"Cannabis gummy bears"

Loki2u
Board Meister

Re: "Cannabis gummy bears"

Post by Loki2u »

Nearly all Halloween candy tampering reports are hoaxes. "There is no evidence this is happening and yet we like the story".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot ... -1.3818409
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

capleton wrote:I think this is just scare mongering by the RCMP and prohibitionist groups. No one with a supply would just suddenly lace gummy bears with cannabis and distribute it around because it would cost a lot and distributing it freely around the province would not generate any profit whatsoever. It reminds me of that 1930's show reefer madness and the other propaganda and lies that Senator Anslinger made up to create fear around cannabis.

What's reefer madness is the feds are in the process of decriminalizing cannabis but theyre still arresting people.

Yet there's people opening storefronts and selling it but the most infractions they have are municipal.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

WalterWhite wrote: just not falling for getting freaked out by what amounts to a media made-up bogeyman in the name of gummy-bears.

Who's freaking out?
It's that time of year to put out a warning - just so happened the gummy bears were found that were headed to Cree communities.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/gum ... -1.4376312
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Loki2u wrote:Nearly all Halloween candy tampering reports are hoaxes.

Yet the Halifax police doubt the cases were hoaxes.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Fancy wrote:
Loki2u wrote:Nearly all Halloween candy tampering reports are hoaxes.

Yet the Halifax police doubt the cases were hoaxes.

no charges were laid
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

WalterWhite wrote:All charges were dropped.

Irrelevant. Charges may not be laid because of lack of evidence or dropped for the same reason. However, it is a smart thing for a parent to do to check children's candy. No one wants to see a child hospitalized for any kind of poisoning.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Bman wrote:
capleton wrote:I think this is just scare mongering by the RCMP and prohibitionist groups. No one with a supply would just suddenly lace gummy bears with cannabis and distribute it around because it would cost a lot and distributing it freely around the province would not generate any profit whatsoever. It reminds me of that 1930's show reefer madness and the other propaganda and lies that Senator Anslinger made up to create fear around cannabis.

Peeps don't lace candy with cannabis, they make candy with cannabis derivatives. There's lots of candy out there that contains thc.

So how would these supposedly laced gummy bears be packaged?
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Fancy wrote:Irrelevant. Charges may not be laid because of lack of evidence or dropped for the same reason. However, it is a smart thing for a parent to do to check children's candy. No one wants to see a child hospitalized for any kind of poisoning.

Its more relevant than the links you posted which have nothing to do with Halloween.

Look, no one is denying you shouldn't be checking your childrens candy, but its this buying into these fear-mongering type stories that take all the fun out of these holidays. Years from now we'll be on here complaining why nobody participates in Halloween anymore.....these stories are reasons why!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

And since Halloween is just around the corner, watch your dogs and make sure they don't eat what they shouldn't. And that especially goes for the gummy bears.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Loki2u wrote:Its more relevant than the links you posted which have nothing to do with Halloween.
Neither does the topic heading nor the first post. My posts had to do with the topic.
dominik
Fledgling

Post by dominik »

WalterWhite wrote:Fancy - this is fear-mongering 101 plain and simple. "Won't anyone think of the children?!" As stated - no one's going to hand out their stash of edibles for Hallowe'en. Even if, and that's one mighty big if, if they did - no one's going to die from OD'ing on edibles - let alone even OD in the first place. My gawd what a pile of hogwash. Maybe it was this same cop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZLc9lqQM0

Lol - nice way to twist the context. Of course any parent needs to be as vigilant as always when it comes to their kids receiving candy from strangers. That's been going on since before I was a kid, and won't change until they do away with trick or treating altogether. No one's advocating not protecting the children - just not falling for getting freaked out by what amounts to a media made-up bogeyman in the name of gummy-bears.

I am sorry Walter but you did say it is "fear mongering" and that your personal opinion "that nobody is going to hand out their stash of edibles" or that "nobody will die of it". By saying that you are in essence saying that this announcement is unnecessary. And by your statement you made the assumption that you know every person, and every child and their medical reaction to any of those compounds.

I am not trying to tear you down here but that is what you had said, and the intent behind your statements seems to be that you don't take this personally serious. This is okay, however it is important to understand that just because we can't imagine something or it doesn't happen in our immediate surroundings, doesn't make it impossible, or for that matter means it isn't happening.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Last year's warning after Halloween:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police-urg ... -1.3141203
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

capleton wrote:
So how would these supposedly laced gummy bears be packaged?

voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

no one is going to be giving out 15 dollar packs of medicated gummies and no parent should let their kid eat a random unpackaged gummie bear or any other candy that doesnt look legit
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I once had 3 excess cases of gummy bears. I put a "Free candy" sign on the side of my van and I got arrested because of it.
There wasn't a microgram of thc in any of them.

Gummy bears make great ear plugs if you're operating loud machines.

Wax lips were a weird candy. Do they still exist, or am I still living in the era of a 5 cent all day sucker.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.

Return to “Canada”