Saying thanks to good police officers

damama55
Übergod

Re: Saying thanks to good police officers

Post by damama55 »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#206625

The officers put their lives on the line each and every day and each and every call out because they NEVER know what is on the other side of a door, or what the person is intending that they have to pull over. The raise they are getting, in my opinion, is well deserved. When I hear or read of the money that MPs make, not having to have their lives endangered for doing their jobs, and the HUGE severance pays they receive for whatever reason, it is disgusting, all the way around. Our officers, as I say, well deserve their pay increases and, if anyone has a problem with it, try to do what they do. Not enough money in the coffers would make me do it. I'm sure this holds true for many others. To our men and women of the force, stay safe and go home to your families and loved ones. Just my opinion, of course. And again, no, I am not the spouse of any of the members, just an appreciative citizen.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

damama55 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-206625-1-.htm#206625

The officers put their lives on the line each and every day and each and every call out because they NEVER know what is on the other side of a door, or what the person is intending that they have to pull over. The raise they are getting, in my opinion, is well deserved. When I hear or read of the money that MPs make, not having to have their lives endangered for doing their jobs, and the HUGE severance pays they receive for whatever reason, it is disgusting, all the way around. Our officers, as I say, well deserve their pay increases and, if anyone has a problem with it, try to do what they do. Not enough money in the coffers would make me do it. I'm sure this holds true for many others. To our men and women of the force, stay safe and go home to your families and loved ones. Just my opinion, of course. And again, no, I am not the spouse of any of the members, just an appreciative citizen.

Personally I would like to see Kelowna get its own police force and give the RCMP the boot! Just my opinion :135:
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Again, another officer gone from another family, and the family of our police force. Too many times over the past few years we have heard of officers we have lost doing their job. Again, we will see flags flying at half mast. Again we will see memorials for a downed officer. Our hearts and thoughts are with their families, their brothers and sisters of the force, and their home family.
Please, don’t wait to hear of an officer lost to thank our officers for the job they do. Tip your hat, say “Thank you” out loud to every officer you see. I have and the officers appreciate it so much.
Every time I hear of an officer down, it truly touches my heart. Everyone that loved him/her, now has to deal with their own loss. So very sad that a person doing their job that is really a calling, loses their life protecting us, the public.
Officers, men and women, thank you, and please stay safe and know we do appreciate what you all do for us.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

After the brief conversation at a road block in the evenings, I always try to say thank you for you're being out here.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

damama55 wrote:Again, another officer gone from another family, and the family of our police force. Too many times over the past few years we have heard of officers we have lost doing their job. Again, we will see flags flying at half mast. Again we will see memorials for a downed officer. Our hearts and thoughts are with their families, their brothers and sisters of the force, and their home family.
Please, don’t wait to hear of an officer lost to thank our officers for the job they do. Tip your hat, say “Thank you” out loud to every officer you see. I have and the officers appreciate it so much.
Every time I hear of an officer down, it truly touches my heart. Everyone that loved him/her, now has to deal with their own loss. So very sad that a person doing their job that is really a calling, loses their life protecting us, the public.
Officers, men and women, thank you, and please stay safe and know we do appreciate what you all do for us.

agree 100% :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

We hope and pray the other officer hurt makes a full recovery.

The Abbotsford police officer who was killed in a shooting on Monday has been identified as Const. John Davidson. a true warrior for his community.
According to a news release from the police department, Davidson had been a police officer for 24 years, beginning his law-enforcement career in the United Kingdom working for the Northumbria Police from 1993 to 2005.

READ THE FULL STORY on any of the news stories. Again, heartfelt sympathies to all of his families.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I was just reading through some of the posts, and would like to re-post this from a Police Officer in our town, which could be Anytown, Anywhere--and with the story from Abbotsford about another great officer losing his life, I think it is great to be reminded of how they feel. I hope the Mods don't mind me re-posting it.

damama55 wrote:Wow ! I just got a letter, to my email, from a police officer that, seriously, brought tears to my eyes, and I still have goosebumps. I never expected this, and I so appreciate that the officers do appreciate what this thread is trying to do. With his/her permission, here is the letter. I hope it touches you as it did me. (I did the bold-as these are some of the words that touched my heart.)

"As a police officer in this town, I can tell you we do appreciate each time
someone thanks us and it does give us a smile. We are not all perfect and
like any job there are people who should be fired and have no business
being police officers.
There are 233 police officers here and everyone
thinks we go out of our way to write tickets and kick people in the head.
This is the furthest from the truth. The reality is most officers have
worked in different areas other then Kelowna and as someone who worked in
the Lower Mainland, the work load, crime and lack of officers makes this
job even tougher.

Sometimes we are grumpy when dealing with the public and I will be the
first to admit I have been one of those people. But what the public
forgets is, for example after having to investigate 3 fatal collisions in 5
days, having to tell families there husband, wife, son or daughter is dead
it begins to show what is really important in this life.
There is no
"pause" button in our job and after telling someone their family member is
dead, we are expected to go to the next call of a barking dog or kids
playing street hockey on the road impeding traffic and pretend like that is
actually as important as our last call and holds the same level of
importance.

I have written hundreds of tickets this year and of course no one is ever
happy receiving one, because "We should be catching real criminals". But i
would rather have every one of those persons yell and swear at me if it
meant I didnt have to pick up one more body off the ground, out of a
windshield or from inside a car and have to do a Next Of Kin notification.

