NO, you can't be WonderWoman at school.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Re: NO, you can't be WonderWoman at school.

Post by StraitTalk »

Queen K wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-209157-4-.htm#209157

Costumes banned at school? Seriously? We all wore costumes on Halloween to school.

What is going on with this crazy society these days?

It's one school. Ie. One administrator. Out of thousands....
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Queen K wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-209157-4-.htm#209157

Costumes banned at school? Seriously? We all wore costumes on Halloween to school.

What is going on with this crazy society these days?

Yes but, when you and I went to school, kids did not have peanut allergies and bringing a PB&J sandwich was okay. We used to get Oh Henry bars when going out T&T. Firecrackers were legal and fun. We didn't have to worry about needles in the playgrounds, it was standard to walk 1/2 mile to school on gravel roads in all weather conditions. We climbed trees and had only 2 TV stations on a B&W tv that took 5 minutes to warm up. The telephone was fastened to the wall and when it rang for our house, it was 2 longs and a short.
We turned out okay and lived to tell about the good old days. Times have changed and not all for the better.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

StraitTalk wrote:
It's one school. Ie. One administrator. Out of thousands....

Thats how it starts - as a little snowball on top of a hill.

It started school prayers, then continued on with Christmas, Hallowe'en is next - Thanksgiving will be the next target, and Canada Day, Remembrance Day and so on and so forth.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Calling all parents:

Is the school your darling childern attend allowing or NOT allowing costumes? Or what are the restrictions and rules?

I'd love to hear from a cross section of parents representing as many different schools as possible. IN other words, :D How is Halloween going down where your kids go to school? :admin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Costumes are allowed at kids school but no blood or weapons. I agree political correctness gone too far but honestly I don't think many schools ban costumes.
Peanut allergies are life threatening so I'm ok banning peanuts at least until children are in intermediate grades.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

jasond_71 wrote:Costumes are allowed at kids school but no blood or weapons. I agree political correctness gone too far but honestly I don't think many schools ban costumes.
Peanut allergies are life threatening so I'm ok banning peanuts at least until children are in intermediate grades.

What about the next step? Banning pork products. AND then beef, and then all animal based products? When and where does it all stop?
Peanuts maybe, but my generation didn't have these sensitivities. Is this a new allergy that was not present when I went to school?
No more pop, milk, chocolate, plastic weapons, ghost costumes with a white pointed hats, balaclavas/ski masks (or anything that disguises the identity, cowboys/indians, turbans, nothing that can be interpreted as potentially racist, gender specific or non-inclusive, religious either pro or exclusionary, ad infinitum.
When and where does it stop, and at what age do we have to stop our children from making their own decisions for them? They are just kids, they see the world through different eyes than ours. They have not yet acquired the ability to hate based upon something that they have never felt pain from.
By parents and society forcing these children to conform to the politically correct and SJW faction, is causing them too much stress in the early years of their development and to learn about other people's biases from the past.
Isn't enough that parents have to struggle to discuss "the Birds and the Bees"? now they have to explain that the white hat they have chosen may be offensive to other adults?
Bring back the LIKE button.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Queen K wrote:Calling all parents:

Is the school your darling childern attend allowing or NOT allowing costumes? Or what are the restrictions and rules?

I'd love to hear from a cross section of parents representing as many different schools as possible. IN other words, :D How is Halloween going down where your kids go to school? :admin:

It's up to the teachers at our school. No clowns, no weapons and no masks for the classes that do. They had a halloween dance on Friday they don't really need to dress for learning tomorrow unless that teacher makes it about learning. Either way is fine with me and for my daughter she's ok with either.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Schools are for children - a place to develop as a child. Education is a big part of that, but so is being a child. In our culture and society, Halloween is a very big part of childhood, and that includes partaking in festivities during school hours and anyone who tries to take that away from kids should be ashamed of themselves.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

agree 100%
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Social Concerns”