Castanet radio

damama55
Übergod

Re: Castanet radio

Post by damama55 »

Nope, speakers on the site are not muted, and neither are my laptops speakers muted. Went in my car, and can hear it in the car, just not on laptop. Have wifi and that is all working fine. Getting emails and such, just no sound on the Okanagan Oldies. Boooo Hoooo!!! Even tried cancelling it and starting it again. No luck.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Have you tried other sites to see if you can hear them okay?
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Just tried YouTube and lots of sound there. Like I said, I listened to OK Oldies yesterday with no problem. ??? Even checked out, on YouTube and the promo for Ok Oldies. Not sure what else I can do, but will research a little more and see if I can figure something out.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

This is very strange. I don't have a clue! :135:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

LOL Neither do I, but will let you know if I can fix it. Keeping fingers crossed. :)
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Do you have anything like a pop-up blocker on your computer? Sometimes the audio players are mistaken for pop-up ads and blocked by some apps. Just a thought.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Post by Troy »

I've tried this on numerous devices and browsers, and it's working just fine for me. All I do is click on the Okanagan Oldies player link in our header, just to the left of the current weather conditions, and I can hear the music right away.

The pop-up player should look something like this:
okoldiesplayer.jpeg

The volume control is in the middle, just below the "Okanagan Oldies 103.9" text. You can make it louder by dragging that circle to the right. You can mute the audio by clicking on the little speaker icon.

Hopefully that helps.
Troy
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Thanks, Troy. I have done all that you said, as I went to the logo on the page and have done it several times,---still no luck.
Still trying to figure it out, too. As I say, I can get the station on my radio in my car. What is funny, is I can mute the speakers and turn them back on, and---nothing. Have tried trouble shooting, have tried Chrome, Firefox and IE and still nothing. Wonder if it may have something to do with Shaw here in Lake Country?? Don't know, as I do have wifi and access to other sites with sound. Very, very frustrating.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

I don't have the sound on my computer either.
The pop-up player is still at "Archie's Sugar Sugar" as opposed to Dream Lover

But I do have a very reliable radio, in snowy Rutland.
Troy

Post by Troy »

damama55 wrote:Thanks, Troy. I have done all that you said, as I went to the logo on the page and have done it several times,---still no luck.
Still trying to figure it out, too. As I say, I can get the station on my radio in my car. What is funny, is I can mute the speakers and turn them back on, and---nothing. Have tried trouble shooting, have tried Chrome, Firefox and IE and still nothing. Wonder if it may have something to do with Shaw here in Lake Country?? Don't know, as I do have wifi and access to other sites with sound. Very, very frustrating.

Are you seeing the player show up like the image I included in my last post?
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Yes, Dear, exactly as you have shown, except the speaker icon is on, not muted. Have tried everything I can think of, even Googled info and done troubleshooting and no luck. Think I will give it a break and maybe, JUST MAYBE, the answer will come to me in a flash. Takes a while for new thoughts to come into old heads. LOL (Sorry, couldn't resist a little humor in all of this.) :130:
Troy

Post by Troy »

Try clicking on that speaker icon to make it look exactly how it is in that image to see if that works.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

:biggrin: :130: :biggrin: :200: YEAHHHHHHH! ! YOU ARE JUST TOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOL !!! LOL LOL Scared the heck out of me when I did it so it looked exactly as shown!! LOL LOL Thank you, :130: . Now I have the Okanagan Oldies again. Stopped for a second, uh, oh. Did it again but back again. So might just be something in the air?? Anyway, looks good and I am happy.
Thanks, ferri, Troy and others who tried to help. I do love Castanet. :admin:
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

To me, you have that speaker icon 'backwards' - shouldn't it be showing with the line through it when you have the sound muted, not the other way around?
Troy

Post by Troy »

damama55 wrote::biggrin: :130: :biggrin: :200: YEAHHHHHHH! ! YOU ARE JUST TOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOL !!! LOL LOL Scared the heck out of me when I did it so it looked exactly as shown!! LOL LOL Thank you, :130: . Now I have the Okanagan Oldies again. Stopped for a second, uh, oh. Did it again but back again. So might just be something in the air?? Anyway, looks good and I am happy.
Thanks, ferri, Troy and others who tried to help. I do love Castanet. :admin:

I'm so glad you got it working. :biggrin: Have a great weekend!

Return to “Central Okanagan”