$10 + Million a Piece

Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Post by Rider59 »

Verum wrote:Firstly, and kind of obviously, I am not a "Western culture", so when I say "they" in that context, I mean "Western cultures" and not those people who embrace Western culture. As for where I am from, I fail to see how that makes my opinion relevant or otherwise, but you can rest easily and know that I am not "from one of these eastern countries". But I wonder if you'll want to know my skin colour next, and maybe my religion and ancestry too. I'm sure that one of them would be enough reason for you to dismiss my opinion as coming from someone beneath or lesser than you.

As for the rest of your comment, it just displays a serious lack of understanding especially when seen in the light of your previous statements. I would suggest that you go to some of "these eastern countries", but I don't want them thinking that your opinion is typically Canadian. Maybe you should try to get to know people of different background and culture to yourself, it might open your eyes.

How about I just dismiss your opinion as another immigrant trying to change the Canadian system. Did you come here with the intent to do this?

BTW, I have never brought up race but I see you have no problem doing so.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

An immigrant trying to change the system? Oh you’re mistaken. He’s advocating for the government to uphold the system. The charter of rights and freedoms is nothing new.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Omnitheo wrote:An immigrant trying to change the system? Oh you’re mistaken. He’s advocating for the government to uphold the system. The charter of rights and freedoms is nothing new.

New to some and they will never get it, not because their incapable simply cause they don't want to.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

deleted by user
Last edited by Rider59 on Oct 30th, 2017, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

double post
Last edited by Rider59 on Oct 30th, 2017, 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Omnitheo wrote:An immigrant trying to change the system? Oh you’re mistaken. He’s advocating for the government to uphold the system. The charter of rights and freedoms is nothing new.

Right, personal responsibility be damned. Why do you guys always bring up rights and freedoms but never talk about this responsibility?
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Isn’t this what we’re talking about? Responsibility?

And why wouldn’t we bring up rights and freedoms? We’re Canadian citizens.
Next time you get pulled over for speeding, try that line on the police. “You always bring up traffic laws, but what about how badly I have to go to the bathroom?”
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Rider59 wrote:How about I just dismiss your opinion as another immigrant trying to change the Canadian system. Did you come here with the intent to do this?

BTW, I have never brought up race but I see you have no problem doing so.

I am a Canadian citizen, whether or not I was born here or not is irrelevant. My opinion as a citizen, even if I was an immigrant, doesn't make it less valid, even if I was one who come here with the intention of changing things, it doesn't make it less valid. Citizens are equal in the eyes of the law and in the eyes of Canada. Two things, in this case I am not trying to change the Canadian system, and as with all citizens, I feel it my duty to contribute to Canada and her systems, which ultimately means that I feel it is all of our duty to change the system for the better.

It is clear that you don't accept that all citizens are equal, but rather seem to think that some are more worthy of citizenship and the associated rights, and that some are less worthy. That reeks of bigotry, discrimination and ignorance, which tends to go hand in hand with xenophobia or racism.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Verum wrote:I am a Canadian citizen, whether or not I was born here or not is irrelevant. My opinion as a citizen, even if I was an immigrant, doesn't make it less valid, even if I was one who come here with the intention of changing things, it doesn't make it less valid. Citizens are equal in the eyes of the law and in the eyes of Canada. Two things, in this case I am not trying to change the Canadian system, and as with all citizens, I feel it my duty to contribute to Canada and her systems, which ultimately means that I feel it is all of our duty to change the system for the better.

It is clear that you don't accept that all citizens are equal, but rather seem to think that some are more worthy of citizenship and the associated rights, and that some are less worthy. That reeks of bigotry, discrimination and ignorance, which tends to go hand in hand with xenophobia or racism.

It most certainly does make your voice less valid when I have to question your loyalty to the country (incl. it's existing laws and customs) that allowed you to immigrated to.

it is all of our duty to change the system for the better
*bleep*??? 'Better' is your opinion. This crap is not making the system better.

Call me a bigot all you want (that I put on eastern cultures and the lack of respect they show western cultures as shown in this thread), a racist I am not.

