Shaw Cable Charges.

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Shaw Cable Charges.

Post by gardengirl »

I just got my bill and my rate went up $30!!!
What the f is that?
I have not made any changes to my account.
Anyone else have this happen? I called Shaw and the wait time was 40 minutes. I was #231 in the line...
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Shaw Cable Charges.

Post by Queen K »

Sorry that happened to you Gardengirl, but at #231, I'm guessing a whole lot of people woke up to this happening.

Netflix is still reasonable at $10 bux/month. Maybe remind them of that fact when you do get an rep on line? Do they have a facebook site to rant on too?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Telus prices went up recently as well.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I don't have Shaw tv, only phone and internet.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

gardengirl wrote:I don't have Shaw tv, only phone and internet.

Were you maybe on some discount plan good for x amount of months, after which it reverts back to the full price?

That does seem to be quite a jump.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

gardengirl wrote:I don't have Shaw tv, only phone and internet.

Old Techie wrote:Were you maybe on some discount plan good for x amount of months, after which it reverts back to the full price?

That does seem to be quite a jump.

Internet 15 (Shaw) discount price to regular price is exactly $30
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

That makes sense. I was on some discount plan a while back and forgot all about it, until I saw the full price bill and wondered what the heck, but then I looked at how many months had passed and figured it out.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Ivstitia

Post by Ivstitia »

https://can-com.com/Internet/High-Speed-Internet

Internet for $25 (5Mbps) to $70 (150Mbps) per month (regular rates.) Bundled phone for an additional $15 per month.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Did you call in? $31 doesn't make sense even for Shaw.
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

I have never payed full price for home services in my life. I always negotiate...and shrewdly at that. I recently renegotiated with telus and currently pay about a third of what i should be paying and i know they are still making money on me or they wouldn't do it.

Don't let them bend you over :up:
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
asapjun

Internet charges

Post by asapjun »

Has anyone on here switched to can-com service ? Or is anyone currently using their service ? its about half price of shaw?
Info is here https://can-com.com/internet/channel/Ch ... ter?src=93
Thinking of switching so any feed back would be appreciated ..
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

^^^ I have been using can-com for a year and 9 months now....have never regretted it. I am using their internet and phone package. I started with the family plan for internet which was fine for speed..but decided to go with the pro plan of 74 down and 7.5 up for only $7 more. I am using the phone canada plan so it is free calling anywhere in within BC and i believe all of canada for $14.95.

If you sign up, use my refer a friend code of 21139 and get $10 off your first invoice and I get a buck off per month on my subscription ;)
asapjun

Post by asapjun »

kelownman wrote:^^^ I have been using can-com for a year and 9 months now....have never regretted it. I am using their internet and phone package. I started with the family plan for internet which was fine for speed..but decided to go with the pro plan of 74 down and 7.5 up for only $7 more. I am using the phone canada plan so it is free calling anywhere in within BC and i believe all of canada for $14.95.

If you sign up, use my refer a friend code of 21139 and get $10 off your first invoice and I get a buck off per month on my subscription ;)

========
Thanks... I may switch... even called shaw today and not much they could say other than smaller companies have less overhead .. yet can-com uses shaw lines... seems maybe not to fair to shaw but money talks now-a days ..have not had a home phone line for years only use cell... seems allot of cord cutting is happening or going to be... now if one can find a less expensive tv cable provider ??? Thanks Kelownman for the reply and comments
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

Their tv package is very reasonable starting with free with cbc, ctv, global, chek and cw up to the next level of "select" or "home" packages. The kicker is having to buy their $199 cypher IPTV box PER TV which makes it less attractive.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”