotel with my dog was because my house was being restored due to an insurance claim. Where would you have had me stay instead?

I would have you stay in the hotel and your dog at a kennel.

If you had a pet rattle snake, do you think because of the incident it should be allowed at the hotel ?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I posted a link above - phone hotels and ask them what pets they accept.

Return to “Central Okanagan”