Apple iPhone X

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Jlabute
Guru

Re: Apple iPhone X

Post by Jlabute »

Sure, you can pull the ‘specs’ card with a 12MP iphone camera, vs a Samsung 12MP camera and could think they may be equivalent until you research which imaging chip is used and how it is used. The iPhone 8-plus takes much better pictures than any phone in existence... and the iPhone X camera will be even better. The Samsung camera in the words of Jim Carrey ; ‘a worthless steaming pile of cow dung, figuratively speaking.’

https://www.dpreview.com/news/6922582097/the-iphone-8-plus-is-the-best-smartphone-camera-dxomark-has-ever-tested
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Jlabute wrote:Sure, you can pull the ‘specs’ card with a 12MP iphone camera, vs a Samsung 12MP camera and could think they may be equivalent until you research which imaging chip is used and how it is used. The iPhone 8-plus takes much better pictures than any phone in existence... and the iPhone X camera will be even better. The Samsung camera in the words of Jim Carrey ; ‘a worthless steaming pile of cow dung, figuratively speaking.’

And the vast majority of picture takers don't know the difference between a pixel and a peck.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Good zinger. But the iphone takes better pics. If I wanted to take better pics I would buy a camera.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Gixxer wrote:Good zinger. But the iphone takes better pics. If I wanted to take better pics I would buy a camera.

Exactly. My phone is great for getting a quick picture but when I am travelling it doesn't come with me, I take 2 cameras.
A point and shoot and a Canon with 50X zoom. Both together and my phone cost less than an iPhone.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

So a mobile phone with a cheap crappy camera is a feature. Samsung should advertise it as such: Note 8, now with a cheap crappy camera in order to save you money, now only $1299.00
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Apple people sure get into a bunch...

and then when you ask them why apple is better...

**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Jlabute wrote:So a mobile phone with a cheap crappy camera is a feature. Samsung should advertise it as such: Note 8, now with a cheap crappy camera in order to save you money, now only $1299.00

So youre buying a Note 8 specifically for its camera? The specs look pretty darn good for a camera phone.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

It's a phone, and a camera, and a computer and about a million other things... what more do you want? As far as the specs are concerned it's actually a powerful phone. I'll stick to my android though.

Symbonite wrote:It seems that they are now the ones trying to catch up to Samsung and even LG.

Only in market share..
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

So having the IOS 11 update, I have to say I'm not very pleased with it. Lots and lots of bugs in it that have yet to be resolved. Very unfortunate, but I'm sure it'll get resolved at some point in time.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I noticed a couple of ads in classifieds with very high price tags for the X.
So I check Apple Canada could not find any of these prices for that phone.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Dizzy1 wrote:So having the IOS 11 update, I have to say I'm not very pleased with it. Lots and lots of bugs in it that have yet to be resolved. Very unfortunate, but I'm sure it'll get resolved at some point in time.

Should be all fine by iPhone XI. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Old Techie wrote:
Should be all fine by iPhone XI. :biggrin:

That may be - but its still (for me) a more pleasant and satisfying user experience than the competition :biggrin:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

So how is the $1300cdn phone with the typing error and green lines as well as freezing in the cold working out for y'all?

Seems like that Apple has a couple of worms in it. :200:
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I played around with the X in the store today. Not having the home button was actually quite nice - the swipe gesture felt quite natural. Definitely a few things to get used to - and as Bsuds pointed out, there probably are a bunch of bugs in it - as the Mrs. said, it'll be wise to hold off for awhile. Who am I to argue? :biggrin:
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Poindexter wrote:I have to buy my phones outright because I have a plan that's 50$per month cheaper than what they'll offer if I sign a contract for new phone. Found Costco has the best deals for this however if someone wants to rid themselves of their horribly ancient iPhone 7 to get the newest I may be willing to help you out.

Im in same boat. I buy outright. Usually off castanet classifieds. Id rather put out 300 to 500 dollars. One time. Than have my bill go up 30 or 40 a month for ever
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”