The real story behind Tiger Woods’s downfall

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: The real story behind Tiger Woods’s downfall

Post by gman313 »

Because_They_Lie wrote:
Money means nothing when the soul has been destroyed.

it means you can afford help, especially in the US. the guy booked out an entire rehab facility cause he can afford it. Also means anyone else can't get help since Tiger took every room.

money still means a lot, even if the soul has been destroyed
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

Any regular Joe or Jill would be nailed for this, having fame & big bank account has its benefits. https://www.castanet.net/news/World/210 ... il-for-DUI
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the guy can pay for a personal driver if he wants to get drunk, bottom line he's a goof now
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

the truth wrote:the guy can pay for a personal driver if he wants to get drunk, bottom line he's a goof now

He wasn't drunk he took too many pain killers is my understanding.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

same diff
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

the truth wrote:same diff

The difference is that if your intent is to get drunk you can take a cab or hire a driver because you know beforehand what the result will be. He was not aware what his reaction was going to be to the pain killers. (Really dumb to mix them but when in pain people do dumb things)

I am not condoning what he did as it was not too smart of him just saying that he wouldn't know to hire someone.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Bsuds wrote:
The difference is that if your intent is to get drunk you can take a cab or hire a driver because you know beforehand what the result will be. He was not aware what his reaction was going to be to the pain killers. (Really dumb to mix them but when in pain people do dumb things)

I am not condoning what he did as it was not too smart of him just saying that he wouldn't know to hire someone.

that is an assumption. I would suggest the fact he checked himself into rehab suggests he knew the impairment level his little mixture would produce and was addicted to it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Usually on the prescription for pain medication.

Take when needed for pain, don't exceed "X" number in 12 or 24 hr time period (along with: to be taking with food... some that's not necessary)

This is were problems happen.... a lack of reading skills or following the Pharmacist instruction.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”