GG takes on fake news

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: GG takes on fake news

Post by Urbane »

Omnitheo wrote:Yet you disregard the second part of that person’s statement. When Justin Trudeau says that women are equal, is it offensive and inappropriate because some faiths disagree? Would it be inappropriate of the GG to go to a woman’s conference and say that women deserve to be treated equally? Because some religious groups might take offence?

First of all, if you're including Trudeau in this discussion you're misunderstanding what the controversy is about, (i.e. he's an elected official). Secondly, "equality of women" is most definitely not in the same category as global warming. It's not in the same category as deeply held religious beliefs either.

It's worth noting that many, if not most, of the people criticizing the GG agree with what she said. The issue here is the role of the GG and not about whether we agree or disagree with her actual opinions. I like Julie Payette and respect what she's accomplished. She's an amazing woman. I just think she needs to be reminded what her role is as Governor General.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JLives wrote:
You do understand a scientific conference is not a church right? Right?

and you understand that the entire man-made climate change hoax is basically a religion, right? But way to deliberately deflect. If you make a statement that people who believe in some sort of divine creator are basically stupid, then you are going to offend every person who practices that religion. You can't pick and choose religions, because one might be an easy touch while others are not. Especially when you are a government-paid representative. This GG is a complete idiot, and was appointed by a complete idiot.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote:
Wrong. It is solid science backed by evidence as understood by a planet full of climate scientists.

not one part of anything you stated above is true.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote:
Nah. We don't need to downplay facts in case it offends someone's belief system.

This statement just made me fall over laughing. This is EXACTLY what happens every single time that a Muslim extremist attacks innocents. EVERY SINGLE TIME the Left goes nuts trying to "not offend" people. Now we have a GG who is totally offending Muslims (if she had been a Harper appointee, most Leftists here would already be calling her an Islamaphobe) with her stupid statements about religion, and it's totally ok to offend Muslims. This ideological pretzel just gets more bendy every day.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote:Climate change and evolution are facts. .

of course climate change is a fact. The climate is always changing. It's the unproven hypothesis that man is causing any effect on this change that is up for debate, and so far, those saying that man is having an effect seem to think that emotion is all that they need due to the absence of actual proof. That and insults.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:How could stating reality be out of line ? :smt045

as someone who is constantly going on about Indigenous and FA issues, I am stunned that you would support this lunatic woman's total insult of their belief system. It's always amazing to me how fast Leftists are to sell out their core principles in a heart-beat if it means that they have to defend someone's idiotic actions. I really am shocked. Totally shocked. The Leftists here are totally cool with the Indigenous and Muslims being attacked by a government representative. Unbelievable.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo wrote:It’s not. Snowflakes here just want to censor any speech that doesn’t match their world view so they don’t get offended.

Muslims and the Indigenous are "snowflakes"?? Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo wrote:Please tell me what the GG said that was political? There is no political debate in our government on creationism, astrology, or climate change.

There's not much political debate about climate change, I agree, but there is much debate about the unproven scientific hypothesis that man is somehow changing the climate. I am not sure how you missed that distinction, as it was pretty obvious.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:Why would gg or anyone dismiss first nation healing practices? The rightwingers are so desperate to make the non alt righters look bad they are wiling to liable our first nations and gg ? Sad and shamefull

wow!!! Selling out your principles AGAIN! Just unbelievable! I never thought I would see this day. Just so sad.
buckland
Fledgling

Post by buckland »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I agree - there shouldn't be any debate about the man-made climate change myth until some scientific proof can be put forward that it actually exists. Ms. Payette makes a great point. Until then, why even debate such a stupid hypothesis?

And I agree - there shouldn't be any debate about the myth that god put man on the earth 3000 years ago as stated by some right wing religious US senator and branded as fact a few years ago until some religion based proof can be put forward that it actually happened. Until then, why even debate such a stupid hypothesis?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

off topic Like putting down minorities and calling for the elimination. Of first nation folks. Leave the climate to smarter folks like donald duck :biggrin:
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Nov 9th, 2017, 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Interesting that people will believe in the chemistry knowledge of scientists and take meds that keep them alive. Drink alcohol brewed to meet a specific flavour and alcohol content. Salt their driveways to melt the snow. Fuel their cars with gasoline that has been processed to work with their engines. Mix a certain amount of flour, yeast, sugar etc to do their holiday baking. Not questioning the science and chemistry that goes into all of this.

But suddenly common folk think they know more about CO2 than chemists? They think that scientists don’t understand how one of the most basic chemical compounds functions and interacts with the environment. Give me a break.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “Canada”