Threats Against Premier

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Threats Against Premier

Post by flamingfingers »

She was drunk.. She was stupid. There probably have been many more who have been drunk and stupid in actions. Her stupidity was choosing the wrong number to dial.
Chill
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

She did some community service on her own.

"As penance and on her own volition, Janeckova did 20 hours of volunteer work at the food bank. "
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

It's a peace bond and stayed charges. If she behaves for the time period she doesn't wind up with a criminal record and all that having one entails.

They couldn't enforce community service as she hasn't technically been found guilty.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 2nd, 2017, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Gone_Fishin wrote:
flamingfingers wrote:She was drunk.. She was stupid.

So you're saying she was just like every other NDP voter out there. Good to know.

Would you agree that getting a DUI is stupid? I guess Gordon Campbell voted NDP and that's while he was Premier! :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Mutually exclusive in GC's case. He may have been drunk, but he's no stupid man. The double impairment of drunkenness and stupidity among NDP voters is a hell of a blow.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Driving drunk, while Premier, is the definition of stupid. Driving drunk is just stupid. Nice spin tho.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

The point that everyone seems to be missing is that it takes a really bad political leader to deserve the disgust that this woman portrayed. There were thousands, perhaps even millions of British Columbians who felt the same way, but didn't carry their frustration that far, that's all.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Cactusflower wrote:The point that everyone seems to be missing is that it takes a really bad political leader to deserve the disgust that this woman portrayed. There were thousands, perhaps even millions of British Columbians who felt the same way, but didn't carry their frustration that far, that's all.

Wow. Here we have an NDP cheerleader endorsing violence against fellow human beings.

Sickening.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

What do you expect from these grave-dancers?

Court imposed a suspended sentence. Issue is closed. Everyone can carry on with their lives.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

LordEd, even I thought it was a low sentence, I thought more community service could be added and anger management classes.

Rwede wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:The point that everyone seems to be missing is that it takes a really bad political leader to deserve the disgust that this woman portrayed. There were thousands, perhaps even millions of British Columbians who felt the same way, but didn't carry their frustration that far, that's all.

Wow. Here we have an NDP cheerleader endorsing violence against fellow human beings.

Sickening.

:135: Except that's not what Cactusflower said, she did not endorse violence Rwede, she said that lots of BCers may have been mad too, but carried out their frustration in the voting booth instead of making stupid phone calls. And it was a stupid phone call and NO ONE here endorsed violence on Christy's person at any time.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Queen K wrote:LordEd, even I thought it was a low sentence, I thought more community service could be added and anger management classes.
Its actually not a sentence. A stayed charge is essentially "we're going to ignore this happened, but if you cause trouble we can bring it back to court.

At this time she has no criminal record.

And I'm fine with that. Stupid mistake with remorse and apology. Highly likely to re-offend considering the targe it out of politics, and also with a peace bond overhead.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm not fine with the outcome, criminal record lacking, good, but there should have been more added. But I'm tougher on aspects of the law than you'd expect from a liberal type.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

She got off easy, but no matter who the leader or whatever there's always some idiot coming out of the woodwork taking things too far.

Return to “B.C.”