Trudeau Liberals target diabetics with tax grab

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Trudeau Liberals target diabetics with tax grab

Post by maryjane48 »

Rwede wrote:So I understand the cash-starved Trudeau Liberals are also increasing taxes on those who have mental disabilities, too.

Is there any depth that entitled, smug jackass won't sink to?

Weissman and Buchanan are both currently lobbying to reintroduce the Disability Advisory Committee, a body that used to monitor CRA’s access to tax credits for mentally and physically challenged people that was scrapped by the Harper government in 2006. theres where the problem lies. now ask yourself why did harper do that? :smt045 :up:
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling

Post by Keith Duhaime »

Merry wrote:I DO take responsibility for my own health, which is why when I went for a routine medical my doctor told me she can't find a thing wrong with me (and I'm 62). I don't take ANY medication, and am not a burden on the health care system.

So why wouldn`t you want fair MSP premiums. That simply does not make sense.
Merry wrote:But, that said, I'm old enough to have had friends who led equally exemplary lives who, through no fault of their own, developed chronic illness or terminal disease. It's not ALL about lifestyle. Genetics and luck play a role as well.

If they have also been leading exemplary lives, they will pay low premiums too. You can be an excellent driver, and have the occasional bang up with your car without it effecting your premium.
Merry wrote:Just because SOME folks are irresponsible when it comes to their own health, it isn't fair to "tar everyone with the same brush".

And some folks drive like maniacs and pile up speeding tickets, etc., and then pay fair premiums until that market signal sinks in and they figure out for themselves as to how to save money, by driving sensibly instead. And that is what should be happening with healthcare too. Otherwise the rest of us foot the bill for these clowns when that money could be going to help the truly less fortunate like Type I diabetics or people that have lead exemplary lives but then suffered a health setback.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Rwede wrote:So I understand the cash-starved Trudeau Liberals are also increasing taxes on those who have mental disabilities, too.

Is there any depth that entitled, smug jackass won't sink to?

Rwede, do you have a link to this rumour, a news article? It's not like you to through out vague posts like this one. This is a serious inquiry btw.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling

Post by Keith Duhaime »

Merry wrote:...and I'm 62).

If true, then you know all too well that we have invested a good sum of our tax dollars to educate everyone. So there is no excuse for them not getting their wallets out and paying higher premiums if they didn't heed what they were taught.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Keith Duhaime wrote:
Merry wrote:...and I'm 62).

If true, then you know all too well that we have invested a good sum of our tax dollars to educate everyone. So there is no excuse for them not getting their wallets out and paying higher premiums if they didn't heed what they were taught.

And now I'm waiting for you to apologize on line for all that nasty talk you threw at Merry a few posts up.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Keith Duhaime wrote:
Merry wrote:Response to Keith Duhaime:.....

ps. What's your problem with taking responsibilty for your decisions? Did mommy and daddy not raise you properly? Maybe you should put down your game console and get out of their basement. Go visit other parts of the world. See what people who didn't win the birth lottery have to live with being born in developing world conditions. Then maybe you'll be a little more appreciative of the opportunities winning the birth lottery provided you with.

You know, this post. Merry is such a class act that she didn't resort to following suit. Maybe you could learn something here Keith.
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling

Post by Keith Duhaime »

Queen K wrote:
And now I'm waiting for you to apologize on line for all that nasty talk you threw at Merry a few posts up.

How about first you and Merry come back with a rational proposal on how to fund the $45-50 billion /annum of contingent liability of healthcare costs that unfairly befalls responsible citizens simply because their taxable personal income is higher than another citizen's instead of the cost being fairly allocated to those responsible via insurance premiums.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh no, you first. Truly. What you gonna contract some serious disease or something by recognizing your own errors?

As for your post, you seem to be saying that only responsible people have easy, clean, inexpensive to the tax payers lives and never, ever find themselves in medical distress or in a diseased state.

Only "responsible" is too broad of a term to use. We are right back to taking in financial statements and using Big Brother judgements aren't we?

Responsible people wrap themselves up in plastic bubble wrap and never go anywhere or do anything, right? Never handle guns for instance, or go hunting in wilderness areas, and definitely not smoke or drink alcohol or lots of things, heck. Go pin down a definition and come back with how that's going to be fair?
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Type 2 diabetes is not always the result of poor lifestyle choices. Sometimes there are other factors at work.
More than one in ten people in the US have type 2 diabetes — that's over 29 million people. It's characterized by excessive sugar (glucose) in the blood due to the development of resistance to insulin, the hormone that normally metabolizes glucose.

Deposits of folded and clumped proteins in the pancreas are also common in type 2 diabetes. There, they may impact the ability of the pancreas to function properly. But, researchers from McGovern Medical School at the University of Texas Health Science Center have discovered that they could play a role in causing the disease.

The configuration of protein, including how it's folded, is one factor that contributes to its ability to function properly. The scientists found the abnormally folded protein that accumulates in diabetes can induce the symptoms of the disease. What's more, the protein is similar to an infectious protein found in diseases like Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, Kuru, and Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (mad cow disease).

https://invisiverse.wonderhowto.com/new ... s-0179122/

And 66% of cancers are the result of "bad luck" moreso than lifestyle choices
66 percent of cancer-causing genetic mutations arise from the “bad luck” of a healthy, dividing cell making a random mistake when it copies its DNA.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... -bad-luck/
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The premise of this thread is a tad off. https://globalnews.ca/news/3819171/liberals-tax-credit-diabetes-canada/

1) Nobody changed the rules - they are exactly the same as under the previous government.
2) It all starts with a bureaucracy change of practice as to WHO reviews the claims.
3) Remedial action has been taken to rehire RNs to review the medical claims, not leaving it up to pencil pushers.

Of course, the additional spin factor gets involved because of who is ginning it up, that atrocious excuse for an MP Skippy Poilievre (he is in the same class as Jenny Kwan imo).

It actually has little to do with the Liberals, and everything to do with overzealous pencil pushers.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I agree with the "over zealous pencil pusher" point HG, and have noticed that there have been several such instances lately. It occurred to me that this could be the work of an employee with a bit of a "hidden agenda" - possibly politically motivated, or maybe something more personal (such as feeling badly done to by the govt when it comes to not being paid properly [Phoenix pay system comes to mind]). But whatever the reason for what's going on, I think it has to do with an employee, or employees, trying to embarrass the Government for some reason that we don't know about.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Return to “Canada”