Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
KingCreole
Board Meister

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by KingCreole »

You should contact a mod, if you have an issue. do not take it to the forums.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Yesterday, Sunday afternoon, coming up H33, see two vehicles sitting at Ziprick, side by side!!!! The red SUV, 225___, pulled out into traffic!!! THAT is single lane traffic off of Zip.--NOT two!! The funny thing, the SUV only went a few blocks then turned off left.
I noticed the grey car that they had been parked by, on Ziprick just kind of sat there, not believing that the SUV had actually pulled up beside them, totally blocking their view and a chance to merge into traffic when the opportunity arose.
Seriously, Folks, be careful out there. There are some crazy drivers.
Saw a sporty car and truck racing along 97 heading south into Kelowna no signal lights, just weaving in and out like sewing thread into their silk for their coffins.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

^ lol

Crazy people.

Dark mornings. Cyclist clad head to toe in black. No lights. Almost taken out by a car making a hasty left in front of traffic. Light was turning amber and the ninja just kept on coming. Such foolery.

Seriously...easy to see why "accidents" (stupidity) happen.

Beware of the ninjas...
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
spooker

Post by spooker »

lightspeed wrote:Dark mornings. Cyclist clad head to toe in black. No lights. Almost taken out by a car making a hasty left in front of traffic. Light was turning amber and the ninja just kept on coming. Such foolery.

Seriously...easy to see why "accidents" (stupidity) happen.

Beware of the ninjas...

I'm out there at 6:20 for a morning run and I usually see about half and half for cyclists who actually think about and those that don't ... I wish I could find a cheap source for lights that I could just keep a few in my pockets and chuck them at their heads to try and get the message across ...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

To the owner of a white Toyota rav4 (on Harvey heading towards West Kelowna at about 10am) with bicycle rack on back of your vehicle, that alone makes difficult to see your brake lights & signal lights.
By adding the bag over the bikes it completely blocks all visual view of either of those lights.
So you could be signaling to change lanes (or braking) no one can see that with that bag.

Maybe in the future do a pre-trip visual check before using something like that protective bag.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

People hauling wobbly, unsafe, overhanging, unsecured loads.

Give your heads a collective shake. Use tarps and/or tie down straps.

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

lightspeed wrote:People hauling wobbly, unsafe, overhanging, unsecured loads.

Give your heads a collective shake. Use tarps and/or tie down straps.

This owner had an actual rear mounted bike rack (so bikes were not about to fall off). They used a cover to protect bikes from the elements. What I suspect is the unit was meant for full size SUV or pickup, not a small Rav4.
I could not see either signal lights or when stopped at traffic lights his brake lights.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:To the owner of a white Toyota rav4 (on Harvey heading towards West Kelowna at about 10am) with bicycle rack on back of your vehicle, that alone makes difficult to see your brake lights & signal lights.
By adding the bag over the bikes it completely blocks all visual view of either of those lights.
So you could be signaling to change lanes (or braking) no one can see that with that bag.

Also illegal if I'm not mistaken.
GordonH wrote:Maybe in the future do a pre-trip visual check before using something like that protective bag.

I'm sure they'll get right on that

If only their parents used a protective bag :laugh:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Unfortunately no sense reporting it since plate was totally covered. I was not heading across the bridge, just to try to see the front plate (of course if the owner from Alberta, may not have a front plate).
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

There were lots of people speeding through school zones yesterday morning. Everyone ahead of me, in one, were going at least fifty. I guess that's typical now. There was also some guy on a bicycle swerving all over the road (elsewhere), who then cut directly into my path. He didn't look, of course, and I almost ran him down.

Today was even better. Some lady going at least a million gets right on my *** and proceeds to tailgate, through a residential area. She shook her head a lot and flipped ME the bird. :cuss:

Edit: It's past midnight. I guess all that needs to be pushed back a day.
I am... the law!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Ptolemy Soter wrote:There were lots of people speeding through school zones yesterday morning.

I walk my dog past a school every day and this is the norm. I see 8 out of 10 speed through the zone but there is rarely a cop in sight. We really should have speed bumps in all school zones!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Bsuds wrote:
Ptolemy Soter wrote:There were lots of people speeding through school zones yesterday morning.

I walk my dog past a school every day and this is the norm. I see 8 out of 10 speed through the zone but there is rarely a cop in sight. We really should have speed bumps in all school zones!

6 of the 8 are most likely parents. Brutal.

https://www.bcaa.com/media-centre/2017/ ... one-survey

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

lightspeed wrote:
6 of the 8 are most likely parents. Brutal.

The ones I see are after the kids are in school. Usually after 9am and the majority are middle aged or older with some commercial vehicles thrown in the mix. These are the ones who should know better and when I indicate to them that it's a school zone I am either ignored or given a blank look.

These people really are idiots!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

If only eggs weren’t so damned expensive...
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Just drove by George Elliott here Lake Country and again, white SUV going by there over 30 km. an hour.
Almost followed them out Lodge, to see where they live but, decided against it. Not my place to remind them that they are going too fast. Hopefully they get a ticket before they hit someone.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”