I'll leave you 'warriors' to pat yourselves on the back for fighting the 'good fight'. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The fact you think western is somehow better than eastern does infact make you a racist and if was up to me you would be banished from canada as a traitor.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Rider59 wrote:It most certainly does make your voice less valid when I have to question your loyalty to the country (incl. it's existing laws and customs) that allowed you to immigrated to.

it is all of our duty to change the system for the better
*bleep*??? 'Better' is your opinion. This crap is not making the system better.

Call me a bigot all you want (that I put on eastern cultures and the lack of respect they show western cultures as shown in this thread), a racist I am not.

I'll leave you 'warriors' to pat yourselves on the back for fighting the 'good fight'. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

Firstly, where did I say that I was an immigrant? Not that it would matter if I was. Secondly, I'm not the one looking to change the system, though you seem to want to do so retrospectively. You question my loyalty to Canada, but you are the one whining about her laws and them being applied to citizens, not me. Honestly, which is more Canadian, to obey the law and respect all citizens and their rights, or to complain when Canada tries to make amends for wrongs she has done to her people? I honestly think the former is by far the more Canadian way.

By the way, I never called you a racist.
kelofornia
Übergod

Post by kelofornia »

Personal Responsibilty......if you willingly go to a middle eastern country to engage in affairs of any matter with persons that are terrorists (whether they are family, friend or acquaintance) Canadas rights and freedoms and protection should no longer apply to you.

We are a peace keeping nation and have been for decades. Choices need to be made by those wanting Canadian citizenship and the protections it carries.

If anyone sees anything "racist" about that comment please report me.
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Raven1 »

Every multi million dollar payment made in the disguise of the charter is giving away the freedoms that Canadian soldiers have been fighting for.

For those that cannot see perhaps you should brush up on your history to find how the rights and freedoms we enjoy are being very badly abused by the new wave of immigrant.

SACRIFICE has been an integral part of the process for more than a century of immigration. But for the ease of travel sacrifices have been lessened for those seeking a better life in a new country.

Perhaps SACRIFICES need to be restored as part of the immigration program.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

kelofornia wrote:Personal Responsibilty......if you willingly go to a middle eastern country to engage in affairs of any matter with persons that are terrorists (whether they are family, friend or acquaintance) Canadas rights and freedoms and protection should no longer apply to you.

We are a peace keeping nation and have been for decades. Choices need to be made by those wanting Canadian citizenship and the protections it carries.

If anyone sees anything "racist" about that comment please report me.

What if you don't know these people are terrorists and what level of knowledge should be required, as in should suspicions be enough or do we require the terrorists to have been found guilty in a court of law?
What kinds of "affairs" will be enough for you to be stripped of your rights? Would those who go as mediators and peace brokers have their rights stripped? How about those who go on other humanitarian missions? Politicians visiting on behalf of Canada? etc.
You do realise that the kind of law you are proposing would be like Swiss-cheese and probably result in far more of these kinds of cases as Canadians will find themselves being treated as if they shouldn't have rights when abroad, only to be able to show that such stripping of rights was actually unlawful.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Raven1 wrote:Every multi million dollar payment made in the disguise of the charter is giving away the freedoms that Canadian soldiers have been fighting for.

For those that cannot see perhaps you should brush up on your history to find how the rights and freedoms we enjoy are being very badly abused by the new wave of immigrant.

SACRIFICE has been an integral part of the process for more than a century of immigration. But for the ease of travel sacrifices have been lessened for those seeking a better life in a new country.

Perhaps SACRIFICES need to be restored as part of the immigration program.

Hogwash. Have you ever looked at the immigration program? I know a few people who have gone through it and it is neither easy or without sacrifice. In fact, in many respects it is far more difficult than it was in the past. For a foreigner to become a Canadian citizen takes time and money. It is a process fraught with pitfalls and many situations where decisions are at the discretion of an individual, who doesn't have to give any justification for their decision. Canadian officials make mistakes and the applicants suffer. Those with even minor criminal convictions can find themselves ineligible. The fact is that it is not a trivial or rapid process and certainly no easier than it was in decades past.

Return to “Canada”