#MeToo

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: #MeToo

Post by MAPearce »

Comparing wild animals to men is illogical to me.

No ... It's not ...

The only thing separating humans from primates is the ability to use car keys. They are wild . And if you spent enough time teaching a chimpanzee how to , The chimp would be a better driver ...

It would still possess it's primal instincts though ..

Did you know that female chimps use sex to get food ??
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
oscillate_wildly
Fledgling

Post by oscillate_wildly »

Gixxer wrote:Does this apply for men that have had their bum, groin, or chest grabbed by a woman without their consent? If so #MeToo

Likewise, at a Kelowna music venue after performing in a band, one VERY drunk gal at least three times grabbed at my groin, it seemed like some weird display of mockery, dominance and it was completely an alien feeling to me/not something I've experienced much. It finally took another male to call her on it, more than 3x, and quite loudly. I just kept saying, "excuse me, don't" "no", and "f-off".

If the roles were reversed, I'd hazard a guess a man would have been arrested on the spot, and rightfully so.

So #MeToo

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Gixxer wrote:Does this apply for men that have had their bum, groin, or chest grabbed by a woman without their consent? If so #MeToo

oscillate_wildly wrote:Likewise, at a Kelowna music venue after performing in a band, one VERY drunk gal at least three times grabbed at my groin, it seemed like some weird display of mockery, dominance and it was completely an alien feeling to me/not something I've experienced much. It finally took another male to call her on it, more than 3x, and quite loudly. I just kept saying, "excuse me, don't" "no", and "f-off".

If the roles were reversed, I'd hazard a guess a man would have been arrested on the spot, and rightfully so.

So #MeToo

That's an unfortunate experience. fortunately she wasn't your boss and you didn't have to put up with that regularly in your workplace just to keep your job. If she had been your boss, how would you like to listen to arguments about "that's just a woman's instinct, you need to dress more conservatively" and "you shouldn't be advertising your sexiness in public, that's why women sexually assault men". Fortunately she didn't beat the crrap out of you or choke you into submission because you refused to respond to her advances. Fortunately several reasonably strong people came to your defense.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Comparing wild animals to men is illogical to me.

MAPearce wrote:No ... It's not ...

The only thing separating humans from primates is the ability to use car keys. They are wild . And if you spent enough time teaching a chimpanzee how to , The chimp would be a better driver ...

You are comparing women to female chimps and you want us to give serious consideration to your arguments?
People are not chimps. I don't know of any chimps who have become brain surgeons, lawyers, professors, EMT's, nurses, airline pilots, marines.
Men are not chimps either. They can do better, far better.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

MAPearce wrote:

No ... It's not ...

The problem would be them flinging feces at each other in traffic.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

oscillate_wildly wrote:.....

So #MeToo

Did you report this assault to the police? And if not, why not. If the roles were reversed, a woman has to report to police, and the perpetrator may or may not be interviewed or arrested. The victim will be questioned in detail about their behavior leading up to the "alleged" assault, what she did to avoid or prevent it. Then if police decided there was some grounds for arrest, they might do so, and interview the "alleged" offender. So , if you didn't report the assault to police, you certainly cannot expect her to be arrested on the spot. If you haven't reported it yet, you should, but be aware that since there was a delay in reporting, the police will want to know why it was not reported earlier (especially since you seem to be critical about why she wasn't arrested on the spot).
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

I dont think women can relate to what its like being a man because some women dont experience a real orgasm until they're in the their 30's. Men experience it when they first hit puberty, and when it does it consumes our minds.

What it really comes down to is self control, respecting others , and knowing right from wrong.

And yes I know Im going to catch alot of backlash for this.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

You are comparing women to female chimps and you want us to give serious consideration to your arguments?
People are not chimps. I don't know of any chimps who have become brain surgeons, lawyers, professors, EMT's, nurses, airline pilots, marines.
Men are not chimps either. They can do better, far better.

I'm comparing animals to animals ... Or are you "better" than that ?

