Electric cars/Tesla/Solar power

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Dyson to make ev car now

Post by alanjh595 »

Dizzy1 wrote:We had one of their vacuums once - it ended up in the dump.

I'd rather use toilet paper to dry my hands at an airport then use one of the AirBlade dryers which just end up spitting water all over the place as you patiently wait to get your hands somewhat dry.

Think I'll pass on one of their cars - thanks :up:

Therefore: You say that, "Dyson neither sucks or blows", but doesn't do either very well?
Bring back the LIKE button.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Time to buy lithium stocks

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Jlabute wrote:Lithium will not last long as a chemical component of auto batteries. It is rare, expensive, and has a low power density compared to what is possible. Toyota is betting on solid state lithium batteries which are a better format of Lithium... but still better will come.

And yet this would still be a better investment than renting solar panels from Fortis.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

GB - after reading your post and signature it dawned on me, Justin Trudeau IS a solar panel. Over-priced, inefficient, everyone’s hopes are riding on him, and in the light you hardly get anything out of him.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh Jlabute! you funny. Okay, because I'm so disillusioned with the JT brand, I have to give you this one :up:

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Jlabute wrote:Lithium will not last long as a chemical component of auto batteries. It is rare, expensive, and has a low power density compared to what is possible. Toyota is betting on solid state lithium batteries which are a better format of Lithium... but still better will come.

And yet this would still be a better investment than renting solar panels from Fortis.

Renting anything is stupid, when I read the "renting solar from Fortis" I thought , some neo-con on Team Fortis thought of a way to fleece the liberal vegan eaters big time.

Having said that, no system is perfect, if we were lithium based now, looking at oil as a possibity and not the other way around, I wonder what would be said of oil and all it's implications?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

I know huh! What bugs me about Fortis - if not a single person rents a solar panel, we will all still pay for it. Heck, Fortis can just say they have a solar panel farm when they don’t, and virtually rent it, it’d be the same thing but cheaper for Fortis. I’d rather just pay higher rates than go through this joke of a solar facade.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Jlabute wrote:GB - after reading your post and signature it dawned on me, Justin Trudeau IS a solar panel. Over-priced, inefficient, everyone’s hopes are riding on him, and in the light you hardly get anything out of him.

And at the end of four years you have no money left and nothing to show for it, but everyone is telling you that you should feel good about it for some reason.

Btw I don't actually think JT is a bigot. He's a total dumb dumb who has no idea what the life of an average Canadian is like, but he's not a bigot. Neither is Andrew Scheer. But as long as a certain drug addled bozo on C-net has the Andrew Scheer nonsense in his signature line my signature line will stay the same.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

^^^ truly requires no explanation, lol.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Tesla set to be number 1

Post by Queen K »

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/compani ... li=AAggNb9

Colbalt, Ontario experiencing abit of economic activity thanks to unrest in Africa.

Who knew?

Some call it a fake business, and their earnings are disappointing right now, but as the electric car quest continues, industries come to life.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Cobalt has almost tripled in price in the last 5 years. It is a cathode ingredient in the batteries... so no cobalt, no Tesla. Most cobalt comes from little Africans as young as 4 working and dying in mines so we can drive our faux virtue machines.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2016/jan/19/children-as-young-as-seven-mining-cobalt-for-use-in-smartphones-says-amnesty

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4764208/Child-miners-aged-four-living-hell-Earth.html

As much as I like American companies, Tesla buyers are soon to lose their $7500 tax credit as Tesla approaches 200,000 units. Also, Tesla is unable to deliver their model 3. Because of this, stock dropped to near $300 from $360.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Tesla set to be number1

Post by JLives »

vegas1500 wrote:
Not many gas cars rise in value. There's been a select few....and will remain that way.

My 5 year old truck is worth more now than what I paid for it. :biggrin:

Wish Tesla would make a 4x4 truck.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

https://www.wired.com/story/musk-model- ... on-delays/

Musk is simply trying to achieve too much in too short a time. He really needs to learn to set priorities.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

40,000 Plug-In Electric Vehicles Sold In Germany

Post by maryjane48 »

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/11/04/ne ... -far-2017/

:130: :smt045

Nearly 40,000 plug-in electric passenger cars and light-duty commercial vehicles have been sold so far in Germany this year, going on the most recent figures from EV-Volumes
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Million plus electric cars

Post by Queen K »

Well if the gas companies lobbyists have their way, this new bill in Congress will kill the electric car tax credit and do away with the middle class or marginal buyer, which basically sinks the market for electric vehicles.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/03/technol ... index.html

Yes, there is a real battle out there for the consumer's dollars.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Nissan to electrify people that need power

Post by maryjane48 »

JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: Nissan to electrify people that need power

Post by JagXKR »

Written by an eco terrorist author on an eco terrorist website. Pure bunk.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Return to “World”