Guru

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by lightspeed »

To all the idiots....

It's dark. And snowy.

Turn your lights on!!!! Jesus..... :swear:
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I had to laugh at the guy trying to drive his corvette in the snow. There was no way it would go in a straight line without fishtailing. lol Park it till Spring!

To the woman in the RAV4 on Benvoulin...do your makeup at home before you get in your car! Idiot!

Also the person in the KIA on KLO. That is the worst color I have ever seen on a car, it looks like a box of puke. Sorry but it does.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

lightspeed wrote:To all the idiots....

It's dark. And snowy.

What I don't get is that if one see's a vehicle around oneself without lights on, and
it seems wrong for conditions,
should it not trigger said individual into checking their own lights status, on, or off ?

Starting a chain reaction of lights coming on...Duh !

I see it all too often of multiple vehicles going along in poor conditions with nary a light to be seen.
On their vehicle and seemingly, in their heads !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Bsuds wrote:I had to laugh at the guy trying to drive his corvette in the snow. There was no way it would go in a straight line without fishtailing. lol Park it till Spring!

To the woman in the RAV4 on Benvoulin...do your makeup at home before you get in your car! Idiot!

Also the person in the KIA on KLO. That is the worst color I have ever seen on a car, it looks like a box of puke. Sorry but it does.

Yeah i think they were all out today. The car with the whole rear end covered in snow, the texter in his truck heading up Harvey, the Mustang with its shiny summer rims and low profile tires, the tailgater, the late last minute lane changer cutting off traffic and lastly hats off to the ridiculous amount of people lined up outside Kal Tire on the Westside trying to get their summer tires off, i mean for christ sake the regulations for winters started a month ago and they have been forecasting snow all week. Jeeze
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Queen K wrote:Oh vey, ya.

I was on Gordon Dr., behind a very slow moving vehicle and the driver had not taken the time to clear off the snow off the entire back windshield or side mirrors. The only indication I knew the vehicle was turning onto Cook Rd at the last minute was faint lights under the snow on the back signal lights. Full snow on the back windshield, no way see anything is finable is it not?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Reading all this just makes me enjoy our winter stay south that much more. Even with around a hundred thousand snow birds in town, many of whom are new and have no idea where they are going I enjoy driving. It is not perfect but unbelievably better than the Okanagan. There are actually courteous drivers and drivers that follow the laws. Each year I almost forget how to drive like a lunatic just to stay alive. [icon_lol2.gif]
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

"The Year of Living Dangerously" AKA "Everyone has Miraculously Forgotten How to Drive in Snow".
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

lightspeed wrote:"The Year of Living Dangerously" AKA "Everyone has Miraculously Forgotten How to Drive in Snow".

Driver Dementia.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Your bias suits you.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

lightspeed wrote:To all the idiots....

It's dark. And snowy.

Was out yesterday just as it was becoming dark, came across 3 vehicles driving on just there daytime driving lights.
1 got the hint of flashing lights by our motorists other 2 nothing.

Each year I say this, please pedestrians & cyclists wear reflective items & maybe lights (at least on your bike). It helps everyone to actually see you ahead of time.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote:
Each year I say this, please pedestrians & cyclists wear reflective items & maybe lights (at least on your bike). It helps everyone to actually see you ahead of time.

Except the idiots who don't have their lights on!

Why don't all vehicles have automatic lights? My last several cars did and I never have to worry about it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:Except the idiots who don't have their lights on!

Why don't all vehicles have automatic lights? My last several cars did and I never have to worry about it.

For myself it's habit, chances are if I were to purchase a vehicle with automatic lights. I'd still reach over & turn them on.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I followed a newer vehicle out from the airport area awhile back with NO tail lights. When I was able to approach the older gentleman at the pub, he had NO idea that his lights were not on, as his lights were on in the front. I hope he remembers to always turn the knob to make sure all the lights are on. We cannot always rely on technology to keep us safe.
PS—And, no, I was not going to the pub, but followed him there to be able to speak to him.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

stalker :200:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

damama55 wrote:I followed a newer vehicle out from the airport area awhile back with NO tail lights. When I was able to approach the older gentleman at the pub, he had NO idea that his lights were not on, as his lights were on in the front. I hope he remembers to always turn the knob to make sure all the lights are on. We cannot always rely on technology to keep us safe.
PS—And, no, I was not going to the pub, but followed him there to be able to speak to him.

An unfortunate side effect of the newer cars and the dash being illuminated all the time is people aren't aware when their headlights are not on. Another reason it should be automatic.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”