Face it , you eat , breathe , poop and fart just like the rest of the animals weather you have skin or fur.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Gixxer wrote:I dont think women can relate to what its like being a man because some women dont experience a real orgasm until they're in the their 30's. Men experience it when they first hit puberty, and when it does it consumes our minds.

What it really comes down to is self control, respecting others , and knowing right from wrong.

And yes I know Im going to catch alot of backlash for this.

"women can't relate to what is like being a man": probably true, but then why should we? I doubt most men have any idea what its like being a woman.
"some women don't experience a real orgasm until they are in their 30's": also probably true, but most women experience orgasm wayyyyyy before that. What relevance this has to when men hit puberty: none. Most women experience orgasm by about their 18th birthday, many much sooner.
If you are trying to claim that a man's orgasm is somehow more real than a woman's... then you are seriously confused on the matter.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Nov 3rd, 2017, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

I knew my words would get spun out of control.

What I meant is that when males first hit puberty they experience a powerful orgasm. Is this the same for females when they hit puberty?

As males our lives change in that minute. Our minds go from playing video games, and collecting hockey cards to thinking about you know what. As I stated in my previous post its about self control, respecting others , and knowing right from wrong. If men would think rationally when those sexual desires came about, and took care of themselves in private first they would be surprised at how much clearly they would think after. Anyways getting off topic. #MeToo Continue on with male gender bashing.

And no Im not making this a male vs female orgasm. Just saying that males experience it from the minute they hit puberty.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

"women can't relate to what is like being a man": probably true, but then why should we? I doubt most men have any idea what its like being a woman.

I live with two women....

Believe me , I'm well versed in the "struggle" ....
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/210583 ... ool-family

What happened here? Was she just dressed too sexy? or is it just the uncontrollable instinct of a young man to assault a young woman? Who shall we blame? Even if caught, what is the likelihood of conviction and minimal chance of any actual consequences. One more child can claim "MeToo". She can spend the rest of her life reading stupid excuses like girls are dressing wrong, or acting wrong, males have an uncontrollable instinct which apparently strikes them at the "moment" of puberty (as if that makes any difference),or boys just have to be boys, or "horses and chimps do it, therefore so can people", on threads like this one.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Now we are hearing from male victims of the same problem in the entertainment industry, gaining courage from the women's movement.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11 ... -aspiring/
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

google-Domestic violence: data shows women are not the only victims

So what should women's and societies next move be? Read the report. It seems millions of women are approaching this the wrong way. With complete ignorance to truth and accountability. Unable to acknowledge a proven part in it. What has happened when there is so much man hating, arrogance through our society. According to this special report, written by a women, millions are still spent trying to blame men for everything and trying even harder to exclude women from any of the responsibilities.
We can not fix issues when all many want to do is blame the other, unable to accept their own part. And as one put it, "men should all be on medication".
Seems establishing in ones own mind that everything is someone else's fault is going to make one feeling better or cure all these issues.
Fist off, it seems that women need to reprogram what possibly the third way feminist movement taught.
Then we can all get together and fight these issues for all of us. Yes, you do not have to listen to men explain this, there are tons of links on the internet of women trying to show and teach you whats gone wrong.
Men are willing to fight side by side with women on these issue but until the blaming, pointing, complaining, directing, falsifing, arrogance and just plain old gender bias stops, we wont be successful.
Last edited by liisgo on Nov 3rd, 2017, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Your link is just an advert for an australian newspaper.

As far as your comment: I have not heard of one "MeToo" victim that is blaming all men, so it's not about that. They are specifically blaming those in a position of power, who use that power to prey on young people (often women, but as we have seen young men are victimized as well) and sexually harass or assault them particularly in the work place, but we know it goes on in homes,schools, in recreational sports,church camps, at skytrains, and bustops.
I hear so much victim blaming, that it makes me sick. Those who use their position of authority or power to prey on others are to blame here, so let's not try to white wash that.

Return to “Social Concerns”