Silencing Conservatives thru Political Correctness

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Silencing Conservatives thru Political Correctness

Post by averagejoe »

Cultural Marxism has done it's job...thanks to our liberal/marxist education system, hollywood, media etc.....

Silenced by the PC police: Majority of Americans think discussion has been destroyed by political correctness and 58 per cent are too afraid to share their political views, especially Republicans

The findings were published in the Cato Institute's 2017 Free Speech and Tolerance Survey
71 per cent said political correctness has silenced important discussions society needs to have
58 per cent said they have political views they are afraid to share

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4xCHXol99
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sions.html

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: Silencing Concervatives thru Political Correctness

Post by Ka-El »

averagejoe wrote: 58 per cent are too afraid to share their political views, especially Republicans

Give those Republicans credit :smt045
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

I think maybe the Republicans are more ashamed to state their opinion, rather than afraid, considering the current state of the GOP.
Having said that, there doesn't seem to be any hesitation by righties on this board, or on the comments section of Breitbart to voice an opinion, and there is certainly no political correctedness involved on either board.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

RupertBear wrote:I think maybe the Republicans are more ashamed to state their opinion, rather than afraid, considering the current state of the GOP.
Having said that, there doesn't seem to be any hesitation by righties on this board, or on the comments section of Breitbart to voice an opinion, and there is certainly no political correctedness involved on either board.

You should take a larger look around this forum. The Left have free reign, some post very Libellous threads daily and it is saved as "discussion" but many who voice a middle ground or concept of finding solutions are often quickly attacked and called racist/bigot/privileged etc etc etc, and told their opinion have no place.

Hate is very much alive and it is very very left.

There are some on the right as well of course but not as many and with their own voice not the mob voice.

IT's not an accident though. Very powerful people want things this polarised, it's just unfortunate too many are foolish enough to fall for it. Extremist attitudes in either direction are detrimental to the people as a whole.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Interesting. Can you offer a couple of examples?
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Lmao

If that’s really what you think. Meanwhile people on “the right” get away with posting outright lies and rhetoric that is not based in reality. No matter how many facts you present people with, we’re met with ad hominem attacks and hyperbole. Or cries of “fake news” as if videos of people saying things have somehow been manipulated or CGI’d.

Just look at which group on this forum uses vitriolic words like “hate” or “evil” or “disgusting” the most often.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

RupertBear wrote:Interesting. Can you offer a couple of examples?

https://forums.castanet.net/

There. Call it about 75%-25% split for garbage and lies for the left vs right posters......but as you saw, first actual reply to my thoughts was to mock or blame everyone else for not conforming to the extremist left attitude. Less than 5 minutes....they just wait for anyone to post something not from the group play book and jump.

Thanks for the proof. though Omni you guys never fail to prove the point while missing it completely.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Veovis wrote:
RupertBear wrote:Interesting. Can you offer a couple of examples?

https://forums.castanet.net/

There. Call it about 75%-25% split for garbage and lies for the left vs right posters......but as you saw, first actual reply to my thoughts was to mock or blame everyone else for not conforming to the extremist left attitude. Less than 5 minutes....they just wait for anyone to post something not from the group play book and jump.

Thanks for the proof. though Omni you guys never fail to prove the point while missing it completely.

So, no specific examples? Just your opinion.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

V, YOU started with the attacks. Claiming that leftists had the run of the forum and proceeded to make claims without any facts to back it up.

I offered a rebuttal, and you are now upset that I challenged your claim. You continue to be extremely hypocritical.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Omnitheo wrote:V, YOU started with the attacks. Claiming that leftists had the run of the forum and proceeded to make claims without any facts to back it up.

I offered a rebuttal, and you are now upset that I challenged your claim. You continue to be extremely hypocritical.

Pretty straight forward...left can't meme.... [icon_lol2.gif]
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I see a very strongly polarized group on both conservative and liberals sides every day.

Every time I believe the conservatives have made excellent posts, a long comes the those of the liberal side, with a completely different light on the issue.

