Transgender playboy playmate

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Transgender playboy playmate

Post by Fancy »

Jlabute wrote:Mr. Hefner obviously didn’t do a good job at hiring and next in line was just waiting to take a whiz on his grave... wait a minute, it was his son that picked Ines.

I read this in the article:
Rau said Playboy founder Hugh Hefner, an outspoken supporter of civil rights, had personally chosen her to be the magazine’s first transgender playmate before he died at the age of 91 in September, and “told me he was very proud of me”.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

And she wasn't the first one that appeared in Playboy - Caroline “Tula” Cossey has also been in the magazine.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

I don't really understand doing this to be frank.

Playboys' demographic is what... 90-95% straight males? Just a guess, but it's gotta be at least 80% and probably higher.

Why would they want to have a transgender person in there for a photospread? It's like advertising for Johnsonville sausages in a Vegan magazine. Just makes no sense to me from a business standpoint.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

fvkasm2x wrote:I don't really understand doing this to be frank.

Playboys' demographic is what... 90-95% straight males? Just a guess, but it's gotta be at least 80% and probably higher.

Why would they want to have a transgender person in there for a photospread?

Maybe they'd like to broaden their reader base? They may loose some of their old target clients but gain more new ones.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Why would they want to have a transgender person in there for a photospread? It's like advertising for Johnsonville sausages in a Vegan magazine. Just makes no sense to me from a business standpoint.

But would it make sense to you from a "social justice warrior" point of view? As in, capitalizing on a trend in society today? Or that Hefner was always ahead of the curve when it came to inclusion? :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Have you seen pictures of her? A good number of the 90-95% of straight males are going to question their beliefs of trans when the issue is released. Some of them are going to be quite confused by what they see (or don’t see!).
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

dogspoiler wrote:OMG, I think I'm gonna puke.

The sight of breasts and vaginas makes you puke? Do you prefer pictures of penises?
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

I would say the readership is north of 95% heterosexual men. I also suspect that most of those would find this woman attractive if they had not been told in advance that she was transgendered, something of no real-world relevance to them since they will never meet her. Some might be turned off by the fact that she was born with male sex organs, but some will similarly be intrigued and even turned on by her appearance.

There's probably also a certain amount of sensational curiosity at play and they are hoping that it will boost sales numbers, since first and foremost Playboy is a business.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Jonrox wrote:The sight of breasts and vaginas makes you puke? Do you prefer pictures of penises?

When the breasts are artificialy built on a man and the vagina is a hole where a penis used to be, it's pukable.
Black Dogs Matter
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

dogspoiler wrote:
When the breasts are artificialy built on a man and the vagina is a hole where a penis used to be, it's pukable.

Then don't look at it.

Pretty simple answer.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Thank you for the excellent and simple advise Free. That same advise could be extended to someone that went to the trouble of quoting and replying to my post that they did not agree with.
Black Dogs Matter

Return to “World”