Halloween Kid Count: 2017

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Halloween Kid Count: 2017

Post by Queen K »

MAPearce wrote:Bah Humbug ...

I turned out my lights and took my brats to the ritzy hood and let them reap huge .

I taxed them for the ride of course , and I made out like a bandit !!

I gots so many free candies , the last of my real teeth (4)are goners !

Awesome MAP, that'll get 'em ready for real life when they see their first paycheck.
Good strategy.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

You need to take 30-40% of their candy so they understand taxation.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

The whole gig didn't cost me a single potato.
I got half full of chardonnay and went to the neighbor's a little after midnight. It took them 5 minutes to respond to my door pounding but they gave me half a box of mini snickers, so all in all it was a pretty good night.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
ShannonG
Board Meister

Post by ShannonG »

rabidmole wrote:225 in black mountain so far

You must live in the Wilmot area. We love that street for trick or treating.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

31 at my door last night
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

200+. I lost count. It was non-stop from 5 to 7:30. Everyone loves trick or treating on my street. The street below me with houses 15 years older those ghastly overhead power lines have like 10 (I used to live on the street). Anyone who has overhead power lines on their street is a complete moron with zero sense of aesthetics, which is why trick or treaters avoid your ugly street.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

No word of a lie, across the street from Fulton Secondary in Vernon there are 3 culdesac streets that get over 1000 kids every year. I would say at most that neighborhood has 40 houses with tricker treating aged kids. I feel sorry for the people who own there:) The funny thing is we only get 20 kids in our neighborhood so we hand out 5 chocolate bars per kid. In our neighborhood the kids could hit 1/5 the houses and get the same amount of Candy:)
deedub
Fledgling

Post by deedub »

we had 2 ! doubled last years total !
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Off topic a bit here.

As a kid I usually had to go with friends parents since mine were busy milking the cows (dairy farm).
Being out in country side fastest way to get the most places in shortest time was trailer parks. Did not take long to pretty well fill up my pillow case. Memories..... especially getting sick..... to much candy to fast.
footnote: we tossed any apples/candy coated apples due to razzor blade scare.... older kids tossed eggs. Those were the days
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

we had 4 kids.

The funny part is the school bus picks up at the corner of our house with 7 kids every morning.

I guess the rain and some long driveways across the street in the new neighbourhood were a big enough detriment.
The wife wanted to buy some new decorations this year, glad we did not do that.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Both my kids worked last night. My son took a tour around the neighbourhood and ended up chatting with some of the parents outside the Hollydell Haunted House. He came back and said "that was so nostalgic" :admin: He went out with friends in a group just last year! Ah, fun.
I haven't failed until I quit.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Lady tehMa wrote:Both my kids worked last night. My son took a tour around the neighbourhood and ended up chatting with some of the parents outside the Hollydell Haunted House. He came back and said "that was so nostalgic" :admin: He went out with friends in a group just last year! Ah, fun.

Oh come on......how much nostalgia could be obtained from a 16 year old? Careful about your answer.....I left the door open for you to claim that you are no more than 34 years old. :admin: :130:
Bring back the LIKE button.
grumpies daughter
Board Meister

Post by grumpies daughter »

We had 100 children, and, about 35 adults , and perhaps 10 dogs! Yes, we give out kiddie treats, adult treats, and doggie treats, we try hard not to mix them up!
try to live your whole life west of the rockies
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Don't know why, but this thread had me thinking of this ...

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

One. Only one this year.

It's better than last year!
I am... the law!

Return to “Central Okanagan”