That is how debate is supposed to work.

And it's working. Here, on this miracle called Castanet. Face it, without Castanet who can you talk to these days about issues face to face? It's extremely difficult to bring anything up in the work place isn't it? Because we are so sensitized and have access to so much social media out there, ONE comment in the workplace can sink a career. In seconds. Or make for a poisonous work place, in seconds.

Here? Here we can have a multitude of topics and political slants on things that just are not acceptable to bring up causally anymore. And face it, is anyone ONE thing? Politically? Humanly? Sometimes we are a fractured lot, with liberal/conservative views on any number of given topics.

I don't see anyone here being silenced and if posters out there hold back on their views in certain threads, well, NO ONE is holding you back but you. Get in there. Give it your all. Sure some burn themselves out and never post again, but we also have a community of people who are actually and have made real life connections.

We have Monroe coming on from Saskatoon, SK saying "there is nothing like castanet here." Imagine if you have never found the forums, those of us who have to check in a few times a day, imagine how dark the day would go if there was nowhere to check in. Sure you'd have your family and friends as per usual, but isn't the as per usual the point to being here? Because nothing gives the the chance to be heard in quite the same way as the forums gives, right or left. And no one can tell me they've never learned a damn thing here, right or left.

Ultimately discussion has been destroyed by PC, but whose PC? It's from both sides.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Veovis wrote:
RupertBear wrote:I think maybe the Republicans are more ashamed to state their opinion, rather than afraid, considering the current state of the GOP.

You should take a larger look around this forum. The Left have free reign, some post very Libellous threads daily and it is saved as "discussion" but many who voice a middle ground or concept of finding solutions are often quickly attacked and called racist/bigot/privileged etc etc etc, and told their opinion have no place.

Hate is very much alive and it is very very left.

There are some on the right as well of course but not as many and with their own voice not the mob voice.

IT's not an accident though. Very powerful people want things this polarised, it's just unfortunate too many are foolish enough to fall for it. Extremist attitudes in either direction are detrimental to the people as a whole.

Could not agree more. Which is why the hyper rhetoric from the conservatives and the liberals has to stop. But can it stop for even one thread? One? Not bloodly likely. And here we are discussing why things can't even be discussed anymore.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Queen K wrote:Could not agree more. Which is why the hyper rhetoric from the conservatives and the liberals has to stop. But can it stop for even one thread? One? Not bloodly likely. And here we are discussing why things can't even be discussed anymore.

And it's a tragedy. It's the fact of pointing out that fact that people attack and blame and accuse and justify their actions.

Both extremes need to settle down really, but look how quickly here the concept of discussion was discouraged. A different opinion, and the actual reviews of the content clear, but pointing out 2+2=4 is bad, shame shame.

Ultimately discussion has been destroyed by PC, but whose PC? It's from both sides.

Again I agree.

People too often see a different opinion or point of view as some offensive attack, not everything is an attack, quite often it's the grounds for determining better middle ground of which things can be improved. Sadly society with the help of the internet has offered many the ability (on all sides) to be violently stubborn in opinion without open mindedness.

For both sides it is quite simple in my mind. EVEN IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY ON THE MORALLY RIGHT SIDE OF SOMETHING DOES NOT GRANT THE RIGHT TO ACT IMMORALLY. In my mind too many justify that if they can find a group online it validates their immoral opinions towards many things.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Pick a topic, anything, like rainbows. There's a moral interpretation of rainbows and the opposite, "those queers have appropriated a childhood memory of what rainbows are supposed to mean."

Tension at the table.

Immediately.

Or how about parents and what they do and dont' do? Judgy much? So much judging! One can't have a discussion on the topic, we can't even have a civilized thread on the topic.

How one spends one's money. More accurately, how the neighbours spend theirs. There's a fight.

And on and on.

But one thing castanet forums is really excellent for, is saying your piece and not having to even look back.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."

Return to “World”