Most Expensive Gas in North America

KenL

Most Expensive Gas in North America

Post by KenL »

Taxes, greed, inefficiencies. They all enter in the biggest rip-off consumers in BC and across Canada face every time we re-fuel at the pumps. The current average price of gas in the US is $0.873 cents per liter, Canadian funds. We're supposed to happily pay $1.45 a liter here in Canada, where we produce massive amounts of fuel??? Gimme a break!

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/210786 ... gas-in-N-A
Last edited by ferri on Nov 4th, 2017, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link added
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Most Expensive Gas in North America

Post by Bsuds »

Actually closer to .80 per liter but we are getting screwed either way.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Everything north of US border is more expensive i.e our day to day cost of living. Thing is would I move south, answer hell no.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

KenL wrote:Taxes, greed, inefficiencies. They all enter in the biggest rip-off consumers in BC and across Canada face every time we re-fuel at the pumps. The current average price of gas in the US is $0.873 cents per liter, Canadian funds. We're supposed to happily pay $1.45 a liter here in Canada, [b]where we produce massive amounts of fuel[/b]??? Gimme a break!

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/210786 ... gas-in-N-A

And the US produces 3 times more oil and has 10 times the market (also higher density). What's your point?

Oil > Production
Canada - 3.29 million bbl/day
Ranked 5th.

USA - 9.06 million bbl/day
Ranked 2nd. 3 times more than Canada

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-inf ... tes/Energy
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

We have our Medicare and better pensions for a couple of things. The US is swirling around the toilet bowl of history with their fading education system for the masses, greed by the top 1%ers, gun violence, no health care for many, and corrupt politicians at every level. I'm okay with our gas costing more than USA gas.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

bob vernon wrote:We have our Medicare and better pensions for a couple of things. The US is swirling around the toilet bowl of history with their fading education system for the masses, greed by the top 1%ers, gun violence, no health care for many, and corrupt politicians at every level. I'm okay with our gas costing more than USA gas.

Well for the record I'm not.

For as a resource rich country as we are, it's ridiculous that the Americans always get everything cheaper than we do, including our whiskey. :swear:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “B.C.”