We all have families and everyone has problems at work; however a bad day
for most people is stuck in traffic, being told to complete a last minute
file for a boss or having a package that did not arrive on time. These
people can go home and vent to their wives, husbands, kids about how the
day sucked. We however dont get that luxury due to privacy acts,
confidential work or the simple fact that we dont want to bring our job
home with us and talk about the 40 year old step dad who sexually assaulted
his 8 year old girl/boy to our significant others or children.

Every smile, thank you, or wave we get makes the day a little easier as it
reminds us that there are people out there who care. We take well over a
100,000, 911 calls in this district from people looking for help and
assistance for a variety of reasons. But when that 911 phone rings we all
know its not someone calling to say hello or thank us for our work.

The next time you see a police officer wave at him/her or say hello. Even
if we dont show it, we do appreciate it.

I thank you everyone else who has provided their "Positive" stories as its
a refreshing change of pace.

I will not post this on the thread because i dont want my user name or real
name displayed for obvious reasons. But if you so wish I have no problem
with you copy and pasting this on to the thread for everyone to read and
just request you remove my name.

Thank You,"

[b]Again, to you and all the good officers, women and men, WE THANK YOU ALL.
PLEASE, STAY SAFE AND BE SAFE.
I will be happy to give you a wave and a thumbs up for a job you can do that I know I couldn't.[/b]
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Our hearts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the two officers and civilians lost in Fredericton, New Brunswick. May the memories they have of their loved ones carry them through this needless tragedy.
Nice to see flags at half mast here in Lake Country. Officers, stay strong and stay safe. Thank you for all you do to try and keep us safe.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Cheers to them for sure. In a society where they need power and respect, they do not get either. The courts are not behind them. Their own management is not behind them. Do to todays "snowflake" society, it would be tough as hell to be in their boots.
again, cheers to them.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

liisgo wrote:Cheers to them for sure. In a society where they need power and respect, they do not get either. The courts are not behind them. Their own management is not behind them. Do to todays "snowflake" society, it would be tough as hell to be in their boots.
again, cheers to them.

Most do a good job but a few bad apples leave people to believe it’s all of them no matter what rank.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

WOW!!
Congratulations to the Police Officer that did his job, kept his cool demeanour to Lacey Evans.
THAT woman needs to, face to face, give that officer a VERY sincere apology.
I wonder how she would have felt if she had caused an accident and that SAME Officer was the one trying to help her and clean up the wreckage she caused.
Again, our officers do their very best to do their job and should not have to take such abuse, I don’t care who a person THINKS they are.
All the best and stay safe, Men and Women in blue.
aaronmak9092

Post by aaronmak9092 »

I aswell would like to thank the majority of our police officers. I grew up in Rutland and had an adverse opinion of the police at a young age. But as I’ve grown up I’ve been thankful that our cops haven’t taken after their counterparts in America. Our police drives have been militarized, they dead with increased populations and density, with rising gun violence, drug related crime, gang crime, and the stress that accompanied those factors. But luckily we don’t seem to deal with the overly aggressive and oppressive police that our southern neighbors do. Both my cousin and my close friends spouse are RCMP constables. Time and time again they show through their training that they rely and prefer de-escalation tactics over violence. Now, we know that no organization is perfect and every group has a few bad apples. But one look at the headlines in the states is direct proof of how lucky we are up here.

I wish all our public servants, officers, firefighters, paramedics, soldiers and everyone else who puts their lives at risk to keep our society in balance; I wish you all the best, pray for the safety of you and your families and thank you for your service from the bottom of my heart. God bless the thin blue line.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Maturity does wonderful things to our thoughts and lives.
Now the story is, the ticket is real, BUT, Ms Lacey had the interaction recorded as a “show”???
If so, why would she say Canada is a TERRIBLE place and she couldn’t WAIT to get back to the US ??
Her attitude showed a total lack of respect for the Officer AND her disdain for our beautiful country, CANADA.
Either way, she did wish the Officer a TERRIBLE day!!
I hope interactions she may have with American Officers are as courteous as our Officers usually are.
I for one do not think she did much for HER image.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

damama55 wrote:Maturity does wonderful things to our thoughts and lives.
Now the story is, the ticket is real, BUT, Ms Lacey had the interaction recorded as a “show”???
If so, why would she say Canada is a TERRIBLE place and she couldn’t WAIT to get back to the US ??
Her attitude showed a total lack of respect for the Officer AND her disdain for our beautiful country, CANADA.
Either way, she did wish the Officer a TERRIBLE day!!
I hope interactions she may have with American Officers are as courteous as our Officers usually are.
I for one do not think she did much for HER image.

She was pulled over and issued a speeding ticket. That interaction was not recorded. After the fact, she asked the RCMP member to play along while she received the ticket a second time, this time in "character." Lacey Evans (that is her TV character, not her real name) portrays a snobby, arrogant, violent woman who also sees herself as a proper southern lady. What we saw in the video is how her TV character behaves. It was actually supposed to make Lacey Evens (the TV character, not the woman who portrays her) look bad. RCMP members have the latitude to indulge any request from the public that the member deems is appropriate, and this member was willing to roll with it.

It was all for show, and simply meant to get people talking. Many people thought it was real when they first saw it. Mission accomplished.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

anyone that knows her character, knows that she was playing "in character"

Return to “Central Okanagan”