Castanet radio

Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Re: Castanet radio

Post by Troy »

Nooby wrote:To me, you have that speaker icon 'backwards' - shouldn't it be showing with the line through it when you have the sound muted, not the other way around?

Yeah, I'm going to bring that up with the others here too. Thanks!
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I think that was where my confusion was, too. Put it down to that, anyway. LOL Sometimes I do have "DUHHHH" moments. Just glad to have the music from a local radio station that does play all my favs. I don't know if I congratulated Castanet for doing this endeavor. I sure hope they get lots of sponsors and make a great success of it. Good work to all involved. Thanks, again. :smt045
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

Troy wrote:
Nooby wrote:To me, you have that speaker icon 'backwards' - shouldn't it be showing with the line through it when you have the sound muted, not the other way around?

Yeah, I'm going to bring that up with the others here too. Thanks!

Thanks - and I'm liking the station too :130:
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Listened to it while in car for last couple days and here at home for an hour or so. My husband and I have enjoyed it thus far. It's been a nostalgia trip. Time will tell whether or not Oldies becomes old for me, but so far it's a :up: .
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

reminds me a lot of the old Big R, 580 on the am dial
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
SPOCK

Post by SPOCK »

It was really great for the first week when they had no advertisers. Now the ads are getting more and more and the playlist repeats every second day.
SPOCK
Live long and prosper.
deedub
Fledgling

Post by deedub »

Gave it an hour , a little to pop-ish for me .
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

just popping in wrote:I don't have the sound on my computer either.
The pop-up player is still at "Archie's Sugar Sugar" as opposed to Dream Lover

But I do have a very reliable radio, in snowy Rutland.

Thank you for fixing the computer problem, pop-up now works.
sulchie
Fledgling

Post by sulchie »

More dead air.....
sulchie
Fledgling

Post by sulchie »

Souldecision is not oldies no matter how much it reminds you of middle school.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

I wonder how Shania Twain feels about being played on an Oldies station. LOL.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

nikonfan wrote:It amazes me that with all the available ways to get the entertainment you like without Tony Peyton screaming "Andreas" every 3 minutes people still listen to the dribble on the local stations? ITs all advertising, old guys talking about sports who know very little and crappy advertising that is 20 years old. Look into podcasts, free music streaming, or even paid subscriptions, so much better than anything on the am/fm dial!

Tony Peyton was instrumental in getting me to stop listening to 96.3. I also never shop at Andre's, partly because of their attitude, and partly because of Peyton's irritating ads.

I'm listening to 103.1 The Beach at work now. 103.9 was a little bit too mellow for me.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

I listened to what was silk fm for the past 30 years up until the past year.I got so tired of the same songs played every day.Three of them I can't stand .Hearing about her body day in and day out repeated over and over and over and called a song, then how if you need to put a ring on it, repeated over and over and over and called a song, there are a couple others they play every day for years.Don't get me started on Rap. So sick of it.Now I am so happy to have this new radio station to listen to.It now plays in my house, vehicles and shop all day long I am loving it.There are lots of station choices for all other genres to choose from.Oldies was lacking as a choice.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

I am enjoying Castanet Radio, but I do expect when I tune into an Oldies Station to hear Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, Beatles, Stones, Donovan, Kinks, more from the Flower Power/Woodstock era, more Motown . . . this is more like an easy-listening station. I enjoy it, but would really appreciate more of the oldies that defined the era.
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

lensbaby wrote:I am enjoying Castanet Radio, but I do expect when I tune into an Oldies Station to hear Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, Beatles, Stones, Donovan, Kinks, more from the Flower Power/Woodstock era, more Motown . . . this is more like an easy-listening station. I enjoy it, but would really appreciate more of the oldies that defined the era.

Hahaha. It didn't take you long to change your tune did it?

I said the playlist would get really old really fast and was told by you I don't understand the subject. Sure enough... you are complaining a mere 10 days later that you aren't hearing what you want or expected. Tell me now who doesn't understand the 60s , 70's and 80's.

I lived through all those decades and know the music inside out. You're right about it being an easy listening style and seriously lacking in anything of substantial memory. I would liken it more to whiny tunes. I didn't hear anything other than a bit of Bob Segar that stirred my memory in a good way. I've never understood why, with so much music to choose from, program directors play what they do. '
Someone has to say it.

Return to “Central Okanagan”