Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Bsuds »

For all the idiots out there that just have no clue....

Turns.jpg
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote:For all the idiots out there that just have no clue....

Turns.jpg

I see that every day, and I am usually on the road for less than 1 hour/day.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

I recall that 30 years ago a man was on CBC radio telling the world that it was ok to pick any lane to turn into.
It is no wonder everyone does it.
Waste not
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Bsuds wrote:For all the idiots out there that just have no clue....

Turns.jpg

It's a shame cause if everyone made the right moves those across from the Blue car wanting to make a right hand turn on a red light could regardless of the traffic signal directed to the Blue car.
Assuming things would go as they should in BC probably end up in a collision.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

We have dotted lines indicating the lane we need to stay in, what's next, barrier curbs to define the lanes?
Waste not
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Grandan wrote:We have dotted lines indicating the lane we need to stay in, what's next, barrier curbs to define the lanes?

Well, this is the idiot thread.
I wouldn't be shocked if one day there will be a physical barrier wherever you can fit it
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Self driving cars will cure it all, LOL. That is until someone hacks a couple and really screws things up.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To the driver of a Company (HVAC) pick up this morning. School Zones are 30 not 60.

You are an idiot! (I contacted the Company to advise them as well)
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I seriously think ALL companies need to have a memo, meeting, or whatever is needed to remind all employees that-THEY NEED TO SLOW DOWN THROUGH SCHOOL ZONES. I called a company the other day because one of their company trucks was doing 50 through the George Elliott school zone here in Lake Country.
When I see it, I will report it.
You may be driving a company vehicle, and THINK the law doesn't apply to you, BUT it does.
Slow down before you hit a young person that may step out in front of you before you know it.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I heard back from them and was told they have GPS in all their vehicles so would be easy for him to know who did it and would be talking to the driver.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

The young lady I spoke with said, yes, she understands that a school zone is exactly that, and, was going to have a talk with that driver and ALL the drivers. The companies don't know it we don't speak to them about the drivers that are NOT driving safely, as far as I am concerned.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
spooker

Post by spooker »

damama55 wrote:The young lady I spoke with said, yes, she understands that a school zone is exactly that, and, was going to have a talk with that driver and ALL the drivers. The companies don't know it we don't speak to them about the drivers that are NOT driving safely, as far as I am concerned.

Not often enough ... but I've called a couple of companies to let them know when their drivers are being courteous ... you're right about how we'll speak up when someone does something wrong, but we should try and do something the other way to reinforce good behaviour ... I think there was some research done on the whole idea of negative reinforcement vs positive but I can't remember the conclusion
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To the lady in her SUV would you please get off your phone so you can pay attention while you speed through the school zone!

Idiots, they're everywhere!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I just saw another one too. Man this time, company van, on the phone and blew right through a stale red light right in front of me. If I hadn't approached the intersection slowly and preparing to turn left, I would have been hit full speed right in the driver's door.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

They are fine parking in the handicap spot - they just have to be brain-dead to park that badly. :up:
Your bias suits you.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”